im unimpressed with Gaethje

KOPPE

אהיה אשר אהיה
@red
Reaction score
MJ: was 1-3 in his last four before he fought him. the biggest hit or miss fighter in UFC history
James Vick: a glass jaw who was killing himself to make LW? cool i guess
Barboza: was never champ or top 5 and
Captura_de_Tela_2019_04_02__s_14.24.57.png

beating the corpse of Cowboy and Tony and than getting choked by Khabib
is not enough to get a title shot imo.

aside from his fight with MJ he doesn't have a SINGLE impressive / notable win .. and this guy is supposed to fight for the title?

Entertaining doesn't equal good. He's good. But not that good as shown against Dustin, Eddie and Khabib.
Meh. He's refined his style and noticeably improved since the Dustin and Eddie fights. And nobody looks good against Khabib (Justin actually looked decent in the first round). Gaethje is a top tier fighter in the LW division.

I dont care who you are but KO'ing Johnson, Tony, and Barboza and going to war with Poirier & Alvarez is hella impressive.

He's top 5 material. How can being a top 5 fighter in the hardest organization not demand your respect and impress you?

I'd like to see him fight Chandler next especially because the winner of Mcgregor/Poirier is getting the next crack at Olives.

The only guy to win a round from Khabib fair and square. First guy to absolutely son Tony. Has heart for days, walks through wars - even the guys he loses to (aside from Khabib) leaves them not feeling like winners, physically.

You goof troops just have too high standards for everyone.

That said, I hate eye pokes the most and, yeah, he poked both Doostin and Edson and I'm not 100% sure if by accident.

MJ: was 1-3 in his last four before he fought him. the biggest hit or miss fighter in UFC history
James Vick: a glass jaw who was killing himself to make LW? cool i guess
Barboza: was never champ or top 5 and
Captura_de_Tela_2019_04_02__s_14.24.57.png

beating the corpse of Cowboy and Tony and than getting choked by Khabib
is not enough to get a title shot imo.

aside from his fight with MJ he doesn't have a SINGLE impressive / notable win .. and this guy is supposed to fight for the title?
Terrible take...Justin turned Tony into the brain dead zombie he is now..That beating effectively ended Tony's career.

The only guy to win a round from Khabib fair and square. First guy to absolutely son Tony. Has heart for days, walks through wars - even the guys he loses to (aside from Khabib) leaves them not feeling like winners, physically.

You goof troops just have too high standards for everyone.

That said, I hate eye pokes the most and, yeah, he poked both Doostin and Edson and I'm not 100% sure if by accident.
He didn't win a round against Khabib lol, he did better than a lot of people think though

Terrible take...Justin turned Tony into the brain dead zombie he is now..That beating effectively ended Tony's career.
Nah Tony was old and washed up regardless, that was just the first fight he showed it

Also Tony killed himself to make weight that fight

He was also stopped badly by every elite fighter he ever faced.
That's not really fair to say. When he finished Tony I think most people would have said Tony is elite. Maybe there's an argument to be made that he never was but during his time the general consensus was that he is an elite LW

Nah Tony was old and washed up regardless, that was just the first fight he showed it

Also Tony killed himself to make weight that fight

So he was old and washed up beating everyone he fought but only Justin was able to destroy him ..Great argument.

So he was old and washed up beating everyone he fought but only Justin was able to destroy him ..Great argument.
At some point a fighter falls off a cliff, he showed signs of it against Cowboy and Pettis too, he just beat them because they're even more washed

Also Tony was 36, it's a guarantee at LW your performances will start to decline around 36 or 37 if not sooner

Back