I'm scared for McGregor .. Aldo is really going to hurt him

I'm a huge fan of McGregor.. but Aldo is going to murder him..
McGregor is a great fighter, but Aldo is on a different frequency. He will fucking run through McGregor like a hot knife through Butter.
Mark my words.

Way to make a thread and say nothing.

"Aldo is going to murder him.." Why do you think this?

"McGregor is a great fighter, but Aldo is on a different frequency. He will fucking run through McGregor like a hot knife through Butter." Any actual analysis to back up your claim or are you just talking?

"Mark my words." lol yeah ok.

So what you are saying if I read correctly is that Mark Hominick was a vastly superior fighter to McGregor?

Or Kenny Florian?

Because Aldo took both of those guys to a decision and frankly he lost the last two rounds to Hominick (although admittedly the first couple of rounds could have been 10-8...).

In fact Aldo has 5 decision wins in his last 7 fights.

Do I think he will lose? No Aldo will probably win a decision. Give McGregor another couple of years (he is 2 years younger than Aldo and has 6 less fights) and then it might be a different story.

I agree. McGregor poses a great threat to Aldo imho. I worry about McGregor throwing that spinning back kick, Aldo catching it, tripping McGregor down and finishing him for the TKO.

I don't think Aldo is going to be able to hold Conor down at all. McGregor is too explosive and reacts too quickly. Aldo may catch him off balance and get him down but I really do not believe he will be able to control him there.

Conor's biggest weakness will be having trouble adjusting to not being able to control the cage if it happens, and Aldo will make him pay for missing the high risk strikes Conor throws out.

If he comes in with a slightly more conservative approach, can avoid the leg kicks, and continually beat Aldo to the punch I think he has an excellent chance of wearing Jose down and finishing him.

Aldo is a great fighter but he's gone to decision against guys like Hominick before. I'd give Aldo the edge but no way is he going to walk through McGregor. They'll both be hurt. Aldo will win if goes to decision but I can see McGregor also having a chance at TKO. Can't wait for fight.
You can say what you want about McGregor but he's smashed everyone who's got in his way and has been very impressive.

I don't know who will win, but it's gonna be so much fun bumping threads like these if Conor wins.

Didn't take long for these threads to pop up everywhere.

I'm a huge fan of McGregor.. but Aldo is going to murder him..
McGregor is a great fighter, but Aldo is on a different frequency. He will fucking run through McGregor like a hot knife through Butter.
Mark my words.

Do you remember when was the last time Aldo finished someone that didn't injury the shoulder? Oh...

A little tiny guy with t-rex arms and zero striking ability did this to Aldo's face over five rounds. McGregor will only need one round to do that. If Aldo doesn't get knocked out, the fight will end up being stopped by the doctor and Aldo will be making a trip to the plastic surgeon. His days are numbered.

aldo111010.jpg

I don't think Aldo is going to be able to hold Conor down at all. McGregor is too explosive and reacts too quickly. Aldo may catch him off balance and get him down but I really do not believe he will be able to control him there.

Conor's biggest weakness will be having trouble adjusting to not being able to control the cage if it happens, and Aldo will make him pay for missing the high risk strikes Conor throws out.

If he comes in with a slightly more conservative approach, can avoid the leg kicks, and continually beat Aldo to the punch I think he has an excellent chance of wearing Jose down and finishing him.

I think that Aldo can get the takedown if he wants to. I don't see Conor fighting conservative and that could be his downfall. Conor always comes into the fights looking relaxed and not afraid to let his hands and legs go. Aldo did look a bit tentative in his striking against Mendes. I could potentially see either fighter wearing the other fighter down.

So what you are saying if I read correctly is that Mark Hominick was a vastly superior fighter to McGregor?

Or Kenny Florian?

Because Aldo took both of those guys to a decision and frankly he lost the last two rounds to Hominick (although admittedly the first couple of rounds could have been 10-8...).

Do I think he will lose? No Aldo will probably win a decision. Give McGregor another couple of years (he is 2 years younger than Aldo and has 6 less fights) and then it might be a different story.

On what planet did Aldo lose the 4th round to Hominick?, he didn't gass until the 5th and that was after one of the worst weightcuts any fighter have ever gone through. He beat Hominick from pillar to post for 4 rounds before he gassed and then controlled Hominick from guard in the 5th VERY little of what Hominick threw on the ground landed cleanly.

Well Conor is not a wrestler, so I'm not sure how this is relevant. Obviously, Aldo has more accomplishments than Conor, since Conor is only 26 and only has 5 UFC fights.

You don't think McGregor has more talent than Korean Zombie or Mark Hominick, which were both tough fights for Aldo?

I would say Chad Mendes II was a tough fight for him not the fight where he won every round then separated the opponents shoulder and the fight where he gave the guy another head and lost one round due to having an inefficient gas tank.

Conor has an interesting striking game and he loves to pressure his opponents. But I honestly think he will be nullified by Aldo's slips, counter striking and leg or body kicks. CMG will have the reach advantage which will pose some threats but he's not as good at keeping his distance like say JBJ.

Aldo may have a better clinch and he definitely has the better ground game. Conor didn't even go for the armbar or attempt to go for a head/arm choke, instead he was content to ground and pound Dennis Siver's elbows.

If CMG can find a home for that straight left early and often while taking no damage to the legs or body and staying away from Aldo's jab then yeah he may have a chance.

But this fight has the making of a BJ Penn vs Diego Sanchez type fight all over it

Aldo is a beast, but its not like he destroys people. Since the Mendes knee his fights have been more and more competitive.

Doesn't matter. He got his title shot and Aldo finally has a fight people will be excited for. No matter the outcome it is fun to see.

Great post and true if Mcgregor had lost last night to say it would be catastrophic to his career would be an understatement, if he loses to Aldo no big deal.

The pressure is off conor now.

Subsequently and however, Mcgregor is going to light aldo the fuck up, Aldo is going to face the same issue Siver did last night in that he will not be able to get close to Mcgregor, Mcgregors boxing is in a different world to Aldo's. Aldo will get battered in the first and end up trying to take it to the ground.

A little tiny guy with t-rex arms and zero striking ability did this to Aldo's face over five rounds. McGregor will only need one round to do that. If Aldo doesn't get knocked out, the fight will end up being stopped by the doctor and Aldo will be making a trip to the plastic surgeon. His days are numbered.

tumblr_mf2rak2uPn1qaa8d1o1_500.gif

MendesOmigawa1.gif

e67d9-4.gif

Word terrible striking, notice how he can't counter, slip, feint and literally has no pop in his punches...

Way to make a thread and say nothing.

"Aldo is going to murder him.." Why do you think this?

"McGregor is a great fighter, but Aldo is on a different frequency. He will fucking run through McGregor like a hot knife through Butter." Any actual analysis to back up your claim or are you just talking?

"Mark my words." lol yeah ok.

Lol, he isn't even a McGregor fan. he's an insecure person.

i'm concerned that leg kicks make this a crappy fight...

Or Kenny Florian?

Lemme get this straight..

Aldo lost the 4th round to Hominick? A 4th round where he dropped Hominick with a straight then proceeded to elbow Hominick in the head causing Hominick to grow a second head?

Your analysis on fights is on another level man :icon_chee

you are 100% correct TS, McGregor hasn't beaten 1 title contender, it's going to be great seeing Aldo wreck him without breaking a sweat.

142-Aldo-Medes-4.gif

Aldo has actually faced wrestlers and won

Is it weird that my twisted imagination replaced Mendes in that gif with the Lucky Charm because I like foreshadowing?

The reality is this is a difficult fight to call and it could go either way. Anyone claiming with any sense of certainty that either fighter is going to destroy the other is a deluded nuthugger.

Mendez who hits like a girl made his face swollen and bloody.
Aldo also failed to finish Ricardo Lamas, who is a journeyman, like Dustin Poirier was (before mcGoat kicked him out of the division).

Back