I'm one province over and can't even get Fight Night on tv tonight.

Defeat Unknown

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I'm in Alberta. UFC is in Saskatchewan for the first time ever and I can't even watch it on the basic cable package. It's on TSN4/5. I'm not a sports fan so I don't buy that package.

Canada's UFC coverage is pathetic. I notice everytime it's on TV, it's on a different channel. Very few of that I actually get. Didn't even know TSN had 5 different channels.

Personally, I blame Celine Dion.

So true. I guess that forces us to look for "alternatives" :wink:

Since TSN took over from SN360 the coverage has been beyond awful. You need all the fucking TSN channels + the fight network and even then there were like 2 or 3 cards that werent aired at all here unless you have tva sports (french). Screw tsn big time.

The UFC-TSN deal was awful, and based on the fact that TSN has NO issue pre-empting UFC events or putting them on their premium channel (TSN2), that's how you know TSN doesn't give two shits about MMA, and are just using the UFC to boost their TSN2 numbers.

The fact that UFC didn't see this coming and didn't demand that UFC events air on TSN1 makes the UFC look just as clueless about this deal as they were about the Reebok deal.

I watch on Fightpass through VPN. It's not a bad solution.

I'm in Alberta. UFC is in Saskatchewan for the first time ever and I can't even watch it on the basic cable package. It's on TSN4/5. I'm not a sports fan so I don't buy that package.

Canada's UFC coverage is pathetic. I notice everytime it's on TV, it's on a different channel. Very few of that I actually get. Didn't even know TSN had 5 different channels.

Can you get Bellator where you are?

Well maybe by the time the card starts the UFC will have surpassed soccer globally and it will be available to you.

That's what happens when you treat the so called "mecca of mma" with shitty event after shitty event. The ufc abandoned Canada, so Canada abandoned the ufc. Only seems fair.

Can you get Bellator where you are?

I can. I don't have Spike but that's because I've downgraded my service. I've had it before. Spike I can get. Looking through Shaw packages, I don't even see how to get TSN4/5. I only see TSN2.

I do have all the packages so can get tonights fights...on two different channels and only in low def:icon_cry2 but at least its possible.

But even with all these packages, there have been free events in the last 6 months that were impossible to watch.

I was excited when TSN took over at first as SN was lacking at times....but unfortunately, they have been a bust.

I have a Channel with everything :)

I can't watch it because I can't afford to spend over $100 for cable. Times are tough

I have a Channel with everything :)

Damn I looked again and there is a high def tsn 4 and 5....but hidden in an area I never look.

For other Shaw customers its like channel 98 or so.

The other TSN's are in that area as well but the main ones are usually scrolled through in the mid 200's....why they would split these away from the main channels is beyond me......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back