• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I'm not proud of it but I'm hoping Diaz destroys Bendo because of the BS decision.

Obvious Edgar hater.

I don't hate Edgar. He really doesn't register much on my radar to care enough to hate him. His championship run was close call after close call so him not getting a controversial decision doesn't bother me at all.

I'm cheering for him against Aldo.

Not a Bendo fan, In fact I hate it when guys thank god after wins. So dumb. I am interested in seeing him and Pettis for the UFC title though.

But Frankie crap about "I thought I did enough to win" after all his fights is just weak. He is not trying to finish he is trying to win on points. And we all know judging is suspect in UFC. So sooner or later it is not going to go your way. He won the title on a bad decision. And he lost the rematch the same way. Kinda karmic imo. I got no sympathy for someone who tries to "do enough to win" rather then win the fight. This is why people like Wand, Chuck, BJ, Shogun, Fedor have crazy rabid fans. They may not have the best records but they always go out and live by the sword or go out on their shield.

Go bang your head against a wall, i'ts more productive than whining about the guy who KO'd Maynard and tried to pop Bendo's head off "fighting for points"

Shogun fans are the worst.

Edgar landed 3 more strikes than Bendo. Calm down. I had 2 rounds each with the 4th being dead even. It was a very close fight, but not a robbery.

Not a Bendo fan, In fact I hate it when guys thank god after wins. So dumb. I am interested in seeing him and Pettis for the UFC title though.

But Frankie crap about "I thought I did enough to win" after all his fights is just weak. He is not trying to finish he is trying to win on points. And we all know judging is suspect in UFC. So sooner or later it is not going to go your way. He won the title on a bad decision. And he lost the rematch the same way. Kinda karmic imo. I got no sympathy for someone who tries to "do enough to win" rather then win the fight. This is why people like Wand, Chuck, BJ, Shogun, Fedor have crazy rabid fans. They may not have the best records but they always go out and live by the sword or go out on their shield.

You have no respect for a guy who has imo one of the biggest hearts in mma...mmkay

Yeah, Frankie won the rematch, clearly. BUT this is coming from one of his biggest fans around here, he should've finished that final round more aggressively. He, like all of us felt he had the win in the bag and tried to ride out the clock.

Fuck taunting, cheer for diaz

Nothing wrong with taunting when your Anderson Silva dropping your hands cause your shredding a guy on the feet. That's what the Diaz brothers do, they usually taunt when they are winning the stand up battle. Bendo was in no way dominating that fight to the point where he deserved to do that. It just seems when Nate does it it's because he's getting into the fight, when Bendo does it it's just arrogance

Go bang your head against a wall, i'ts more productive than whining about the guy who KO'd Maynard and tried to pop Bendo's head off "fighting for points"

Shogun fans are the worst.

LoL, someone is butthurt. Nice rebuttal attacking my avatar. Just shows you got nothing to stand on.

Are you mad that BJ is still LHW goat even though edgar has 2 wins over him? Seems so. You should be happy he has been gifted 2 title shots for losing now. Couture must have showed him the blackmail he has on dana.

You have no respect for a guy who has imo one of the biggest hearts in mma...mmkay

Never said anything about respect. I have a ton of respect for edgar, I just hate his fighting style and I feel that style is becoming more and more popular way to get what I consider cheap wins. And frankly it is killing the sport for me. When he and GSP where both champ I skipped a ton of PPVs that year and honestly my interest has dropped off after that. Only this coming fight with shogun, bj, diaz has got me interested enough to start paying attention again.

The frankie fight will be debated for at least another 10 years :)

I too felt he nudged it but barely 2nd time round.... but I also understand hey u wanna beat the champ... u gotta REALLY beat the champ land something significant or do some real damage.

I can pretty confidently say that if/when Diaz wins he'll have done some real damage. Lol.

LoL, someone is butthurt. Nice rebuttal attacking my avatar. Just shows you got nothing to stand on.

Are you mad that BJ is still LHW goat even though edgar has 2 wins over him? Seems so. You should be happy he has been gifted 2 title shots for losing now. Couture must have showed him the blackmail he has on dana.

BJ as lhw GOAT? Tf? o_O

I'm not attacking your AV, i'm just telling you that having "Rabid fans" is fucking annoying.

Couture and Edgar at least defended a title, instead of tapping to strikes when the going got rough.

BJ as lhw GOAT? Tf? o_O

Compared to who? Edgar's string of near wins, draws, questionable decisions?

BJ was finishing people that had never been finished over and over. He was a destroyer. He came to fight, not to "do enough to win".

Never said anything about respect. I have a ton of respect for edgar, I just hate his fighting style and I feel that style is becoming more and more popular way to get what I consider cheap wins. And frankly it is killing the sport for me. When he and GSP where both champ I skipped a ton of PPVs that year and honestly my interest has dropped off after that. Only this coming fight with shogun, bj, diaz has got me interested enough to start paying attention again.

I for one prefer descions.

Rua/Hendo
Bonnar/Griffin I
Edgar/Maynard II
Sanchez/Guida
Hendo/Rampage
Griffin/Rampage
Chuck/Wand
Rua/Machida I

I want Diaz to win because I think it would be more interesting for the division, and we'd get to see how a Diaz brother handles the spotlight (though, to be fair, I think Nate is the more levelheaded brother).

BJ was finishing people that had never been finished over and over. He was a destroyer. He came to fight, not to "do enough to win".

Wow, this is hilarious.

Dawson.gif

Bendo-Frankie I was a clear-cut win for Benson. A charitable judge could have given Edgar one round of that fight.

Bendo-Frankie II was far closer, and could be debated all goddamn night. The judges sided with Benson, and Edgar threw his hat as if he'd dominated the fight (which he did not), and gotten screwed.

Hating on somebody for winning a close decision just shows how much of a fanboy you are for the losing party, and talking about the Edgar-Bendo II decision as if it were an obvious robbery on the order of Bebee-Easton, or Hamill-Bisping just makes you sound like an idiot.

Compared to....oh....idk...Jon Jones? Shogun Rua? Wand? Chuck? Pick your poison bro.

I'm not attacking your AV, i'm just telling you that having "Rabid fans" is fucking annoying.

Couture and Edgar at least defended a title, instead of tapping to strikes when the going got rough.

Lol, yeah way to contradict yourself.

Going got touch about 15 mins before. Very few people would have lasted that long. It happens. Not like it is a secret shoguns prime is over. Nothing edger has done in his career is even close to what shogun did in one day in pride. I don't recall frankie ever being p4p number 1. His best win is beating BJ in a bad decision and by points.

Compared to....oh....idk...Jon Jones? Shogun Rua? Wand? Chuck? Pick your poison bro.

I added an H in my haste, I am pretty sure you can figure out what I meant. Or maybe not based on your posts.

Back