Im not convinced that Mcgregor is above average much less the best LW ever.

he is in the "wrong" division because the weight cut is easier.

More desperate straw grasping by the Conor brigade.

This is complete nonsense. Conor is a good sized LW. He barely made 145 in his 20s - there is no way in hell he could make it now.

Unpopular opinion right now, but I still think McGregor is a top 5 LW. He just got crushed by poirier, but Dustin is widely considered the uncrowned champ. Unfortunately though, we'll probably never see mcgregor back after that leg break, at least not in peak condition.

Who does he beat?

Nobody is calling Conor the best lw ever? Lol.

He's had one win at LW.

Who the hell has ever called McGregor the best LW ever???? He's 1-3 at LW.

My view is that Conner fell victim to his own ambitions. He could have been an all time great if he'd ever been able to focus on being the FW or LW champ instead of always chasing the next opportunity.

He was never that good. His best win was a fluke 10 second flash KO where he got hit as well and it could have easily ended with his lights getting turned out instead. There’s a reason why they never gave Aldo a rematch, they knew that wouldn’t have been the result a second time.

He doesn't even have a winning record at LW.

Hes not even a top 15 LW of all time

I would appreciate if TS explained why water isn't dry next.

I hope they give him a lower top ten guy next so everyone can see he's not a top guy anymore.

Conor is clearly above average as far as LWs go (at least all time, not now). He's nowhere near the best LW of all time or the best of all time in any sense.

Been watching a shit of old UFC fights.

I just don’t think he’s that good imo. I respect his win over aldo and I think he has his number but I feel like Alvarez is a Can and I don’t like how he never defended his belt

"I respect the fact he KO'd the GOAT in his weight class, but, it doesn't count because he had Aldo's magical number."

My God, where the fuck do you people come from?

I don't really put much stock into his champ champ status. He didn't have to work his way up the ranks as much as other guys. I can only imagine how many champ champs that would have come before and after him if every fighter was given the same treatment.

This is the second “I’m not sure conors the GOAT thread”. Where the fuck are ppl getting the idea that anyone things he’s the GOAT?

Conor is clearly above average as far as LWs go (at least all time, not now). He's nowhere near the best LW of all time or the best of all time in any sense.

Based off what? His body of work suggests otherwise

Hard to say because there's a clear distinction betw hungry broke Pee Wee Herman outfit Conor vs. filthy rich not hungry post-Mayweather Conor.

Hard to say because there's a clear distinction betw hungry broke Pee Wee Herman outfit Conor vs. filthy rich not hungry post-Mayweather Conor.

that’s an excuse.

What's an excuse? Clearly motivation matters. Preparation matters.

he has major flaws as a fighter.

his lack of conditioning

his lack of grappling skills.

and he’s apparently chinny af. ( he got rocked af in both Dustin fights at LW, by Nate Diaz and even by fucking khabib)

Let’s say Conor never gets mega rich he still gets grinded to dust by a lot of LW’s.

that’s not an all time great fighter .

Based off what? His body of work suggests otherwise
he was the champ, that indicates he WAS very good as far as LWs go, at least at one point. Still, he's not top 5 now and I think I'd have him losing to most of the top 10 now. Whatever he was kind of hard to discern, but the victory over Alvarez is impressive and knocking out Aldo is nothing to sneeze at.

Back