I'm not a big boxing fan, even less of a Floyd fan...

A more apt analogy would be a cricket hurler saying he'd beat Barry Bonds, or a Rugby Player saying he'd school Ray Lewis.

I agree...however I read some where that Floyd was a state champion high school wrestler...that little bit of TDD is maybe all he would need...maybe...

in a 1 v 1 no rules fight floyd loses to just about any mma fighter

A more apt analogy would be a cricket hurler saying he'd beat Barry Bonds, or a Rugby Player saying he'd school Ray Lewis.

Similar sports, different skill sets needed tho.Btw Whats a cricket hurler?don't you mean bowler?

Id like to see barry bonds try to hit a six off of Starc or Johnson or let alone a spin bowler.

It comes from a time when people would claim boxers could beat mma fighter in a real fight. As long as we can all agree boxers are inferior fighters, then there is no point in calling them out.

Not quite the same thing with Soccer or Tennis, I dont see guy in those sports boxing or fighting. MMA has the component of boxing and a combat sport so naturally there is that comparison.

BTW, Floyd was the one that started talking smack about mma fighters circa Sherk being LW champ at the time

Mayweather does a lot to support MMA these days. MMA Fighters come into his gym all the time and some are even starting to get signed by Haymon. His son wants to get involved with the sport and he's supportive. He even gave Machida props when he was champ even tho he isn't even much of a boxer

It's because Mayweather has fame and fortune, something they wish they had. They may become famous but it's unlikely they will make his money ever.

I agree...however I read some where that Floyd was a state champion high school wrestler...that little bit of TDD is maybe all he would need...maybe...

If you're starting all over again at age 5...what disciplines would you start with? Boxing, BJJ, Wrestling, Muay Thai? Which one would you focus most on/least on?

Principle of specificity rules in every sport and elite grappling triumph elite boxing, so Floyd loses to even an average MMA fighter and most definitely to Ronda

I doubt Floyd was a state wrestling champ, he dropped out of high school to box and won his 1st golden glove title at 16.

Give Floyd a few years mma practice and he wrecks most of the 145lb division. Pacquiao, cotto, golovkin... They would all wreck mma's elite if they took the time to make the transition.

There is literally no reason to believe any of that. The people who've proven they can kick ass in a cage are the people who've done it. You're just talking shit.

No they wouldn't. Not the ones that are his size anyway. Mixed martial artists would though.

Who cares about size. It's about meatheads saying "yeah, well I'd kick his ass". Well ya a lot of meatheads could probably do it in a street fight (there are no weigh ins in a street fight).

If mma fighters are talking about a sanctioned mma fight, well then it might as well be a tennis player saying they'd beat him at tennis. Floyd is a boxer, whoever thinks they can beat him at that they should go and try, or shut up.

Who cares about size. It's about meatheads saying "yeah, well I'd kick his ass". Well ya a lot of meatheads could probably do it in a street fight (there are no weigh ins in a street fight).

If mma fighters are talking about a sanctioned mma fight, well then it might as well be a tennis player saying they'd beat him at tennis. Floyd is a boxer, whoever thinks they can beat him at that they should go and try, or shut up.

Nah, being able to kick a guy's ass in a fight is a whole other thing than being able to best him in his chosen sport.

Nah, being able to kick a guy's ass in a fight is a whole other thing than being able to best him in his chosen sport.

Ok, and like I said if it's just about "I'd kick his ass" then I'm sure most big athletic men with some fighting instinct could pull it off.

If we're talking about making weight, and having a sanctioned mma fight, then it becomes about besting him in a chosen sport that is not his own.

Ok, and like I said if it's just about "I'd kick his ass" then I'm sure most big athletic men with some fighting instinct could pull it off.

If we're talking about making weight, and having a sanctioned mma fight, then it becomes about besting him in a chosen sport that is not his own.

True, but there's no pride in saying you could kick a guy half your size's ass, so there's no reason to say it.

wow so many BUTT HURT BITTER mma worshippers jealous of Floyds wealth..

just wow..

'but but, they can beat Floyd in an mma match though waaa waaaaa'

jesus mma fans stick to your bum league while makes more than your whole roster

True, but there's no pride in saying you could kick a guy half your size's ass, so there's no reason to say it.

But you believe there is pride in saying "I have a black belt in BJJ, and I could use it to grapplefuck or submit this guy who's never trained BJJ in his life"?

There is literally no reason to believe any of that. The people who've proven they can kick ass in a cage are the people who've done it. You're just talking shit.

There are dozens of examples of mma fighters taking up the sport and winning big fights within afew years... What makes them so special?

BJ Penn was a BJJ champion in a little over a year... Pull your head in noob. Mma fighters aren't some special breed of human. Decent boxing combined with decent wrestling wins titles.

The very best boxers in the world are so far ahead of the game it isn't funny. Develop some grappling and they crush their competition.

Your disrespect for boxing is absurd. Stop drinking the Zuffa koolaid. They've bashed boxing for years but as a base its second only to wrestling. Grappling isn't some mythical art that only the special few can learn.

Fact is the best boxers on the planet are fighting at a level far above any mma fighter. They have climbed above a far deeper talent pool and displayed far superior skill. I'm a much bigger MMA fan but I'm under no illusions that these guys wouldn't wreck the competition if they took the time to transition.

You have no place watching fight sports with your moronic delusions.

But you believe there is pride in saying "I have a black belt in BJJ, and I could use it to grapplefuck or submit this guy who's never trained BJJ in his life"?

Sure!

Back