I'm not a big boxing fan, even less of a Floyd fan...

There are dozens of examples of mma fighters taking up the sport and winning big fights within afew years... What makes them so special?

BJ Penn was a BJJ champion in a little over a year... Pull your head in noob. Mma fighters aren't some special breed of human. Decent boxing combined with decent wrestling wins titles.

The very best boxers in the world are so far ahead of the game it isn't funny. Develop some grappling and they crush their competition.

Your disrespect for boxing is absurd. Stop drinking the Zuffa koolaid. They've bashed boxing for years but as a base its second only to wrestling. Grappling isn't some mythical art that only the special few can learn.

Fact is the best boxers on the planet are fighting at a level far above any mma fighter. They have climbed above a far deeper talent pool and displayed far superior skill. I'm a much bigger MMA fan but I'm under no illusions that these guys wouldn't wreck the competition if they took the time to transition.

You have no place watching fight sports with your moronic delusions.

Haha you are so mad. There really is no reason to believe any boxer will naturally adapt to MMA though. Many combat sports champions have tried unsuccessfully to transition to MMA; being good at one skill set doesn't automatically give you an aptitude for the rest. The only people known to have an aptitude for MMA are the ones who've proven it inside the cage. There's no reason to think Floyd would have any aptitude for countering clinches and wrestling, or even coping with kicks, knees and elbows.

Back