Im in Iraq........i need healthy food shipped here.

when i do get a chance to go to a chow hall, steaks and all other meats are boiled to death. I never knew a "t-bone" could flake like a piece of fish.

We do get 4 meals a day.....and most of it is greasy crap. The salad bar is all once frozen lettuce. Nothing is fresh.....the only time i go into town is at night. The only hookup i have so far is eggs. Which ive exaustd as well.

I pretty much live off of protein powder and lunch to go tunas.

The only thing i get out of the chow hall is grapefuit juice, pita bread and the occasional cobbler on cheat days.

Ive placed 3 orders with shopping places and have gotten different stories with each one. One place was a vegan speciality store and i think they were just anti war....

The other said no FPO/APs cause they get too many complatints

and the 3rd said no internation shipping what so ever.........sigh.

This thread isnt about me complaining about not gettting fed, i just want to be eating clean.

I was on the alkaline diet for almost a year and a half before coming out here....

The mail is awesome here thats why id just as soon get food to eat sent out here.

So what do you guys suggest?

Types of food and places to get it are my main concern....

all non perishable items.

thanks

When I was there we had nothing but crap in the chow hall. I lived off nothing but MRE's protein and creatine. I was in the middle of no where so it's probably different wherever you are but you should get in good with the cooks and score some steaks. A couple of the days out of the week I either get steak or tuna.

Don't buy food out in town. They fertilize their "crop" that they feed their "live stock" with human feces. You'll just get sick and be pissin out your ass.

Get anything canned sent to you and shit thats in sealed bags and you should be good. I wasn't anywhere near a major base and our mail wasn't that bad. It actually was quicker than the mail you would have sent to your unit address in the states.

Good luck man... if you need any help lemme know.

Back