I'm in a feud with my neighbor over my cat. What should I do?

Either murder the cat yourself or train the cat to murder whoever is causing the problem, didn’t read OP and replies but I am sure this covers all possible outcomes and considers all relevant factors.

I've been letting my cat out still, not sure what he does out there but I haven't heard anything from my neighbour.

If he ever dares to come back I'll touch him with the jab a few times and make him stumble with the right cross, which I would compare to Deontay WIlder's, except mine is a bit more technical.

I'm still laughing at all you fools thinking cats should be kept inside or I'm somehow in the wrong here. Fuck sakes when did Sherdog get infiltrated by so many nancy boys?

The dude with the cat callling people nancy boys? lol Ok.

You are definitely in the wrong on this.
If you want an 'outdoor' cat then you need to be living in an 'outdoor' area.
If you live in an apartment complex, or some suburb, then you're living in a community, and no one else has any obligation to understand and accept your animal shitting on their property.
Why the hell should anyone accept stepping on or having to remove your cat's shit from their yard?

<{Heymansnicker}>
Neighbor dude had you shook and you Bitched out LOL
<SelenaWow>
What a Pussy!
<Oku02>

2/10 troll attempt dude, be more better.

We all know neighbour saw the outline of my V-cut abs through my tight shirt and dick tucked.

My cat is probably over at his house fucking his wife right now, he's scared to say boo

2/10 troll attempt dude, be more better.

We all know neighbour saw the outline of my V-cut abs through my tight shirt and dick tucked.

My cat is probably over at his house fucking his wife right now, he's scared to say boo

Scary Bitch, owns a cat, wears tight clothes, and likes to stick his fingers in his ass!!!!

Go prove it. Prove that conversation exist and prove that the subsequent use of pesticides by that neighbor was intentionally used to harm the cat that you, as an owner, even after the talk you mentioned, still allowed him to roam in the neighbor's yard.

Also, you still haven't responded. Is your goal the safety of your cat or winning a legal battle with a neighbor after the cat's hurt? You keep focusing on what you'd do to the neighbor after the cat's fucked. What an awesome and caring pet owner you are. You'd rather take your neighbor to court than to take measures to protect your cat and not allow it to go into other people's yards to wreck shit up.

You're reading comprehension needs work. Never said owner shouldn't do what he needs to keep his cat safe. Again , I was arguing that if owner got caught harming the animal they COULD face jail time or a big fine.

That's IF he they get caught. You're assuming that they wouldn't no matter what. Are you following?

Legality isn't always synonymous with right/wrong. There are some pretty fucked up things that are legal.

Again, I think his neighbor could've approached him like a gentleman, but OP's cat is f'ing with the neighbor's property.

True, but we can't play both sides of the coin. A feral animal can be captured, eaten, driven 100 miles away and released. That'd be fucked up to do with someone's pet.

Yeah, but here in the UK sentiment is beyond what the law specifies. In 1824 we founded the world's first animal welfare charity. Around the same time slavery was ended.

Cats are indeed protected playing both sides of the coin as you put it. They are protected as property and their inability to be trained is enshrined in law.

I have an outdoor cat, I let him out to do his cat things and he comes to the back door when he wants to come in and eat or sleep. I always had outdoor cats since I was a kid, now I'm in my mid 30s.

Anyway yesterday a guy a couple doors down (I have no relationship with this person other than saying "hi" on the off chance I see him) rang my doorbell and launched into this big rant about how my cat goes in his front yard and (he believes) shits in his flower bed. I'm trying not to laugh and just kinda being half apologetic and saying "are you sure it's my cat", etc.

THEN he says "I'm going to start setting traps on my lawn and if your cat is going in my flower bed I'm going to catch him and bring him to animal control". Upon hearing that I got angry and the conversation went south and ended with me insisting he get off my property and not come back.

So what do I do? The cat has been going outside for 6 years, he's used to it, so I can't just start barring him in. But if he does go out, it's not like I can control where he goes or what he does. He's a cat, cat's are going to do cat things and if that involves shitting in flower beds, to me that's small stuff because they bury their shit anyhow. It's not like it's a dog leaving huge stinky logs on this dude's property.

But we left off on a pretty heated note and if this dude hurts or traps my cat I think this situation is going to end poorly. What would you do in my shoes?

Try creating a designated place for your cat to use the bathroom so he stops using the neighbor's yard. Maybe an outdoor litter box?

Does it work both ways? The cat shit in his yard. Can the neighbor go shit in OP's yard?

Boom! Owned.
Oh wow you really got me there. A human being shitting in someone's yard. There arent any laws or anything against that right? Lol

Try creating a designated place for your cat to use the bathroom so he stops using the neighbor's yard. Maybe an outdoor litter box?
Finally an adult suggestion. So many childish responses.

Go prove it. Prove that conversation exist and prove that the subsequent use of pesticides (or anything that indirectly harmed but wasn't obviously meant to harm the animal) by that neighbor was intentionally used to harm the cat that you, as an owner, even after the talk you mentioned, still allowed him to roam in the neighbor's yard.

Is your goal the safety of your cat or winning a legal battle with a neighbor after the cat's hurt? You keep focusing on what you'd do to the neighbor after the cat's fucked. What an awesome and caring pet owner you are. You'd rather take your neighbor to court than to take measures to protect your cat and not allow it to go into other people's yards to wreck shit up.
That's why if someone makes threats you make a police report.

You're reading comprehension needs work. Never said owner shouldn't do what he needs to keep his cat safe. Again , I was arguing that if owner got caught harming the animal they COULD face jail time or a big fine.

That's IF he they get caught. You're assuming that they wouldn't no matter what. Are you following?
You're assuming if they got caught, I'm countering that by stating the most likely scenario is he wouldn't get caught all this time and you still haven't understood? Damn...

You're assuming if they got caught, I'm countering that by stating the most likely scenario is he wouldn't get caught all this time and you still haven't understood? Damn...

But why risk it at all and not call animal control so you don't leave yourself open at all... Come on guy, smarten up.

Oh wow you really got me there. A human being shitting in someone's yard. There arent any laws or anything against that right? Lol
images

The dude with the cat callling people nancy boys? lol Ok.

You are definitely in the wrong on this.
If you want an 'outdoor' cat then you need to be living in an 'outdoor' area.
If you live in an apartment complex, or some suburb, then you're living in a community, and no one else has any obligation to understand and accept your animal shitting on their property.
Why the hell should anyone accept stepping on or having to remove your cat's shit from their yard?

nancy boy cat owners just don't get this. Outside cats disappear all the time.....all.....the......time around here. No way you could ever prove the neighbor did anything unless you see him doing it. If OP cat disappears now, what's he gonna do , go talk to the cops and say the neigbor killed his cat? LOL. Cops will laugh you out of the room.
You gonna go beat your neighbor up b/c you think he killed your cat? Enjoy jail time, potentially getting sued, and having a criminal record.

If fact OP should be thankful the neighbor even gave you the courtesy of asking you about it. That being said I do sometimes have neighbor cats in my backyard and sometimes me and my kids feed them ham and milk which they seem to enjoy . I personally woudln't hurt them, but I don't give a shit about my yard much and I don't have flower beds full of cat doo doo.

nancy boy cat owners just don't get this. Outside cats disappear all the time.....all.....the......time around here. No way you could ever prove the neighbor did anything unless you see him doing it. If OP cat disappears now, what's he gonna do , go talk to the cops and say the neigbor killed his cat? LOL. Cops will laugh you out of the room.
You gonna go beat your neighbor up b/c you think he killed your cat? Enjoy jail time, potentially getting sued, and having a criminal record.

If fact OP should be thankful the neighbor even gave you the courtesy of asking you about it. That being said I do sometimes have neighbor cats in my backyard and sometimes me and my kids feed them ham and milk which they seem to enjoy . I personally woudln't hurt them, but I don't give a shit about my yard much and I don't have flower beds full of cat doo doo.
Yeah, it's just stupid and irresponsible on many levels, and the end result is the cat is going to suffer the consequences. There is no winning for the cat owner on this. Eventually, something is going to happen.

If you actually give a shit about your cat, you wouldn't let it be an "outdoor" cat, when you don't live in an outdoor area. There's more car traffic, human traffic, dogs, and other dangers to your cat when you live in a community and are letting the cat out.

Rather than keeping a cat indoors all the time, is it possible to toilet train an adult cat?

Back