I'm hoping "aggressive Tyron" is born on Saturday night

The Legendary Scarface

Record since UFC 266 : 51-34
@Black
Reaction score
Would be cool to see an aggressive, pressuring Woodley for a change. I could've sworn i watched an interview or read some post of his saying he's switched his style up and will start leading the dance from now on. That would be awesome, aggressive Woodley sounds like a dangerous fighter.

Discuss..

He’s shook. Usman took the last bit of aggression out of Woodley.

I hope to be proven wrong

What or who is he shook of exactly?
I get that Usman dominated him but I don't understand where your conclusion of Woodley being scared is coming from?

That fight was completely shocking. Tyrone literally didn’t fight. Didn’t do anything. I was expecting a classic in that fight.

Hopefully. Fighters quickly revert to what they know works best whenever facing adversity. So even though Woodley plans on being aggressive from the start, I hope he stays consistent with that plan throughout a 25 minute fight. One good punch, kick, takedown etc. could obviously discourage any further attempt. Plus lets not forget Woodley isn‘t the smallest of WW‘s. It takes energy and cardio to push a certain pace. Woodleys older style was a bit of a 50/50 - it allowed him to keep energy and power in the later rounds, but made everything in between a coin toss (Wonderboy fights are a perfect example). I still believe Woodley is one of the best WW‘s competing, but there is no denying people are starting to figure him out so in a way he has no choice but to change his style and meet opponents with aggression.

The former welterweight champ is taking on Gilbert Burns at UFC Fight Night ... and says he's in a very "violent headspace."

"I'm willing to do some sh**ty stuff to people, put them in compromising positions, hurt them -- like literally hurt them."

Tyron says he considers his fight with Burns to be a "real war" -- one that Gilbert will wish he never asked for in the first place.

I'm on the Violent Headspace Woodley hype train this week. Let's hope...

He has a tough time pushing the pace because of his cardio

He has a similar strategy as Yoel where he coasts for a while then explodes, but sometimes he can never find that opening... idk he should be able to beat Burns unless he's too old

Tyron is no slouch but he tends to give up when he has no answer as seen in half of his loses (Rory, Usman).

Hopefully he returns to the form he was in when he beat Till. Still a beast.

JealousSkeletalCockatoo-size_restricted.gif

tyron-woodley-ufc-167-drop.gif

SizzlingSerpentineCockroach-size_restricted.gif

He has a tough time pushing the pace because of his cardio

He has a similar strategy as Yoel where he coasts for a while then explodes, but sometimes he can never find that opening... idk he should be able to beat Burns unless he's too old
Can you imagine if he was an aggressive fighter? Dude would be terrifying.

That fight was completely shocking. Tyrone literally didn’t fight. Didn’t do anything. I was expecting a classic in that fight.
Woodley got humiliated in that “fight”. It was so one-sided. I felt bad for Woodley.

It’s do or die for T Wood
If he wets the bed this fight his MMA career is done.

I cant see him being timid against Burns. Burns will wanna bang bro.

It'll be FKL vs. Tony Ferguson if he goes too hard and doesn't get a finish quick.

Violent Tyrone head hunts, gasses and gets subbed in the third.

He's going to be telling you how great his TD defense was after the fight.

I had a convo with him at this barbershop a few months ago and he went on and on about how “unhittable he’s is in sparring, and how he’s the best defensive boxer in mma” He’s a nice guy (at least in my interactions with him) but I’m not to sure how prepared he would be for someone really putting heavy offensive pressure on him. It all came off extremely gun shy to me. Hope I’m wrong because I do like him as a fighter he has all the tools to be on top again just needs to know when to bite down on his mouthpiece and believe in his hands a bit more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back