I'm gonna puke....

Welcome. Don't quit, stick with it. I'd say it gets easier but that would be a lie, as you get better the experienced people push you more. But if it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

I love when you walk off the mat all woozy and jump into your car and start flying down the highway. That is my favorite part.

Haha, so true. A lot of times after training I feel like I am so dizzy, it almost feels like I am drunk. Driving home is always an adventure. :D

I'm in Texas not Idaho :) Also waking up this morning I am more hungry than I have ever been, lol. I didnt have to sit out until the end of the sparring so I toughed it out. What gassed me the most was that I didn't control my breathing and kept holding it in.

The thing with breathing happened to me too in the beginning. It's really bad to hold it in when having a guy on top of you and you're trying to get out of sidecontrol or something.

I gassed so bad because of this, I was barely able to walk after rolling. I needed a few weeks to solve this breathing problem. Just always remind yourself to breath, as stupid as it sounds.:D

Are kneepads very important? How so? Almost nobody I train with uses them.

A lot of people I train with use them. Before I started using them, I got tons of mat burn all over my knees.

Pssh you guys! the first 2 and a half hour wrestling practice is waaay worse! And I've done both!

Isn't that like sucide (cholesterol?)

Eggs are actually extremely healthy for you, and is literally the benchmark for protein absorption. As far as dietary cholesterol is concerned, the effects are extremely overstated. Plasma cholesterol is elevated by shitty fats in your diet.

Dietary cholesterol does influence the level of plasma cholesterol, although its effect is much less than that of the amount and the nature of dietary fatty acids. The relationship between cholesterol and the concentration of plasma cholesterol is not linear. For every additional 100mg of cholesterol consumed up to a total intake of 500mg per day, there is a 2-3% increase in the concentration of plasma cholesterol. In contrast further increases in cholesterol intake beyond 500mg per day have little additional effect on the plasma level (Hopkins AJCN 1992; 55: 1060-70).

Go eat eggs! They kick ass!

I love when you walk off the mat all woozy and jump into your car and start flying down the highway. That is my favorite part.

ROFL last night I flew off with the top down in my s2000. Was thinking how awesome the drive was and how great I felt.

Also about the eggs (lol):

Go find the biggest eggs you can from trader joes. Hard boil 3 of them in the morning. Peel off the whites and throw away the yolk (Humans are not supposed to eat the yolk its not good for you!).

Eat a late lunch and eat something easily digestible after class for dinner. Rice pudding, yogurt, and blue berries is my usual dinner

Pssh you guys! the first 2 and a half hour wrestling practice is waaay worse! And I've done both!

dude, me too...

but I'm older now, and in alot worse shape, so bjj class kicks my ass worse than wrestling. basically what I'm saying is this:

Agree but most BJJ practitioners are older and usually do as it a hobby, not a Sport.

and why do my fucking ABS hurt sooooo much. I can't even stand up straight. lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back