I'm gonna puke....

RangerDanger

White Belt
Reaction score
Holy crap nuts.... Just got done with my first BJJ class and I am exhausted. Mentally and physically. What an amazing workout. Can't wait to go back. I got my ass beat and now I just want to learn and get better.

i watched a new guy have to sit out halfway through the warmup last night... i remember that happening to me as well :icon_chee

it happens to everyone! I literally had to crawl off the mats on my hands and knees for the first 6 months...it was brutal LoL

Me too,

I puked for my first class....2 times.

You're gonna love it

good for you bro dont worry everybody get an ass whooping the first time, have fun and enjoy those classes

I love when you walk off the mat all woozy and jump into your car and start flying down the highway. That is my favorite part.

Do you, by chance, live in Idaho?

i watched a new guy have to sit out halfway through the warmup last night... i remember that happening to me as well :icon_chee

I never had to sit out during warm ups but live/positional training always had me needing to stop and rest a lot.

I get my ass kicked every time I get on the mat. I LOVE it. Reminds me how much work I have to go and what I aspire to be.

we had a kid come in for his first class this weekend and he puked at the end..... came out of the bathroom and said "i suppose i shouldn't have had that protein shake right before class"... most of us nodded in agreement and welcomed him to the gym :) somehow this also happened the same day.... one of my teammates mentions "i had 12 eggs for breakfast about an hour before class, i feel great" to which most of us looked at him with disgust and disbelief :) (12 egg guy is like 6'3 and 310lbs of beast, brock lesnar hands but not quite the same physique)

I'm in Texas not Idaho :) Also waking up this morning I am more hungry than I have ever been, lol. I didnt have to sit out until the end of the sparring so I toughed it out. What gassed me the most was that I didn't control my breathing and kept holding it in.

nothing like the torture of your first bjj class....get a mouthguard...very important..kneepads also..

I had to take a break the first time I sparred, and I went out to the toilet and just stood there for a while in case I couldn't keep my lunch down. Keep training!

nothing like the torture of your first bjj class....get a mouthguard...very important..kneepads also..
Are kneepads very important? How so? Almost nobody I train with uses them.

My instructor wears them, so that's where I got it from. I also got knee burn a few times before I got them. It's really comfortable moving around on my knees........I guess it's preference. I wouldn't roll without them.. If someone's trying to throw you and you land on your knees, it helps alot... etc...

BJJ is brutal on the body, any equipment to minimize the injuries can help...

I just figured how to control my breathing after 2 months of huffing and puffing. I still get my ass kicked.

Last edited:
Back