I'm dumb, explain to me...

Yes every striker is the same as every other striker

While they may be different fighters the fact remains that using a similar strategy to the one he used against Pettis will be RDA's best chance of success. I'm very excited to see what Conor's defensive wrestling will be like compared to the Mendes fight and whether he can stop RDA from pressuring him the way he pressured Pettis.

How is it different beating Conor than it is beating Pettis? Both are excellent strikers and you can argue that Pettis is a superior grappler and at least an on par striker. When Pettis is pressured from bell to bell and can't get off any shots, he loses like he did to Guida, RDA and Alvarez. Never saw his fight with Palaszewski so I can't comment on that one. I'm a fan of Conor so don't get it twisted but I'm just wondering how Conor wins the fight besides a Hail Mary clip to RDA's chin?

They both have different strengths and weaknesses. From what I have seen, Pettis kicks are much better than his hands. His hands are sort of like GSP for me. Good technique and range, but, not like boxer quality or great in the pocket. Conor imo is better in the pocket and his hands are much more powerful. I think Conor will not fail where Pettis did because his hands will allow him to maintain pressure or defense. I think RDA sort of chewed up pettis due to his lack of hands.

there are a ton of reasons why it's different. I'll give one of the biggest ones imo punching power

4.gif

conor-mcgregor-56.gif

AcrobaticVillainousAfricanharrierhawk.gif

FavorableClumsyIrishdraughthorse.gif

PalatablePastelGibbon.gif

FamousExcitableArieltoucan.gif

Conor has better timing and rarely moves back. Might change things up a little.

How is it different beating Conor than it is beating Pettis? Both are excellent strikers and you can argue that Pettis is a superior grappler and at least an on par striker. When Pettis is pressured from bell to bell and can't get off any shots, he loses like he did to Guida, RDA and Alvarez. Never saw his fight with Palaszewski so I can't comment on that one. I'm a fan of Conor so don't get it twisted but I'm just wondering how Conor wins the fight besides a Hail Mary clip to RDA's chin?
Conor will win due to superior striking, superior footwork and superor fight IQ. RDA's only chance is to pull out a decision victory IMO.

Stay dumb, my friend. No time to explain.

I think connor would murck pettis, that is the difference i think
I just got the feeling that pettis often can be outstronged and thrown around; that hasnt happen to connor yet except for when faber got him in the hallways one time.

It's a very difficult fight for Conor, so you're not getting anything mixed up. Conor is my favourite fighter right now but lets be real… His only elite wrestler he fought was Mendes and it was on two weeks [Which disadvantaged both fighters].

Now he is going to be versing guys 10-20lb heavier than Mendes with greater reach and a stronger top game. We haven't seen Conor against guys like Alvarez or RDA so there is every chance he gets wrestle fucked into oblivion.

MMA is all about styles, it may not be the best guy in your division who is your hardest match-up. Sonnen wasn't anywhere near the best opponent Anderson faced, but he was near enough his toughest match-up.

If Conor doesn't find the KO in the first I expect RDA to demolish him. While I still hope Conor finds a way, I think this is a case of burning too bright too fast. He could have stayed on top for a lot longer if he didn't take such a huge risk. hats off to him though, it's ballsy.

Back