I'm dumb, explain to me...

Sherwolf

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
How is it different beating Conor than it is beating Pettis? Both are excellent strikers and you can argue that Pettis is a superior grappler and at least an on par striker. When Pettis is pressured from bell to bell and can't get off any shots, he loses like he did to Guida, RDA and Alvarez. Never saw his fight with Palaszewski so I can't comment on that one. I'm a fan of Conor so don't get it twisted but I'm just wondering how Conor wins the fight besides a Hail Mary clip to RDA's chin?

charms.0.jpg

They are very different fighters. Just saying they are both strikers overlooks every variable in striking. They don't fight similarly at all.

because they are different fighters

The difference is what sets them apart as strikers.

Explain to me how different is beating Anderson than it is Shogun.

Just kidding. Anderson is a counter striker and doesn't use much leg kicks. Shogun uses a lot of leg kicks and moves forward. Anderson utilizes a lot of footwork, Shogun barely does. Anderson uses more spinning shit as well.

They aren't the same person.

How does Wand lose to Chuck? He beat Rampage who is as good a wrestler and striker...

Conor will overwhelm RDA early and finish him him with strikes.

It won't be as embarrassing as the Aldo destruction, but just as convincing.

Pettis has a kicking centric style, Conor is more of a pure striker.

Pettis likes to throw flashy highlight reel stuff from range

Connor can actually keep people at that range, and lands hard each time someone attempts to get through that range into their own

That's the difference in saying they're just both good strikers from range.

I like how nobody answered the question beyond "nuh uh, they're different". Lots of educated posters in this thread...

Pettis is tae kwon do stylie, requiring room for manoeuvre, McG punch's like a MACK truck inside and outside the pocket, a very different proposition.

Well at least you know you're dumb. Pettis and Conor are really even comparable. Conor's striking stile is a horrible matchup for RDA.

Pettis can't handle pressure - Conor is great on counters and is a pressure fighter himself
Pettis biggest arsenal in striking is his kicks while Conor got great kicks but much better boxing
Conors mental game is above them all.

Petis had a big hole exposed in his game by Guida yet very few people could take advantage of it. But it obviously is a problem.

Mendes exposed a hole in Conor's game but we don't know how big or if someone can take take advantage of it enough to win.

Conor will be fighting mostly 155 guys from here on out. The division certainly has the guys that could cause him the same problems if the holes are similar.

The Aldo fight should have given us some insight but it never got to that. The RDA fight should show whether or not it is a problem. Although even if RDA does it that doesn't mean others can. But it leaves the door open. If RDA can't do it then I don't see others having much success.

You're not dumb TS, there is no difference, quickly bet 50 large on RDA and post slips. JUST DO IT, YESTERDAY YOU SAID TOMORROW.

Back