I'm coming in hot.

He wants someone at HW that’s slow and old but a former champ with a name.

Why is Dana do adamant on booking Stipe's corpse against fat Jon Jones? What the fuck business sense does that make and what's the point of having an interim belt if the winner doesn't immediately fight the belt holder?

Dana is gonna fuck over toms prime with this stubborn foolishness.
Because jones is too scared to fight anyone else and UFC is running out of stars. Dana has to get what he can now.

In the old days interim champs defended their belt seperate. At some point the UFC abandoned that whole concept but it was a real thing.

I think he wants one last cash out on Jon before he moves forward with Aspinall as the future. Obviously Jon/Aspinall is the fight that everyone wants to see, but if Jon were to beat Aspinall and then retire, HW's kind of a mess afterwards. Gane and Aspinall could only be paper champs for the forseeable future, Pavlovich lost to Aspinall, and nobody cares about Blaydes or Almeida.

It's honestly a lot cleaner if Jon and Stipe fight and both retire afterwards. UFC could just promote Aspinall to undisputed champion without him even taking another fight. They've done it before with interim champs.

Jon realized and fixed the problem.
U9k9W4Y.jpg

Imagine if Saint Jon Jones got a fight in Riyadh. The whole of Saudi Arabia would convert to Christianity.

Jones wants Stipe, Stipe wants Jones, both are elder statesmen who have earned the right to call their last shots imo.

Stipe and DC were the premier UFC HWs during so much of Jones run. Of course he wants Stipe.

Did this really need separate thread #1,567,893,252?

Instead of thinking about the best thing Dana could or should do, folks should start thinking in terms of "least worst option".

In this case, Jones held out, and Dana signed him to fight after Ngannou left (I made no judgment on who 'ducked' who here). He earns a lot and gets paid a lot. He wins. Then, Jones calls for Stipe, and only Stipe.

Jones has proven he can negotiate hard. He is willing to walk. So now Dana has 2 choices; strip him and cut him or let him fight Stipe. Stripping and cutting is a bad look, and earns UFC $0. So, Jones v Stipe. QED.

Don't get me wrong. I wish Dana followed merit based policies around matchmaking more than money fights. But my feelings and wishes don't matter to Dana.

Last edited:
they need to allow peds so they can stop this crap with guys not being able to get fights and champs only running 1-2 fights a year. time is to short. give them ultimate steroids lets go. come on. hurry up. NOW

I'm guessing because, if Jones beats Stipe and retires, Dana and the UFC can claim they had the greatest fighter ever who was never really defeated. They can still milk a lot of money out of Jones even in retirement. They can talk shit about how Jones could have beaten Ngannou etc.

They probably see Jones as a more valuable asset even in retirement, and plus all the money Jones made the UFC in the past

Jones is already the greatest. Doesn't make sense to promote a retired guy over the guy who will be headlining future heavyweight ppvs. In this situation Dana typically loves feeding legends to the young lions, my guess is behind the scenes Jones absolutely refuses to fight anyone but Stipe so they are just milking him for one last big ppv.

Jones is already the greatest. Doesn't make sense to promote a retired guy over the guy who will be headlining future heavyweight ppvs. In this situation Dana typically loves feeding legends to the young lions, my guess is behind the scenes Jones absolutely refuses to fight anyone but Stipe so they are just milking him for one last big ppv.

I’m sure it sounds good and right to you but that’s not even close to the case.

Stipe is a bigger name than Tom. The best person Tom beat was Sergei. Stipe’s last best win was NGANNOU.

Stop acting like Tom deserves a bigger payday and career highlight than Stipe. Stipe is still the second best HW. Tom is worthy according to the UFC ranking machine but he’s not more worthy of a last fight than the ONLY man to beat Ngannou. (Who is the rightful number 1 HW in the UFC)

Last edited:
It's legacy fight they want to make. It will do well revenue wise, but the UFC wants this one in the record books that it happened.

UFC HW goat vs UFC LHW goat.

I’m sure it sounds good and right to you but that’s not even close to the case.

Stipe is a bigger name than Tom and the best person Tom beat is Sergei. Stipe’s last best win was NGANNOU.

Stop acting like Tom deserves a bigger payday and career highlight than Stipe. Stipe is still the second best HW.

Did you reply to the right post? You didnt actually say anything to dispute that Jones is refusing to fight Aspinall. And his own tweets confirm this.

I love how you brought up Pavlovich's name like he wasn't the top guy in the division on a 6 fight first round KO streak.

Stipe's last win was 4 years ago. The last time we saw him was 3 years ago getting put to sleep by Ngannou. He is 41 and his only win over a fighter on the current roster is Arlovski and that happened 8 years ago. He is quite literally not the second best heavyweight, he is ranked below Pavlovich and shouldn't be ranked at all due to inactivity.

Hot? Really? The OP is a frigid as an ice bath, lol.

Imagine the champion ducking a unification match to fight a 47 year old.

TS came in hot just like the title suggests.

Back