I'm coming in hot.

Istryker

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Why is Dana do adamant on booking Stipe's corpse against fat Jon Jones? What the fuck business sense does that make and what's the point of having an interim belt if the winner doesn't immediately fight the belt holder?

Dana is gonna fuck over toms prime with this stubborn foolishness.

I was gonna make a ton of references to pregnant women driving, HGH and picograms along with headbutting cop cars but it's too early in the morning and year to be negative

I'm guessing because, if Jones beats Stipe and retires, Dana and the UFC can claim they had the greatest fighter ever who was never really defeated. They can still milk a lot of money out of Jones even in retirement. They can talk shit about how Jones could have beaten Ngannou etc.

They probably see Jones as a more valuable asset even in retirement, and plus all the money Jones made the UFC in the past

Who truly knows how the pink goof thinks? This fucking idiot gets mad that people don't like power slap.

It’s really simple, the UFC sees Jones vs. Stipe as the most profitable option and they’re probably right. You cannot look at the current heavyweight roster and tell me anybody has more recognition than Stipe, it’s simply not true. That’s not to say he’s a mega star but certainly more recognizable than the rest of the options.

And you have to realize the UFC focuses on attracting a casual audience because they know the dedicated fans will watch either way. The casual audience doesn’t know or care about the context, they see names they recognize. And Jon Jones vs. former longtime Heavyweight Champion sounds appealing.

As for the interim title, it was a quick fix to bolster the MSG card when Jones/Miocic fell off the first time. Nothing more, nothing less.

What business sense does it make to have a fight a lot of people will tune in for?

Should read your question again TS.

In a world where people will always question the "paper champ" (anyone who doesn't beat the previous champ) a promoter has gotta prop up their own fighter to make people forget the fighter they no longer have, and try to make the most money they can doing it.

The people who make decisions don't care in the decisions are right in any sporting sense.

It will either cement Jon as the GOAT or Stipe will be the first to legitimately beat Jon.

Why is Dana do adamant on booking Stipe's corpse against fat Jon Jones? What the fuck business sense does that make and what's the point of having an interim belt if the winner doesn't immediately fight the belt holder?

I think it boils down to this:

Jones will only fight Stipe
Stipe will only fight Jones.

Even though we have a "Disputed Champion" and an interim champion of the UFC's own making.

Dana/UFC must accommodate Jones/Stipe or say goodbye to them and whatever money they might bring.

All the blather about legacy and what Jon and Stipe deserve was really negated when Dana/UFC made Aspinall an interim champion.

They are now out and out filthy whores.

I was gonna make a ton of references to pregnant women driving, HGH and picograms along with headbutting cop cars but it's too early in the morning and year to be negative
tumblr_p6fb85QcpW1ufact6o1_500.gif

It comes down to whether you want to have two headline heavyweight fights or one. Tom isn't going anywhere and there are essentially no prospects in the HW division worth much. Jones only has maybe a fight or two left, so why not have him finish off Stipe then try to sell aging JBJ vs Aspinall? Incidentally the UFC also has to consider what to do next if Jones beats Aspinall handily and still wants to retire.

Back