I'm blue

Waxwingslain said:
I just can't help feeling like a loser for never winning a tournament.

I could upload the video of me in competition. It should be on my camera - I haven't really had much of a chance to look at it yet.
don't base that on how many tournaments you won perhaps your lack of takedown knowledge is the reason you are loosing but takedowns are not bjj (although they are very important they don't make you better or worse at bjj) so if you have been training for 2.5 years which is a hell of a lot and can tap other white belts in your school in your instructors eyes you are good enough for the blue

if you don't feel like you are though train harder until you feel you deserve it ... and work on things like takedowns, etc that might not be bjj but are essential to winning

Waxwingslain said:
I have been doing BJJ for about 2.5 years.
I crush all the other white belts in club randori. I can't remember the last time one tapped me.

I have very little knowledge of takedowns/defence and have never won a single fight in competition.
In fact I lost one on Sunday (yesterday).

3 of us got promoted today. All three of us lost yesterday.

i think you deserve it. you can now feel proud and raise yourself above other white belts

I wish I could get a belt. Then again, I have a long way to go before I am even decent as I've only been going for near 2 months.

Thanks everyone! I was expecting to get flamed to be honest...
I was in a state of shock last night.
I think a few blues and even one purple belt at my club will be relieved to hear I've gone up.

Keep training and you'll get your blue LCDforMe (and probably deserve it more than me).

P.S. It was my witttiest thread title yet don't you think? :wink:

Congratulations chief.

IMO if white belt is beginner level, than you were a blue months ago.

Good luck fending off all those white belts who are gonna try to make a name of themselves by tapping you.

I haven't tapped to a white belt in ages... I bet I get tapped out by every noob ad his dog first tme I roll with the blue on.

Back