• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I'm addicted to Amazon.....I need help

some items are next day delivery on Prime...not addicted but purchase maybe one item every two weeks

80% of my shopping is done through Amazon and Walmart online. There are things that shouldn't be bought on Amazon. Dog food was one that I found to be very overpriced and misrepresented. The photo might show a case when the Item is actually being sold per can. Each can costs almost as much as a case at Chewy.com. As with shopping anywhere, you have to check prices elsewhere too.

Amazon is awesome, just embrace it...almost anything I can dream of can be delivered the next day, what a time to be alive...

i love amazon.

Fuck I do too man and even given the anonymity sherdog provides I'm embarrassed to admit it..I've alwAys prouded my self in being a loner a man of my own path a mainstream non conformist immune to marketing sorcery

But bezo got me

some items are next day delivery on Prime...not addicted but purchase maybe one item every two weeks

Lightweight Amazon poser you are

holla at me when the prime driver knows your kids birthdays and you leave them Gatorade

I'm a fellow crackhead, man. I freely admit it. I give so much of my money to Bezos that I might as well just have a percentage of my checks direct deposited to him. LOL.
Seriously, though, Amazon makes a mint off of me. I subscribe to Prime, Amazon Music Unlimited, Kindle Unlimited & the Shudder movie network through Prime. That's just the digital content that I pay for each month. Then, when you add in the stuff that I order from them on a weekly, sometimes daily basis it's crazy.
But, no one can beat their prices & selection. And, now that I live in Arizona, what used to be free two-day shipping is now down to one day for most stuff because Pheonix is a major hub for them.

So true it started off slow when the misses dropped our third brat....first it was once a week then every three days then I started buying BJJ stuff and she started buying shit you could find at Tarjet or Wal-Mart and it's to the point where we're friendly with the GD prime driver ...his name is Randy and he's awesome. always places my stuff out of sight of porch pirates....thinking about asking him to join us for our next family photo he's a tall skinny 50+mofo with a missing tooth, cheap forearm tats and long hair flowing down from full male pattern bald ness

So true it started off slow when the misses dropped our third brat....first it was once a week then every three days then I started buying BJJ stuff and she started buying shit you could find at Tarjet or Wal-Mart and it's to the point where we're friendly with the GD prime driver ...his name is Randy and he's awesome. always places my stuff out of sight of porch pirates....thinking about asking him to join us for our next family photo he's a tall skinny 50+mofo with a missing tooth, cheap forearm tats and long hair flowing down from full male pattern bald ness

<45>
That's so cool that you live in an area that has Amazon Flex drivers. I'm jealous.
How long has your area had them? And what's your wait time like now? Do you get same-day service on some items? Here in Sedona, Arizona I've begun getting a lot of next day service. Something that I never got while living in Buffalo.
My wife is cool with Amazon too but she actually uses eBay a bit more. She's into all that high fashion stuff & finds crazy deals on new clothes & accessories all the time. Which is cool with me because it sure beats her paying full price at Nordstrom's like she used to. That leaves more room in our budget for... you guessed it, Amazon goodies. LOL.
Honestly, though, I do pretty good considering how out of control I could get. I keep a bit of a leash on myself. My weakness is Blu-rays & now, lately, 4K Blu-rays. I still enjoy having physical copies of things so that's what I've predominantly been collecting these days. Now, if I could only find the time to watch them all.
Peace.

I think im ordering less off amazon as time goes on because I am jaded to it used to be exciting and impulsive but being a customer longer makes you put more thought into purchases.

Amazon has ruined online shopping for me. If an item isn't at my door within 2 days I get pissed lol. I refuse to pay shipping on online orders now. I am definitely addicted to Amazon. It says in 2019 I have made 104 orders so far. It's just so convenient with Prime. I'm also lucky to have Flex drivers so a lot of items I can get the next day. I think, with the exception of groceries, I hardly ever buy anything from a regular store these days.

I think im ordering less off amazon as time goes on because I am jaded to it used to be exciting and impulsive but being a customer longer makes you put more thought into purchases.

With "one-click" buying available you have time to actually think about your purchases? You must have mystical powers, my friend. LOL.
I had to disable my "one-click" button. It got me into too much trouble. I require a three-click minimum in order to curb my impulses down to a more manageable level. So, having to click on the item, my address & my payment method gives me the opportunity to discern if I really need something.

Fuck I do too man and even given the anonymity sherdog provides I'm embarrassed to admit it..I've alwAys prouded my self in being a loner a man of my own path a mainstream non conformist immune to marketing sorcery

But bezo got me
I’m addicted to finding products I plan to buy and then reading reviews and backing out. Then I always try to analyze people reviewing shit. Like are some of these people too dumb to use/understand the product so they give it two stars?

With "one-click" buying available you have time to actually think about your purchases? You must have mystical powers, my friend. LOL.
I had to disable my "one-click" button. It got me into too much trouble. I require a three-click minimum in order to curb my impulses down to a more manageable level. So, having to click on the item, my address & my payment method gives me the opportunity to discern if I really need something.
I dont have one click on I do the same thing you do.

I just blocked amazon emails, I bought maybe 4 fucking things, maybe looked up 6 others and they started bombarding me with emails. Fuck that.

I’ll tell them what I want, if I want it. They don’t tell me what I want, ya know.

Cool.
Yeah, I can't get by without my frequent viewings of MANDY & REVENGE. I swear, I've watched both of them a half dozen times each since this past November. One of these days I'm going to have to buy both of them on Blu-ray to add to my collection but for now, I'm content to watch both as Shudder exclusives.
Of course, I watch a lot of other stuff on there as well. COLD HELL being another one that I've seen multiple times. If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend it. BOAR was pretty good too.
Good recommendations, I definitely underutilize Shudder, I mainly got it for Joe Bob Briggs!

I'm addicted to AliExpress. So if it's any consolation I'm obviously poorer than you

I’m addicted to finding products I plan to buy and then reading reviews and backing out. Then I always try to analyze people reviewing shit. Like are some of these people too dumb to use/understand the product so they give it two stars?
The "best" are the five star reviews for shit they've just taken out of the box and not really using the thing yet.

They've got me subscribing to protein bars and multi vitamins. my work internet split use to be 80% sherdog 10 ebay 10% Amazon now its totally flipped. boxes at the door ever fricken day i need an intervention sherbros

who else is addicted to Bezo's crack?

looking for honesty here boys
I prefer actual crack combined with benzos, thank you.

giphy.gif

The "best" are the five star reviews for shit they've just taken out of the box and not really using the thing yet.
Yeah I’ve seen people give 2 star reviews because it didn’t get shipped to them quick enough. Like what? This is why I’m so skeptical of reviews. People are dumb as fuck.

Yeah I had a 13.5 hour day at work the other day and I was planning at stopping at petco on the way home to get dog food. That shit didnt happen I just amazoned it and got it the next day so I didnt have to stop lol. Shit like that happens alot for me. Super lazy but the prices are comparable anyways so whatever.

Back