I'm a Fedor fan, but....

I would really like to see Fedor/Cain. They are both smaller HWs as well, and I would love to see how Fedor's sambo would match up with Cain's wrestling

True. But he did do 5.5 Million views against Brett Rogers.

Hate to say this, but for network TV and as much advertising as CBS did, those numbers were low.

Hell, every one of Kimbo's network fights did more than 5.5 million.

The hardcore MMA base know and love Fedor, but the casual UFC fanbase have no clue who he is.

He is the fucking Michael Jordan of MMA. Give the man what he wants !

...why on earth should he get Werdum in his first fight back??

As much as I respect the guy and think he's one of the greatest mma fighters of all time, he's done nothing worth mentioning in about 7 years now.

His last fight was 3 years ago, and his 3 fight win streak is against Ishii, Monson, and Pedro Rizzo. He's about as deserving as Mirko, who has a very similar winstreak, but at least his is recent and he's an active fighter.

If anything that's the fight to make, Fedor vs Mirko rematch, a classic between two legends that actually kinda makes sense going by their record, but even that's being generous to Fedor since he hasn't fought since 2012.

Werdum vs Stipe is the obvious choice with AA fighting Mir and JDS fighting Reem.

meh it's a fair enough thing to say he shouldn't get a title shot. thing is when he's back it could be only 1 fight max maybe 2 or 3 so you should maximize it.

True. But he did do 5.5 Million views against Brett Rogers.

if that's true its pretty fuckin huge -you have to pay with y our wallet a month for that channel at the time. well i'm sure many had a big plan that didnt need to, but it was 10 bucks a month.

Huh? So giving Lesnar a title shot after 1 loss and 1 win(against a non ranked opponent) was all good to you? Face it, this would be perfect for the UFC to get back on track. But right now there is no Fedor, all we have saving the UFC right now is Mark Hunt, and Mcgreggor or whatever his name is.

Makes more sense than giving Fedor a title shot after 3 losses in a row (one to a MW) and 3 wins with the highest ranked win being a guy MAYBE in the top 50?

At least Brock beat a guy who was close to the top 10 at the time.

if that's true its pretty fuckin huge -you have to pay with y our wallet a month for that channel at the time. well i'm sure many had a big plan that didnt need to, but it was 10 bucks a month.

The Brett Rogers fight was on Network TV (CBS I think).

Strikeforce made the Showtime deal at the same time they announced the Grand Prix.

I'd say that the only reason is cause people want to see it.

He didn't earn it at all, but I still want to see it.

They've done fights like this before. Pettis vs. Aldo for Aldo's title was supposed to happen even though Pettis has never fought at 145. So whatever. Just enjoy it.

Why would Brock get a title shot with 1 win in the UFC?

Why would Sonnen get multiple title shots after losses?

Why is Gus getting a title shot after being sent to hell by Rumble?

Why did Randy get title shots after multiple retirements?

Fedor is the GOAT and will be treated as such.

I don't think he deserves a title shot, but neither do a lot of challengers. I would not be upset at all if he gets it his first fight back, but I would rather he didnt.

Have you even been watching the fights?

The HW fights have probably been the most exciting, with the most climactic finishes out of all the divisions. The last few HW title fights had it all. The biggest problem was Cain not fighting for so long, but almost every HW fight delivers when it comes to entertainment and excitement?

The only good fights lately other than the champ were the veteran wins by pitbull and mirko. The Shawn jordans and black beasts of the division have gone nowhere. Every heavyweight ufc has tried to grow from within in this era hasn't amounted to much. It's the vets who are the show. Fedor vs anyone is a great fight and I'd watch it.

Fedor is imo the best ever...but Fedor hasn't fought in 3 years and it's not exactly like he looked the best at the end of his run. Fedor's career is essentially over, but for someone like me, who it was always a bucket list thing to see him fight live, this offers an opportunity I never thought I'd have. So I support it

meh it's a fair enough thing to say he shouldn't get a title shot. thing is when he's back it could be only 1 fight max maybe 2 or 3 so you should maximize it.

Hmmm, ya I bet UFC would love to have a guy come in, get a title shot, win it, then never fight again.

Give him Bigfoot first. They should promote a revenge fest. Henderson next if he agrees. After that give him a top ten guy. If he can complete that then give him the shot.

Fedor gave a chance to beat him to many unworthy fighters.

I think he deserves to have one undeserved fight himself too.

It's pretty clear why the more rabid among Fedor's fanboys want the Werdum fight. They hope he can come in, land a hail Mary right hand that knocks Werdum stiff. Then retire, so they can say him becoming UFC champion cements him as the undisputed ATG, with no room for debate. If Werdum wasn't the champion right now, they wouldn't want Fedor anywhere near this fight.

Hmmm, ya I bet UFC would love to have a guy come in, get a title shot, win it, then never fight again.

I never alluded to that twatwaffle. Plus these companies always have a champion clause where it's impossible to leave the company when youre champ.

The Brett Rogers fight was on Network TV (CBS I think).

Ahhh that's right.

Its Fedor

He should be given whatever he wants...and Dana should do it with a smile on his little face

Back