'Ill' Will Be Champ Someday.

The guy who got finished by Saad Awad?

it is called getting caught,it could happen to anyone-but getting beaten for 15 min(like awad got in 2nd fight) is not a fluke

Very good fighter, and future contender if he ever comes to the UFC. But Pettis will beat the shit out of him and probably all other opponents for the near future. As much as I respect Bellator's talent pool, like Luke Thomas has said, they have nobody like Pettis, regardless of division. Talents like him are hard to come by for MMA, let alone Bellator.

He should be fighting in the UFC. The guy has beaten Chandler twice now. That's a huge deal. I wish UFC would sign more of the elite fighters from outside, like Brooks, Askren, and Moraes. We need fresh blood.

a. Aside from maybe Askren, they have long-term, exclusive contracts with another organization, so it's not the UFC's choice.

b. talent/fresh blood isn't the problem with the UFC right now. They have more of it than ever. If they added more talent, they'd just add more cards, and more 5-round fights, and more conflicting interests. UFC's business attitude of wanting their cake, to eat it too, and be hand-fed to them, is the problem right now. It's hardly dearth of talent.

Very good fighter, and future contender if he ever comes to the UFC. But Pettis will beat the shit out of him and probably all other opponents for the near future. As much as I respect Bellator's talent pool, like Luke Thomas has said, they have nobody like Pettis, regardless of division. Talents like him are hard to come by for MMA, let alone Bellator.

Funny you should say that. Back when Pettis/Bendo/Cerrone were still slumming in WEC - UFC discussion couldn't care any less about these fighters until they came and essentially conquered in their own way the UFC LW div.

Thus, it is foolish to think that. And that was during the BJ Penn mystique was still in full effect mind you.

Funny you should say that. Back when Pettis/Bendo/Cerrone were still slumming in WEC - UFC discussion couldn't care any less about these fighters until they came and essentially conquered in their own way the UFC LW div.

Thus, it is foolish to think that. And that was during the BJ Penn mystique was still in full effect mind you.

Anthony Pettis is the only fighter from WEC that broke the mold... Benson became champ but he shouldn't have been.. Frankie beat him twice in most peoples eyes... it was pretty shitty . then Benson managed to steal a win from Thomson and then get knocked out by RDA a ufc guy... also, we saw amazing things from Benson, Cowboy, and Pettis before they came to the UFC... Pettis specifically had shown things we had never seen before. Ill Will has shown nothing other then being well rounded.. He isn't knocking guys out, he isn't showing fantastic submissions... he has pretty good wrestling and overall striking but he is not a world beater.

You're foolish to not know who you're talking to and group me with those other posters. I was one defending WEC fighters, especially Pettis, as I individually viewed him as a special, transcendent talent from almost the beginning. And in most cases I'll defend Bellator fighters. A big part of my night on here yesterday was spent defending Lombard knowing if he's undeservedly shit on that will lead to the same for 100 Bellator fighters. This is just about my continuing belief about Pettis. Few if any p4p in MMA can touch him, let alone in his own class. It's also about the reality that a select few future greats will just hold out for the #1 organization because they know they'll be #1 in the world and have huge moneymaking potential. WEC fighters were tied to the #1 thru Zuffa. Pettis is a Silva, JBJ, Aldo, Fedor, or GSP type talent.

You're foolish to not know who you're talking to and group me with those other posters. I was one defending WEC fighters, especially Pettis, as I individually viewed him as a special, transcendent talent from almost the beginning. And in most cases I'll defend Bellator fighters. A big part of my night on here yesterday was spent defending Lombard knowing if he's undeservedly shit on that will lead to the same for 100 Bellator fighters. This is just about my continuing belief about Pettis. Few if any p4p in MMA can touch him, let alone in his own class. It's also about the reality that a select few future greats will just hold out for the #1 organization because they know they'll be #1 in the world and have huge moneymaking potential. WEC fighters were tied to the #1 thru Zuffa. Pettis is a Silva, JBJ, Aldo, Fedor, or GSP type talent.

Lombard is a talent who most people don't care about. Kudos for defending him. I just took exception to how you would dismiss a guy who definitively beat Chandler - a top ten - in a rematch. Pettis is special - I know.

I don't see any glaring weakness in Will. He doesn't need to wow you - GSP and Jones stopped doing that ages ago. But what's the most uncannily impressive to me about Will is that he does not seem to break a sweat for 5 rounds and has great fight I.Q. to boot. I always thought good conditioning makes for great fight I.Q. because it frees up your mind to keep yourself in the game rather than trying to just survive and he has that.

Brooks gets better and better with every fight. The guy who beat Tirloni in a ho-hum fight and got KO's fast by Awad is nowhere close to the guy who just finished Chandler.

Back