I'll never understand the **** talking some fighters do.

Amin80

White Belt
Reaction score
It just bothers me, I mean it's good to be confident but some of these guys like Connor, Cormier, Ortiz, Diaz, and Koscheck. I mean you're in a sport where anybody has a good chance to knock your lights out. Even the very best like Silva and GSP have been knocked out. So what makes these these guys think that someone won't come along and do that to them. This guy Connor is just too much, and he is still to be tested against the very best. Sometimes I think that they believe if they do as much **** talking as possible, that that is enough to get into the mind of the other fighter and already beat them, but the past has shown otherwise. I can't wait till Connor gets KTFO.

DC needs to work on his cardio, you don't just walk in the cage with probably the GOAT and gas out completely in the 4th. Though he was doing great the first 3 rounds which is a shame.

its a pretty understandable thing- it happens in all sports, why not combat sports where after cardio it is probably 50% mental?

It just bothers me, I mean it's good to be confident but some of these guys like Connor, Cormier, Ortiz, Diaz, and Koscheck. I mean you're in a sport where anybody has a good chance to knock your lights out. Even the very best like Silva and GSP have been knocked out. So what makes these these guys think that someone won't come along and do that to them. This guy Connor is just too much, and he is still to be tested against the very best. Sometimes I think that they believe if they do as much **** talking as possible, that that is enough to get into the mind of the other fighter and already beat them, but the past has shown otherwise. I can't wait till Connor gets KTFO.

Don't think for a second that Conor or Chael or others don't realize that Aldo/Anderson etc. are good fighters who may well put their lights out. They just pretend not to, to generate hype and to troll their opponents.

In other words you'll never understand how to make bank in a sport which on average pays pennies for getting your head punched in.

Sorry mate. Terrible thread.

its make combat sports just that much more interesting.

In other words you'll never understand how to make bank in a sport which on average pays pennies for getting your head punched in.

Sorry mate. Terrible thread.

Yeah but look at GSP, have you ever heard that guy trolling other fighters before a fight? And I believe he used to have the highest selling PPVs. if you are a great fighter, the people will follow. No need for all the BS and nonsense.

Yeah but look at GSP, have you ever heard that guy trolling other fighters before a fight? And I believe he used to have the highest selling PPVs. if you are a great fighter, the people will follow. No need for all the BS and nonsense.

But look at GSP

its make combat sports just that much more interesting.

During the time when it was Cotoure, Liddell etc. the sport only had one clown, Ortiz. And it was interesting enough as it is. No need to turn it into WWE.

Trash talking is deeply embedded in sports culture. It's just the way it is.

haters gonna hate, go get a nappy and wait for aldo v mcG

From my experience the best of the best mma fighters/champions are usually humble because they talk with their skill. Watching Fedor fight would be enough. If it wasnt in a ring with gloves and a ref, you'd swear he was trying to murder nog. Guys like that have no need for talk.

Its rare to have elite trash talkers who actually back it up..Ali. Mayweather etc..that's why they generate so much. Conor better back up what he's been saying for the next 5 years. The guy can't stop now. He has to believe in his abilities to an almost delusional point.

I know right? I mean, what kinda man trash talks.

"I'll beat him [Floyd Patterson] so hard he'll need a shoehorn to put his hat on!"

"Sonny Liston's so ugly that when he cries, the tears run down the back of his head!"

"Here I predict Sonny Liston's dismemberment, I'll hit him so hard, he'll forget where October/November went!"

"I've seen George Foreman shadow boxing, and the shadow won!"

It's called turning "heel." You'll hear that term thrown around in professional wrestling. When a fighter takes the high road, like GSP, they call it turning "face." Good promoters can surf the waves of public opinion by turning heel or face, depending on what the crowd is feeling. They both involve acting, with the overall goal of not letting the audience get bored. Love or hate, if people care, they watch, and that makes money.

TS "I don't understand why"

then proceeds to list 5 fighters that make more than 99% of all other mma fighters.

Back