I'll never understand the **** talking some fighters do.

The good thing about it though is that it provides some of the sweetest moments in MMA when these big mouths get their lights put out! For example when Cain shut Lesnar up and the Reem finished Lesnars boasting off altogether!
The sooner it happens to McGregor the better. It won't be soon enough even if Siver does it this weekend.

It's actually very easy to understand, very simple.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It just bothers me, I mean it's good to be confident but some of these guys like Connor, Cormier, Ortiz, Diaz, and Koscheck. I mean you're in a sport where anybody has a good chance to knock your lights out. Even the very best like Silva and GSP have been knocked out. So what makes these these guys think that someone won't come along and do that to them. This guy Connor is just too much, and he is still to be tested against the very best. Sometimes I think that they believe if they do as much **** talking as possible, that that is enough to get into the mind of the other fighter and already beat them, but the past has shown otherwise. I can't wait till Connor gets KTFO .

��

Im with you bro.

The good thing about it though is that it provides some of the sweetest moments in MMA when these big mouths get their lights put out! For example when Cain shut Lesnar up and the Reem finished Lesnars boasting off altogether!
The sooner it happens to McGregor the better. It won't be soon enough even if Siver does it this weekend.

Translation: I hate fun.

The smartest guys tend to be the ones who talk trash. Chael Sonnen was the best example of this. Chael wasn't the best fighter, but due to his insane trash talk, he managed to become one of the biggest stars in the industry period. It led him to make far more money than pretty much anyone else, star on the biggest selling pay-per-views, and get title shots easier than most other guys.

Everyone else trash talking now, such as Conor, are just doing what Chael done, for the simple reason that it worked.

The only big draws that don't trash talk, are the guys who managed to get the the top and stay there for a long period of time. Guys like GSP, who has long been considered on of the "pound for pound" bests.

The fighters complaining about the trash talking need to learn to do it themselves.

Getting wound up from it only encourages those very same fighters to keep talking shit...what is their endgame? Why do they talk so much shit? Think about it.

It just bothers me, I mean it's good to be confident but some of these guys like Connor, Cormier, Ortiz, Diaz, and Koscheck. I mean you're in a sport where anybody has a good chance to knock your lights out. Even the very best like Silva and GSP have been knocked out. So what makes these these guys think that someone won't come along and do that to them. This guy Connor is just too much, and he is still to be tested against the very best. Sometimes I think that they believe if they do as much **** talking as possible, that that is enough to get into the mind of the other fighter and already beat them, but the past has shown otherwise. I can't wait till Connor gets KTFO.

Some people do better riled up. Or they think the other guy won't do as well if he can rattle him.

It's easier if you just watch the fights and ignore all the fluff.

they know they can be knocked out but the shit talking is to sell fights and generate interest.....see the thing is average 1/2 of mma community don't like to admit it but they don't just want a fight they want all that soap opera type stuff similar to what the wwe does to go with it...it gets them "hyped"

Bisping,Chael,Diaz......non of those guys were champs but when they talk or fought you listened and you watched because they created an interest in themselves and their match

Last edited:
It just bothers me, I mean it's good to be confident but some of these guys like Connor, Cormier, Ortiz, Diaz, and Koscheck. I mean you're in a sport where anybody has a good chance to knock your lights out. Even the very best like Silva and GSP have been knocked out. So what makes these these guys think that someone won't come along and do that to them. This guy Connor is just too much, and he is still to be tested against the very best. Sometimes I think that they believe if they do as much **** talking as possible, that that is enough to get into the mind of the other fighter and already beat them, but the past has shown otherwise. I can't wait till Connor gets KTFO.

You're talking mad shit on an online forum and will never step into a cage to fight. These guys are cage fighters... they have earned the right to talk some shit. Win or lose, get KO'd or KO their opponent, they've earned the right to speak. You haven't, but here you speak anyway.

Back