If You're Rich Franklin... How Do You Feel Right Now?

IndyCovaHart

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
1) He's older.
2) DEFINITELY proven that his title days are over.

Even if Weidman maintains, Rich wont beat him either.

Is he even scheduled for a fight?

i thought dana recently had an interview where he basically said rich wants a fight but dana thinks his fighting days are over or something...wants him to make money out of the cage or something...dont have a source, might have been on mmajunkie or something

He's 38, hasn't fought for 15 months, and it was a vicious KO.

Expect his retirement announcement anytime.

I will be surprised if he takes another fight

He's the ultimate company man, a MATH teacher who left his job to be a FIGHTER.... UFC loves this guy and he's set for life, don't worry about nothing.

Rich is gonna back, win a couple and who knows maybe get 1 last shot @ 185 before riding off to live the life!

He has to confront the realization that his skills are diminishing just like any other athlete inevitably does. But if he has a sense of perspective, he should feel pretty happy about his career. Out of the tens of thousands of people who've tried to make a go at an MMA career, he achieved a level of success and longevity that all but a few dozen people would be envious of.

Rich seems like one of the more levelheaded guys in the sport. I'm sure he's dealing with the realities of his MMA career just fine.

When it comes to a fighter having a decline, hes not as bad as others. I still want to see him fighting for a while.

Just about ready to retire, waiting for the right fight to be offere to give it my all one last time.

Saw him on a program talking about this new juice bar business he has started. There were a few hiccups but as soon as he got it going he would be looking for a fight.
I could definitely see him stepping into the Kennedy fight if he has been training, probably at catchweight/Franklinweight.

One of my all time favorite fighters. I would like to see him fight Kennedy or Wanderlei one last time lol. I want him to go out on a win

Pretty sure it hasn't even been a full year since his last fight.

Yep, it'll be a year in November.

And yer probably feeling pretty good if yer Rich Franklin. You've accumulated a wealthy lil pile of cash, you're one foot into retirement, you've probably got a job for life in Zuffa if you want it. I'd say Ace is in good shape.

Pity he got walloped by Cung, still think he can beat him

He's been a paycheque fighter for a while now, nothing new to Franklin. He'll fight, get paid, repeat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back