If You're Rich Franklin... How Do You Feel Right Now?

i thought dana recently had an interview where he basically said rich wants a fight but dana thinks his fighting days are over or something...wants him to make money out of the cage or something...dont have a source, might have been on mmajunkie or something

or something?

I expect him to retire. Loved watching him fight but I think the younger fighter "want" isnt there anymore.

Plus he has a new business starting up.

Hope to be in main events in new markets to get a nice fat paycheck. If the wins start coming, maybe start campaigning for a title shot since there's a new champ at MW. If not, retire when the urge is gone/if decline comes.

I would love to see Ace back in the ring. He is one of my all time favorite fighters. I do believe he has a few good fights left in him.

Take pity on his soul and do not give him another fight. His long division skills are already suffering.

He wants one more fight; then he'll probably call it.

Been working on his organic juice bar business lately, trying to get that up and running. Still wants one more though.

i thought dana recently had an interview where he basically said rich wants a fight but dana thinks his fighting days are over or something...wants him to make money out of the cage or something...dont have a source, might have been on mmajunkie or something

159 media scrum maybe?

He's done he's had a good career but I don't think he can win anymore against top guys. He's got a hell of a legacy as the best MW before AS came around he should retire and wait for his HOF induction.

Pretty sure it hasn't even been a full year since his last fight.

yea it was nov 2012. He'll probably just take franklinweight fights for the fans at this point, i think getting KO'd by cung le like that sends him into that realm

I feel great. I got plenty of money, had a good career, am in great shape, and will go down in history as a very good UFC champ.

I take a couple more fun/exciting fights that people want to see, add a couple extra 100k to the piggy bank, and live the rest of my life happier than a pig in shit.

i spent about 25 min. doing an amateur pretend interview on Rich because i sneaked into the UFC Macau China press conference.

He agreed to play along with me to keep me in the press conference.

Rich was the NICEST dude ever who spoke with the upmost eloquence!

I wish nothing but the best for him! I'm a huge cung le fan, but man...I was happy as well for Cung winning but at the same, sad as fuck it had to be Rich!

I'd think, I've had a great career, probably Top 5 MW of all time. Nothing left to prove, time to retire.

Really hope Rich fights again, love to see him go out on a win.

Back