If you would really rather see Tate vs Ronda you went too hardcore

mademan081

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I disagree with MANY of the UFCs decisions lately (Stitch, Reebok, etc.) but on this one they are right. If they booked the Tate Ronda fight they would lose all credibility as a fight promotion. The notion that title shots should be earned instead of granted has limits. This isn't the Olympics, its a PPV based entertainment company. If fights were free, it might be debatable, but as a fight fan, there is no way in hell I'd pay $60 to see Ronda fight Tate again, I wouldn't even waste time and money going to the bar. Ronda just reached the pinnacle of her career and the world's eyes are on her right now and her next fight, if booked right, could be the highest grossing ppv in years. To put her against someone she's beaten twice could hamper that momentum as it would certainly be brought up and questioned in all of the major talk shows and interviews she would do leading up to the fight. If you really wanted that fight you went too hardcore and need to reel yourself back in a little bit.

But you would pay 60$ to watch Ronda fight someone with 0 top ten wins? (Again)

I will be streaming it as well as encouraging others to do so if they are interested at all. UFC doesn't deserve a single dollar for this.

I'd rather see miesha/ronda 3. At least we know miesha can make it out of the first rd.

Holm is gonna get subbed Kaufman style

I used to consider myself a 'hardcore fan' but with how they've been going full retard recently i'd rather sit back, relax and watch them get really really mad.

I want MMA grow bigger and won't be bitter about my favorite personal fighters not getting the spotlight sometimes.

Tate got scraped both times. Not just beaten, scraped. I would rather see The Preacher's Daughter in there getting steamrolled than her again.

I used to consider myself a 'hardcore fan' but with how they've been going full retard recently i'd rather sit back, relax and watch them get really really mad.

I want MMA grow bigger and won't be bitter about my favorite personal fighters not getting the spotlight sometimes.

Well it won't, MMA is a brutal competition, that requieres more knowlege of the action, to actually enjoy it, that any other sport, just like in boxing, fighters like Ronda are gonna bring their fans to their fights, but they are not gonna stay fans of the sport.

Last edited:
I dont really care a ton, but I would have preferred Tate. She actually made it a bit of a fight in the last one. Im curious to see how Holm fares, but I dont think it'll go well OR be entertaining

Well it won't, MMA is a brutal competition, that requieres more of knowlege of the action, to actually enjoy it, that any other sport, just like in boxing fighters like Ronda are gonna bring their fans to their fights, but they are not gonna stay fans of the sport.

Exactly. At this point the UFC isn't showcasing the sport of wmma, it's showcasing the Ronda. You really gotta wonder how long the UFC keeps wmma around after she hangs em up.

Hey, maybe Honda's ego will be outta control and she'll try to stand and bang and get KTFO.

That's our only hope now.

But you would pay 60$ to watch Ronda fight someone with 0 top ten wins? (Again)

and he said that where?

Oh wait you'd rather watch a boring fighter, who's got dominated twice and literally has no advantage over Ronda anywhere based on what?

Hey, maybe Honda's ego will be outta control and she'll try to stand and bang and get KTFO.

That's our only hope now.

most people aren't hoping Ronda loses because we're intimidated by here. Only the pansies.

There is zero "selling PPV's", business side justification for placing Holm in this fight instead of Miesha Tate. Holm isn't popular while Tate is wildly popular. There is no rivalry factor with Holm, while Tate/Rousey is a widely known wolf tickets rivalry. Holm hasn't had any memorable or impressive UFC appearances that would warrant them needing to strike while the iron is hot. They seem to be doing it soley so they can use the words "undefeated boxing champion" in the promotional materials. The fight will sell entirely and only because it's Ronda Rousey. The fact that it's Holm doesn't bring one additional buyer. But its worth noting that the last time they pulled something like this - putting in a challenger who wasn't popular and hadn't earned the fight just so they could use the words "undefeated Olympic medalist" - they produced Ronda's worst selling PPV.

and he said that where?

Oh wait you'd rather watch a boring fighter, who's got dominated twice and literally has no advantage over Ronda anywhere based on what?

He said he wouldn't pay for tate/rousey 3, which kinda implies that he would pay for this fight. Also boring fighter with no advantage over rousey pretty much describes holm as well as it does tate. Her boxing really isn't that great.

Tate is the only person that lasted more than a round against Rousey and tagged her several times despite an awful gameplan. Since that, she improved her striking and power and would logically try a different approach. I really think a third fight would be more interesting than against a pillow-fisted kicker, who won't be able to throw any high-kick because of Ronda's pressure, and whose ground-game and TDD are yet to be seen against anyone in the top 10.

No I want the #1 contender to get the shot at the title that she earned by working back up the rankings. Not WWE booking, where they can give title shots to who ever the flavor of the month is.

You sound soft.

Well it won't, MMA is a brutal competition, that requieres more knowlege of the action, to actually enjoy it, that any other sport, just like in boxing, fighters like Ronda are gonna bring their fans to their fights, but they are not gonna stay fans of the sport.

I agree, but your text is brutal to read. Put a dot in there once in a while.

Please watch a Holly Holm fight.. aka Holly Holm throwing combos at air and then delete this thread.

Holms fight are a sad barometer that only serve to indicate how far behind WMMA truly is.

Back