• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If You Want Your Door Dash, You Better Tip

And people still choose fast food?

My wife and I are real foodies. Sous Vide, slow cooker, traeger smoker, pizza oven etc. This means we are almost always disappointed with food from restaurants because we could usually make it much better ourselves. But with a Big Mac you always know what you get, so when we don´t cook ourselves once in a blue moon it´s usually fast food.

$2-$3 per mile earned or the order get's swiped left...

Guarantee it...

Restaurant takes too long... Order gets swiped left...

Source: Me - I did DD for like 4 months...

I'd probably just hire a PA if I ever lived in the US. Fuck putting up with peasants trying to extort you for basic services. Not even about the money, its the principle.

Waaaahhhh im doing my job and complaining random people aren't giving me money waaaahhhh

Waaaahhhh im doing my job and complaining random people aren't giving me money waaaahhhh

Whaaaaa I want my order but don't wanna be fair...Waaaaa

Guess what get up off yer ass an go get it then...

Competition always wins btw...

Whaaaaa I want my order but don't wanna be fair...Waaaaa

Guess what get up off yer ass an go get it then...

Competition always wins btw...
I aint paying you for doing your job take it up with your boss and let me eat in peace

I aint paying you for doing your job take it up with your boss and let me eat in peace

Then yer waitin longer or not gettin shit.

DD has no bosses it's gig work and thus Competition wins..

The Driver in GIG work never loses unless they are stupid.

Mind I make far far more doing Med Deliveries (Records, Equipment, Lab Samples). So basically I don't give aa fekk but I do know the game very well.

I always go get my food, don't trust anyone with my food. Also don't like the tipping bs.
They're just doing there job and I'm supposed to give them extra money?? I know the typical response I'd get from that question but it still doesn't take away the fact they're just doing there job. I don't get extra money for making more arrests

Then yer waitin longer or not gettin shit.

DD has no bosses it's gig work and thus Competition wins..

The Driver in GIG work never loses unless they are stupid.

Mind I make far far more doing Med Deliveries (Records, Equipment, Lab Samples). So baasically I don't give aa fekk but I do know the game very well.
Now I am very confused

I always go get my food, don't trust anyone with my food. Also don't like the tipping bs.
They're just doing there job and I'm supposed to give them extra money?? I know the typical response I'd get from that question but it still doesn't take away the fact they're just doing there job. I don't get extra money for making more arrests
Thank you for your service

Now I am very confused

Gig Work is 99 Contractor (self employed)... There is no boss or repercussion as long as you make base % which is super easy. Only thing DD cares about is really Money...

Drivers compete for the best deliveries and ditch the rest to the desperate pleebs...

So if the driver isn't tempted the order sits and sits till someone gives in or DD, Grub etc bump the incentive.

I always tip 5 dollars minimum and 7 if it’s far away or raining. This goes for either door dash or ubereats. I always tip a lot at restaurants too… Like 30-35%. I know that job has to be difficult.

Gig Work is 99 Contractor (self employed)... There is no boss or repercussion as long as you make base % which is supper easy. Only thing DD cares about is really Money...

Drivers compete for the best deliveries and ditch the rest to the desperate pleebs...

So if the driver isn't tempted the order sits and sits till someone gives in or DD, Grub etc bump the incentive.
Well I guess the desperate plebs can deliver to me and not get money HAHA

I always tip. Not a HUGE tipper, but always get something. I usually don't order a lot - so I'll usually toss them $3-5

I don’t understand ordering fast food at home. It’s not fast or hot by the time it reaches your house. Could’ve beaten and robbed your neighbor for food by then.

Some people just can't be bothered to leave the house and have the disposable income to pay for something like Mcdonalds being delivered to them. I don't always do it but sometimes yea I'm in the middle of gaming and I'd rather spend my money then my time to get food. One time I had my nephews and my own kids with me and instead of loading everyone up in my Corolla I just go door dash. I ate Pizza the night before so I didn't want that.

Not tipping isn't cool but I hope they aren't expecting a tip before they even deliver the food. I tip before the food arrives out of convenience but tipping after should be an option as well.

i tip a lot for various reasons.
- i detest the institution of tipping. it just reeks of third world country to me. you americans should travel the world more and stop getting your life advice from tarantino movies.
- i pay more so that my experience is not ruined by the sour, hostile face and reaction of some loser who thinks he's owed money for existing. i m basically paying more so that person disappears as quickly as possible from my vicinity.

People with shit jobs which they probably even aren't qualified for expect tip. Lol...

These jobs are meant for high school kids and maybe college freshmen.

Don't like the money? Get a career, learn a trade, and stop expecting society to enable your bum life.

Wait, aren't you already paying extra for the convenience of having your food delivered? And they want a tip on TOP of that?
It's amazing to me how lazy city people are becoming. The fact that these apps even exist is astonishing to me.

Back