• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If you want a good cardio exercise try rowing machines

Ive got stairs and weights if I wanna climb something. I checked on the climbers too they are good cardio exercises I just thought Id get bored on one. I alternate between my rower and doing lat pulldowns while cycling on my recumbent now. Low weight lat pulldowns for 20 minutes rips my back up.

Why do you have so many yellow cards?

That Rower burnt me out, my ass is sore though the seat is hard on the concept 2 lol, but I barely did 8 minutes I think I was gassing after 2, Im not going to quit every day ill day at least 10 minutes and ad an extra, as long as I stay consistent its good for the heart and organs when you get cardio in, it helps keep the toxins moving out of your system when you sweat, and helps the blood flow for health and nutrient transfer.

I just got at a moderate pace focusing on form the guy on the video who is an Olympic rower said dont over exert yourself its useless you will just get a hernia or hurt your back or something and groin pull, just focus on the fundamentals and get a good flow going.

If I ever get enough money im gonna get one of those too, they look fun and quick cardio

I hate long cardio I read a study that you can burn fat and improve your stamina under 25 minutes using rowing machines and versaclimbers, compared to jogging.

Yes Versaclimbers are very experience. Fortunately, the gym I go to has one. I feel I build stamina faster and in less time. Even lebron swears by it. Some times I put a UFC fight on while using the versaclimber and mimic the fighters pace. I sprint on the machine for every attack the fighter does. mimicking Diego sanchez in Karo Parysian or Gilbert Melendez fight are good to start off with.

just ordered the concept 2 the other day should be arriving tomorrow

for the longest time I considered a treadmill in the basement but this thread changed my mind

the versaclimber has also caught my attention but gonna see how the rowing helps my cardio for bjj

Why do you have so many yellow cards?

That Rower burnt me out, my ass is sore though the seat is hard on the concept 2 lol, but I barely did 8 minutes I think I was gassing after 2, Im not going to quit every day ill day at least 10 minutes and ad an extra, as long as I stay consistent its good for the heart and organs when you get cardio in, it helps keep the toxins moving out of your system when you sweat, and helps the blood flow for health and nutrient transfer.

I just got at a moderate pace focusing on form the guy on the video who is an Olympic rower said dont over exert yourself its useless you will just get a hernia or hurt your back or something and groin pull, just focus on the fundamentals and get a good flow going.
I got drunk and cussed out a mod for sending one of my threads to the dump. Its not the first time Ive said some hellacious shit on here to people over the years. Some deserve it
What difficulty is your rower set at? I leave mine on 1 and just row the hell out of it I dont need it to be hard I have weights for that.
My lower back and butt are sore most time I use mine but it goes away quickly. Just suck it up and keep doing it.
What have you changed about your diet?

You cant fold up a hill and stick it in the closet when you are done tho and sprints do nothing for back development. I use to do 20 miles a day on a road bike but it didnt build anything.
I think Id rather walk up and down my stairs with weights than run up a hill.

I have a motherfucker of a hill right next to my house. I run it for conditioning, not hypertrophy. I prefer to keep the two separate. I can get all the back development I need from Trap Bar Deadlifts, heavy Dumbbell Rows etc.

I got drunk and cussed out a mod for sending one of my threads to the dump. Its not the first time Ive said some hellacious shit on here to people over the years. Some deserve it
What difficulty is your rower set at? I leave mine on 1 and just row the hell out of it I dont need it to be hard I have weights for that.
My lower back and butt are sore most time I use mine but it goes away quickly. Just suck it up and keep doing it.
What have you changed about your diet?

I think I had mine on level 4 or 5.
I havent changed my diet completely other than just limit sugar and sodas. Diet is the hardest part for me.

I have a motherfucker of a hill right next to my house. I run it for conditioning, not hypertrophy. I prefer to keep the two separate. I can get all the back development I need from Trap Bar Deadlifts, heavy Dumbbell Rows etc.

I used to live next to a hill in high school, It had a good incline and I credit that for helping my speed when I played football, one of the best workouts every, but you can't push it too hard because you can pull a muscle and badly
it will have you gassing after a few runs.

but I remember when I first did it my entire legs the quads the hamstrings the gluts, the lower back and the calves were so sore I never had something hit all those muscle groups before where I could barely sit down

I liked it though, when you get Doms I love that for some reason and then I would rest eat and recover.

I row as part of my overall routine. Hicks did nice back muscles.

Holy shit, after reading some of these posts, I may have converted and may go a different direction this fall.

My main cardio is cycling, but I'm not doing that shit in the winter. I've been wanting to get a turbo trainer for my bike, to use indoors during the winter but a rowing machine might be more conducive to maintaining upper back strength during the archery off season.

I just got done using the rower again an hour and half ago, I do intervals and moderate pace and man its awesome, it gets you breathing hard, Im going to keep doing this every single day its great fro the heart and get the blood and nutrients flowing to all your body.

Im only starting its my second day using it, so im slowly going to increase I kept it at level 3 instead of 5 it was easier for me and I was able to get a good flow going once you get the form down its fun.

I use it at the gym to do tabatas. So I go full speed. Quick and brutal. It does however make some sound when you blast away I might get a few looks.

Somedays I just row 3000m as recovery/maintenance.

I've done rowing at my gym and honestly it does nothing for me.

It's a Concept 2 machine. I have the difficulty set to maximum (10?) and I row non-stop using the standard 30 mins setting, at a speed similar to this dude in the video.

At the end of the 30mins, I'm not even sweating as much as I would after running or biking for 5 mins.

So what am I doing wrong here?

I've been running 5km (3 or 4 times a week) on the treadmill for the last few months but now thinking of switching things up and getting the rowing machine involved. Think I'll give it a go for a couple of weeks tbh.

It's a Concept 2 machine. I have the difficulty set to maximum (10?) and I row non-stop using the standard 30 mins setting, at a speed similar to this dude in the video.

At the end of the 30mins, I'm not even sweating as much as I would after running or biking for 5 mins.

You are not doing anything wrong if its not working for you go back to cycling or running. These are all good cardio exercises just do what works for you. I do several cardio exercises the rower is only one of them. Just do something you enjoy doing that builds your heart rate up and doesnt bore you. I been working out for a longgggg time and get bored easily so I switch it up.

You are not doing anything wrong if its not working for you go back to cycling or running. These are all good cardio exercises just do what works for you. I do several cardio exercises the rower is only one of them. Just do something you enjoy doing that builds your heart rate up and doesnt bore you. I been working out for a longgggg time and get bored easily so I switch it up.

I actually enjoyed the rower because I absolutely hate running. But it does feel like I'm doing something wrong because I have downright shit cardio. 10 mins of jogging would completely kill my cardio and yet I still feel very energetic after 30 mins of rowing.

Maybe you got a health issue like thick blood or something doesn't sound normal, and you get cold aka no sweat that is a sign of heart issues, also reduce the setting if you wan ta sweat you gotta be fluid with your movement lower it to 4 or something on the resistance

I just did rowing today on my concept 2 and I was gassing after 5 minutes non stop rowing, took a 60 second break did another 5 at moderate pace on a 4 setting with a straight back perfect form and good flow.

If that doesnt work use a stairmaster that shit will gas you its low impact and really burns the calories and builds that stamina.

Versaclimber is also good.

A warning about Rowing it can cause ED if the seat is hard and puts too much pressure to your Ass and taint area.

okay something strange happen I was momentarily impotent last night, my ass and taint was sore from 3 days straight of sitting on the hard ass Rower seat, and I couldn't pop a woody no matter how hard I tried wtf?

I saw this online:
Watch out for any form of exercise that puts excessive pressure on the perineum, which is the area between the scrotum and anus. Goldstein says bicycle riding,in particular, can cause ED.

I think im going to buy a Versaclimber and trade in or sell my Concept 2

2000_SM_.jpg

A warning about Rowing it can cause ED if the seat is hard and puts too much pressure to your Ass and taint area.

okay something strange happen I was momentarily impotent last night, my ass and taint was sore from 3 days straight of sitting on the hard ass Rower seat, and I couldn't pop a woody no matter how hard I tried wtf?

I saw this online:
Watch out for any form of exercise that puts excessive pressure on the perineum, which is the area between the scrotum and anus. Goldstein says bicycle riding,in particular, can cause ED.

I think im going to buy a Versaclimber and trade in or sell my Concept 2

2000_SM_.jpg

Holy shit don't get one of those that's terrible for ED get this instead.

hqdefault.jpg

the best cardio is wrestling all out... or some variation of HIIT

Back