If you think JDS was overrated and got exposed you

Its a good record, but I wouldnt say he is one of the goats

I completely agree, it was the same when Cain got beat in the first fight. If you lose to a top fighter you are exposed and overrated, especially on this site. When Cain lost he went from the "Baddest man on the planet" to an overrated HW that got lucky with a cut in his next fight. Now that JDS lost, he got lucky with a punch.

This is by far my favorite sport there is and it is quite sad how so called fans shit on fighters after a loss. Cain was definitely the better man and dominated this fight but JDS showed heart and fought through an ass whooping. Both of these men are top fighters in MMA and anything can happen on any given day and it is sad that some people feel the need to shit talk fighters for no reason.

I know the same type of shit talking happened when Cain lost and I believe that all of you that do it are sad, pathetic people.

You mean that you don't think that every 6 months, MMA evolves so much that the athletes that enter are a NEW BREED?????

We should make a list of the most overused and abused phrases in the UFC.

NEW BREED

METEORIC RISE

:) this is real life not marvel comics

JDS got exposed by Cain because it was obvious that JDS was overrated with his brawler style with very little technique.

JDS is one dimensional as they get and got tooled. He couldnt land the sloppy overhand right hand that he relies upon during every fight.

hes without a doubt the number 2 heavy weight in the world, if you think hes over rated just know youre in the minority

I think both of them are excellent fighters. Their strengths are in different areas. Each one has been able to prevail using their strengths. Unfortunately this site has a lot of trolls that just want to diminish one or the other by creating false or misleading comments.

I never thought he was overrated I thought after the loss Cain was criminally underrated.

I still think JDS is a killer. Cain was just the better man that night.

Lol if they have a rubber match and JDS wins again they'll all say Cain was lucky the first time out.....watch

This defeat only proves how much of a monster Cain is. Cain has now destroyed every single opponent he has faced. Winning every single round of every victory he has.

How stupid you have to be to say he was exposed and was overrated?

We will see how JDS deals with Cormier, Overeem, Big Foot, Big Nog, Kongo, Hunt, Pat Barry, Barnett...
blueprint is out for JDS now

What was shown is JDS doesn't react to constant pressure well... What was overrated was his boxing skills along with his TDD.... People were making him out to the be the new Chuck "Chocolate L" Liddell when it came to that. Also that was seen is JDS relies on his power too much and swings for the fence on every punch.

Who cares? Really, I like sherdog, not bashing it at all but... Who cares what a few idiots had to say bad about Cain after he lost and what a few idiots have to say about JDS now?

Damn, I don't even care for the stupid booing after the fight. For all the heat they get, I'm glad I can count on the UFC brass not to be one of the retards, because I'm pretty sure they still see JDS as one of the top guys and he will be matched accordingly

Bottom line: who cares?

Only if it took that fight for you to realize that JDS wasn't no where near as good as people claimed. The people who knew what they were talking about were saying it before the fight happened.

JDS was overrated in the sense that many people thought he was unbeatable. Likewise Cain was criminally underrated in the sense that many people felt that lucky punch in the first fight proved JDS was the better fighter.

They're still the number 1 and number 2 HWs in the world. But unfortunately for all of JDS' fanboys Cain is head and shoulders above him.

I never thought he was overrated I thought after the loss Cain was criminally underrated.

Likewise Cain was criminally underrated in the sense that many people felt that lucky punch in the first fight proved JDS was the better fighter.

What's the deal with people using criminally as an adjective?
Using the word criminally as an adjective is proactively overrated.

I think JDS is a great heavyweight, but it is the truth that people were overrating him a little.

I read a lot of threads, though I don't post much, and people were talking about JDS as if he was this unstoppable killing machine with no weaknesses. Between that and people gushing on and on about what a swell, humble, awesome, likeable, guy he was all the time, I would just roll my eyes at most JDS fan's posts.

Now that reality has hit home a little bit, hopefully we can see him for what he is: a very skilled heavyweight with heavy hands and good speed. He's got some holes in his game but he's right up at the top of the heap with a few other elite heavies. But he's human, just like the rest of them.

He lost a fight. It happens.

The only people who overrated him were the ones who said Cain had no chance of winning. A lot of people were actually overlooking Cain and talking about how Dos Santos was going to whoop Overeem. I wanted to see Overeem vs. Dos Santos badly but I knew that a healthy Velasquez seeking to reclaim his belt was a dangerous opponent and that if he made adjustments he could definitely beat Junior Dos Santos.

What's the deal with people using criminally as an adjective?
Using the word criminally as an adjective is proactively overrated.

It was so bad it was criminal. I stand by my use of the word.

He was painfully underrated. Comically underrated. Laughably underrated. I could keep doing this for hours and they'd all fit. Bottom line, people were very stupid in how badly they underrated Cain.

Back