If you think Israel looked bad in that fight....

It was always known that Israel was and is a big fan of Anderson Silva it shouldn't have been evident after Anderson's emotional weigh-in on thoughts of the upcoming fight and Israel's reaction that Israel would be fighting just to win and not to maim.

Silva took a lot more chances than Adesanya did. Standing right in front of him with his hands down, standing against the cage, running forward and overreaching with his punches, etc. I was expecting Adesanya to counter him those times Silva rushed forward with those reaching punches. Would've been brutal. But he never went for it.

Adesanya is good no doubt. Legit top 10, possibly top 5. He just doesn't look like a world beater.
depends how seriously you take that fight I suppose. That fight seemed like an exhibition bout / sparring match than anything. Israel could've just turned it up and attacked him but chose not to. Instead they put on a show, which as a fan of Anderson Is the best way It could've turned out.

Anderson was one of the guys Israel looked to when he was coming up. Out of respect to him both as a martial artist and a person / his future good health.. I wouldn't have liked to see Anderson get a beat down like that and It easily could've happened.

he was definitely respecting Anderson, but it's not because he was in Pat Barry mode.

like i said in other posts, Adesanya sets up a lot of his offense off establishing the jab and using jab feints to get reactions. when you take away his jab, or don't give it respect, it's much harder for Adesanya to employ his style.

Adesanya isn't a counter striker like a lot of people say he is, he's a rangy fighter. he never really counters strikes, his offense doesn't come from making people miss and pay, his offense comes from him making them react to a feint, reading the reaction, and then using the feint as a misdirection and hitting them on the open side with a different strike.

in that sense, Adesanya is definitely a sophisticated striker, because barely any MMA striker use that style. but it doesn't mean that he's harder to beat than other MMA strikers, he's just different. his defense isn't that impressive to me, and his offense relies heavily on his jab. so even though his offensive strategy is sophisticated, his tactics to employ his strategy is rather rudimentary. like i said, take away his jab and he's much easier to strike with.
Who do you believe at 185 could pull that off??

I find it crazy how people watch that fight and don’t recognize that he was basically treating the fight like a sparing session aNd didn’t want to hurt and embarrass a legend

Who do you believe at 185 could pull that off??

to stop Adesanya's jab? nobody.

i'm not saying Adesanya can't be beaten, he definitely can, but to make him as uncomfortable as Anderson did? there's nobody who i've seen of their skill sets that they've shown that has the ability to stifle a jab like Anderson.

probably because barely anyone jabs in MMA, which makes Adesanya even more unique in that aspect.

Yoel does train in boxing, his brother was a pro boxing champion, but in order for him to stop the jab, he has to actually do something in the beginning rounds. if he lets Adesanya get comfortable and Adesanya just strictly sticks to an outside game, it will be hard for Yoel to make a comeback in my opinion.

Back