If you think Israel looked bad in that fight....

He fought Silva the way he needed to in order to gain the win. It's that simple. He couldn't fight the others the same because Silva is that good. He was correct to approach this fight with caution.

i don't think he looked bad, i just think he could have won a lot more impressively had he taken it a bit more serious and toned down some of the theatrics, gone for more basic head strikes like more 1-2's etc etc, i don't think he needed to be as cautious as he was.

not gonna hold it against him though, even in his old age anderson can be tricky to deal with, israel still showed up and embarrassed brunson before this.

Oh look, some douche on the internet calling strangers idiots. How fucking original.

You admit yourself he looked bad in the fight, then just gave your excuse for why he looked bad, so i guess you just admitted you're an idiot.

Oh look some douche got inexplicably hurt and offended on the internet by someone with a slightly differing opinion than their own preconceived notions about a fight, how fucking original.

<puh-lease75>

I dunno you can say whatever the fuck you want but the moment that stuck out to me most in that fight was when Silva stuck his chin out full Weidman-style and Israel couldn't even hurt him.

And I would bet my life that is the number 1 thing stuck in Israel's head right now.

Oh look some douche got inexplicably hurt and offended on the internet by someone with a slightly differing opinion than their own preconceived notions about a fight, how fucking original.

<puh-lease75>
{<jordan}

So you don't know what preconceived means and you think calling everyone WHO SHARES HIS OPINION an idiot is expressing "a slightly differing opinion". Enjoy your hotpocket.

he was definitely respecting Anderson, but it's not because he was in Pat Barry mode.

like i said in other posts, Adesanya sets up a lot of his offense off establishing the jab and using jab feints to get reactions. when you take away his jab, or don't give it respect, it's much harder for Adesanya to employ his style.

Adesanya isn't a counter striker like a lot of people say he is, he's a rangy fighter. he never really counters strikes, his offense doesn't come from making people miss and pay, his offense comes from him making them react to a feint, reading the reaction, and then using the feint as a misdirection and hitting them on the open side with a different strike.

in that sense, Adesanya is definitely a sophisticated striker, because barely any MMA striker use that style. but it doesn't mean that he's harder to beat than other MMA strikers, he's just different. his defense isn't that impressive to me, and his offense relies heavily on his jab. so even though his offensive strategy is sophisticated, his tactics to employ his strategy is rather rudimentary. like i said, take away his jab and he's much easier to strike with.

Simply put, he respects Silva to much to just put a beating on him.

No doubt he could finished that fight. I think he just enjoyed being in the cage with his idol and treated it like that.

{<jordan}

So you don't know what preconceived means and you think calling everyone WHO SHARES HIS OPINION an idiot is expressing "a slightly differing opinion". Enjoy your hotpocket.

"Waaah im mad about what someone said on the internet cuz ima fuckboi"

<DCrying><DCrying>

Go find a safeplace Fuckin snowflake

"Waaah im mad about what someone said on the internet cuz ima fuckboi"

<DCrying><DCrying>

Go find a safeplace Fuckin snowflake
<Dany07>
White knighting a dude on the internet. Jesus, your life must be awesome.

Spider got him in the feels weigh in weeping

The third round was pretty uneventful compared to 1 and 2. But honestly, I was just glad not to see Silva get KO'd again.

<Dany07>
White knighting a dude on the internet. Jesus, your life must be awesome.

It is lol, sorry yours didn't workout grandpa I'm sure you have society or millennials to blame or Twitter posts to get all up in arms about like a grumpy old bitch

<{MingNope}>

Then you are an idiot when it comes to the science and arts of striking. Simply dumb. Yes I called you an idiot. If anything he simply gave Silva too much respect. He could have turned it up and brought it to Silva had he chose to.

But personally I'm happy with the turn out. I would not have enjoyed seeing Silva hurt bad.

So what you call too much respect others consider bad? Good thread.

Silva's not the man he once was, but he still ko'd bisping (regardless of what the record says) who went on to become champ, and beat Brunson who is a legit top ten. This mindset that any decent fighter should crush him is ludicrous. Adesanya recognized that Silva is still plenty dangerous, and studied him enough to recognize when he was getting played and back out.

Absolute horse shit he landed a knee on a guy not looking.. and then got beat the fuck up the next round by a guy he supposedly "koed".. Bisping schooled Anderson the only reason people think it was close was a moment of idiocy from Bisping trying to get his mouth guard

Anderson has been done since Weidman ever since he's been incredibly tentative and scared to throw..

Barely beat Diaz (a WW).. Barely beat brunson (journeyman)

Then you are an idiot when it comes to the science and arts of striking. Simply dumb. Yes I called you an idiot. If anything he simply gave Silva too much respect. He could have turned it up and brought it to Silva had he chose to.

But personally I'm happy with the turn out. I would not have enjoyed seeing Silva hurt bad.
that's his boy

Everyone came up In the game watching Silva, being inspired by him. I even said it before the fight, It would just feel mean to go out there and demolish him.. Especially at his age. How do you feel good putting some serious damage on an aged silva?

I wouldn't have It any other way either. They still put on a show, old gaurd vs new gaurd.. nobody got hurt. Best way it could've turned out.

True but you need to realize that 90% of sherdoggers can't tell the difference between elite striking and bad striking, all they can do is look at the fighters record.
hilariously true.. lol

Pretty much the epitome of analysis I hear from most people is just looking at their resume, very few people are actually breaking down their skillset or have the ability to do so.

Yet those are the people who yell the loudest.

Um "he gave Silva too much respect". The fuck would you call that?

If you're going to make a retarded thread calling strangers idiots, might want to not shit all over your own point in the OP, slick.
its a nice way of saying that they put on a nice little sparring match for the fans

they did tho

Adesanya went strike for strike with Anderson fucking Silva and won...decisively. Hell, even DC decided to wrestle fuck Silva out of fear of his striking. Adesanya is beast. Simple as that.

the question is, did he dial it back out of caution or was it his fandom that kept the dog at bay.
fandom, respect, a bit of caution.

If this were a younger Silva, i think you'd have seen Israel turn it up to 10.

Could have, should have, the end result is he didn't. This can be said for many fights. Doesn't change the outcome. Is he going to "bring it" against Whittaker?
I'd say so.

Don't see him showing any respect there, especially for the title.

Back