If you mums a vampire...

Originally posted by The Jake

PPS:
I have a heap of books on this I could pull out but they've all been boxed in my garage along with all my really good secret society books :(

- The Jake

Man sounds like you have an awesome library. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a few of those boxes. lol

How about having Sarah Michelle Gellar over at my house to protect me? Even if it doesn't work, I still like the idea :)

Originally posted by punkmother
thats wierd...my grandfather is from michigan

What has that got to do with anything??

I only raised the point because Hungary/Romania are neighbouring countries and they share much of the same religion and myths. Particularly concerning vampires.

- The Jake

Don't trust the one source kid.

Agreed, boy. I find that a scrub of Grandma's lye soap takes care of those pesky vampires.

Originally posted by hex

Man sounds like you have an awesome library. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a few of those boxes. lol

Bloody oath mate!!!

Between all the topics that have been raised lately I'm thinking about cracking them open!!

I've got the better ones in my room but one big mythology book I have doesn't even have the word VAMPIRE in it (although it has some VERY VERY cool werewolf stories in it taken from historical accounts). But at least I have the same secret society book that Smithmeister was referring to in my room still :)

- The Jake

I feel where you're coming from Jake. My point is that there really can't be a "proven" way to kill something that doesn't really exist. It's like saying one religion holds more truth than another because it is more widely accepted.

Originally posted by yakuza01
How about having Sarah Michelle Gellar over at my house to protect me? Even if it doesn't work, I still like the idea :)

FUCK the protecting part, she can just fuck my brains out and I'll die with a smile on my face HAHAHAHAHAHA

- The Jake

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
thats wierd...my grandfather is from michigan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What has that got to do with anything??

I only raised the point because Hungary/Romania are neighbouring countries and they share much of the same religion and myths. Particularly concerning vampires.

- The Jake

just thought it was wierd thats all...had nothing to do with vampires

i also read somewhere that vampires cant swim, so i suppose you could drown them...

Originally posted by hex
I feel where you're coming from Jake. My point is that there really can't be a "proven" way to kill something that doesn't really exist. It's like saying one religion holds more truth than another because it is more widely accepted.

How do you know they're not real? :D

Working on the presumption they are, it goes back to what I was saying before about trusting the one source. There are more sources to suggest that decapitation, stakes and fire are more reputably ways of killing a vampire as opposed to silver. That's all.

WILHELM -

Every time you write the world Vampire do you feel compelled to write 'Cainite'? :)

- The Jake

i also read somewhere that vampires cant swim, so i suppose you could drown them...

Nah man you forget. Vampires are undead, ergo they do not breathe.

My understanding is that they are said to fall into a comatose state if immersed in water. That would certainly make them easier to kill but not really all that helpful....

It's said that deep sea pressure might do the trick and literally crush them although we're talking extreme depth here.... ?

- The Jake

If you know any Vamps let me know, i'll be glad to stab the fuck out of them.

WILHELM -

Every time you write the world Vampire do you feel compelled to write 'Cainite'? :)

- The Jake [/B]

Yeah kinda sad huh?

Wilhelm

Just chiming in here, but if I remember right, most of the impaling options to kill a vampire (stake through the heart, iron nail through the head, etc.) were just some sort of symbolic way of "pinning" the thing to the soil of its grave. But most of the "vampires" that were killed in New England back in the day were just dismembered and burned though, I think. (keep it straightfroward, I guess)
Plus, if you buy into the newer "theories" that vampires are quasi-spirit creatures, anything with iron any it would hurt them because cold iron disrupts spirit energy.
...I dated a witch, okay?

There's a book out now called "Monsters" written by some "druid" guy named...er...let me check...John Michael Greer. It has some fairly interesting stuff in it you're into monster "theory", including a huge chapter on vampires. Interested parties might want to give it a look.

I must be really useful in your everyday life to know how to kill a fictional creature.

Out of curiosity, if bullets don't kill it..how about a fully automatic .50 cal, or a mrk19? Better yet...would the incredibly UNMAGICAL, UNMYSTICAL round of a 120mm mortar kill one? Hmm...looks like I'm squared away to kick even Blade's Grace Jone's lookin' ass.

MWAHAHAHAHA---...ah, fuck. Aint no vampies.

Originally posted by RangerFTL
Hmm...looks like I'm squared away to kick even Blade's Grace Jone's lookin' ass.

LMFAO, Grace Jones, oh fuck thats funny.

Originally posted by RangerFTL
I must be really useful in your everyday life to know how to kill a fictional creature.

Out of curiosity, if bullets don't kill it..how about a fully automatic .50 cal, or a mrk19? Better yet...would the incredibly UNMAGICAL, UNMYSTICAL round of a 120mm mortar kill one? Hmm...looks like I'm squared away to kick even Blade's Grace Jone's lookin' ass.

MWAHAHAHAHA---...ah, fuck. Aint no vampies.

Ok smartass, using your real world knowledge, tell me how you'd kill Rickson????

- The Jake

Eh? With modern technology, training, and equipment..my unit might provide enough time for the civilians to escape before launching a full-scale retrograde. He'd bound back by fire-teams, suppressing him before he can 'Choke' us...and eventually break contact by flashing huge pictures of Sakuraba at him.

A little technique we learned from our French allies called, "Le Surrender or retreate."

if anyone's bothered, chinese vampires are so lame they have to hop everywhere :D

and jake's right as far as silver = lycanthropes goes. the fact that it has been thought to have an effect on vampires, is because hollywood made a few films back in the early years where they cocked up the myths, and confused vampires and lycanthropes. hope this helps :D

what about that myth about vampires `they can enter your house or place it you don`t allow then to go in`..........it`s that true?......i mean is part of the vampires myth or just something we saw on movies and tv............?

Back