If you had the legal authority to kill anyone you wanted at any time would you do it?

Haha, no thanks. I honestly believe that there are things out there that society should be exposed to so that they can get a real idea of what things are actually like. Like a lot of other institutions, the military is the keeper of certain kinds of wisdom, and we all benefit when wisdom is shared. I certainly don't tell these stories to make it look like Rambo. I just want to give people a glimpse into that other world so that it can inform other decisions that they make or beliefs that they hold. After all, most people in this forum are from countries where you vote your leaders into office. Sometimes, those leaders start or become involved in wars. We should have an understanding of what that means.
Heh, it seems the people who are willing to tell stories are the ones who embellish things to make themselves look cool.

The people who would tell you things straight up are the ones who don't talk much about it.

I would lay waste to these forums, I can tell you.

young-adult-man-looks-at-camera-serious-with-a-tough-expression-in-the-face_ekg96ill__S0000.jpg

No, I would behave exactly the same as now. A coward is he who, freed from the consequences of his actions, acts differently than when he's forced to suffer them. Real men act in accordance with ideal that levitates high above them. They don't bother to calculate whether the result of their actions are favorable or not, they leave such indignities to lesser men.

The only people whom I would kill without a second thought are those who endanger me or my family and I don't need immunity from persecution for that. I would do it even if it would warrant my crucifixion.

Heh, it seems the people who are willing to tell stories are the ones who embellish things to make themselves look cool.

The people who would tell you things straight up are the ones who don't talk much about it.
Which is why I am more comfortable using an anonymous forum. Please note that my hypothetical example of whether or not to shoot the kids with the rocks was something that I faced when I was 23 years old as a Platoon Leader (officer for about 40 dudes) when I was in Iraq. I know what my decision was, and I will live with that decision for the rest of my life. But I won't tell you guys what I decided to do. That part isn't important, and quite frankly, it's none of your business.

I won't talk about this stuff in person unless it's with other guys who have done the dance themselves or about to go do the dance, with very few exceptions. I just also think that there's a massive disconnect between our civilian and military populations. Speaking frankly again, those who haven't served don't know a damn thing about war, what the "uncivilized" world is like, and in a lot of ways, about foreign policy. But you make up 99% of society, and you are the ones who vote for people who decide the future of our country. I think that we, as a military, have done a very poor job of educating you on the realities of the Middle East and military policy. Personally, I would prefer it if you could be spared some of those things because they aren't pretty, but I don't think that we can continue with that option and still be a successful country. Spare the rod, spoil the child, I'm afraid. That's something we are going to have to fix, or else you and your politicians will keep making uninformed decisions (and bad ones). I owe it to my brothers not to let this population of voters continue being so ignorant.

No, I would behave exactly the same as now. A coward is he who, freed from the consequences of his actions, acts differently than when he's forced to suffer them. Real men act in accordance with ideal that levitates high above them. They don't bother to calculate whether the result of their actions are favorable or not, they leave such indignities to lesser men.

The only people whom I would kill without a second thought are those who endanger me or my family and I don't need immunity from persecution for that. I would do it even if it would warrant my crucifixion.
Fuck your dumb ass post lol. you are so fucking full of your self and and are trying way too hard too sound noble.

Fuck your dumb ass post lol. you are so fucking full of your self and and are trying way too hard too sound noble.

No need to sound noble, I am noble. Not that you would know what that implies. You most likely mistook me for a Christian type.

Oh, and a word of advice. Double check your spelling and syntax before you click the post button. This way you look like a dumb, rustled individual which goes on to reinforce the interlocutor's sense of superiority.

No need to sound noble, I am noble. Not that you would know what that implies. You most likely mistook me for a Christian type.

Oh, and a word of advice. Double check your spelling and syntax before you click the post button. This way you look like a dumb, rustled individual which goes on to reinforce the interlocutor's sense of superiority.
kill your self.

Which is why I am more comfortable using an anonymous forum. Please note that my hypothetical example of whether or not to shoot the kids with the rocks was something that I faced when I was 23 years old as a Platoon Leader (officer for about 40 dudes) when I was in Iraq. I know what my decision was, and I will live with that decision for the rest of my life. But I won't tell you guys what I decided to do. That part isn't important, and quite frankly, it's none of your business.

I won't talk about this stuff in person unless it's with other guys who have done the dance themselves or about to go do the dance, with very few exceptions. I just also think that there's a massive disconnect between our civilian and military populations. Speaking frankly again, those who haven't served don't know a damn thing about war, what the "uncivilized" world is like, and in a lot of ways, about foreign policy. But you make up 99% of society, and you are the ones who vote for people who decide the future of our country. I think that we, as a military, have done a very poor job of educating you on the realities of the Middle East and military policy. Personally, I would prefer it if you could be spared some of those things because they aren't pretty, but I don't think that we can continue with that option and still be a successful country. Spare the rod, spoil the child, I'm afraid. That's something we are going to have to fix, or else you and your politicians will keep making uninformed decisions (and bad ones). I owe it to my brothers not to let this population of voters continue being so ignorant.
I respect that. I'm a sucker for a good story, though and I'm pretty sure there isn't much you can tell me that will shock me or anything. However, I understand if you may be a bit reticent when it comes to this topic.

Can I get a quality Predator suit and helmet?

If so, yes.

I think we should have mandatory military service in the US - what is your opinion?

I respect that. I'm a sucker for a good story, though and I'm pretty sure there isn't much you can tell me that will shock me or anything. However, I understand if you may be a bit reticent when it comes to this topic.
Depends on the story. Some stuff, I won't talk about at all. Some stuff, I will.

Here's a fun one that helps highlight some of our cultural differences a bit. It's a pretty good laugh. So we were going to meet this Afghan General (one of several for us that we would rotate through for meetings) for a monthly meeting. This was my first trip to Afghanistan, second deployment overall. This was also my first meeting with this General, so we wanted to really establish a good relationship. Myself and two other guys walk into the General's office to start this thing, and no shit, the General is leaning back on his desk, getting a blowie from this Afghan soldier. The soldier didn't look a day over 18, and needless to say, we were trying to keep it together. The obvious reaction that we wanted to vocalize was, "Dude, WTF!" As we walked in, both the General and the Soldier turned towards us. The Soldier, in embarrassment, leaps up and bolts out of the room. The General pulls up his pants like it's not big deal (nothing gay about getting your dick sucked, right?), comes over to greet us, and with the help of the translator, we start the meeting. As is customary, within 5 minutes of getting the meeting started, the Chai Boy brings in the tea for all of us. And guess who it is? It's the same Soldier who had the General's dick in his mouth. If you're the low man on the social pecking order, you end up sucking a lot of dick and taking a lot of dicks in the butt over there. You will really know if people don't like you, haha. Needless to say, on the ride back to our compound, this was the story being told amongst every truck. It was absolutely hysterical, and it's something that I still tell to people (obviously). In their culture, women are for babies, while men and boys are for pleasure. Seeing that firsthand like that was wild.

Did being forced to make such a decision compel you to contemplate concepts such as necessity, determinism and free will? I sure as hell know it would have such an effect on me.

I think we should have mandatory military service in the US - what is your opinion?
I disagree. I think mandatory service is probably a good idea, but not military service. Honestly, I don't want guys who don't want to be there covering my ass, you know? I want people who are going to commit to that job, doing it the best of their ability. Don't want to be there? Fine, go be an EMT, do Teach for America or be a full-time tutor, do a missionary assignment, be a Park Ranger, or whatever else that we collectively determine fits the bill. If you serve in the military, great. For them, we have the GI Bill because you gave something that others didn't. Equal pay for equal work, right? If you do more, then you get more. But for those uninterested in the military, I don't think it's good for them or for us to force them to be there.

Depends on the story. Some stuff, I won't talk about at all. Some stuff, I will.

Here's a fun one that helps highlight some of our cultural differences a bit. It's a pretty good laugh. So we were going to meet this Afghan General (one of several for us that we would rotate through for meetings) for a monthly meeting. This was my first trip to Afghanistan, second deployment overall. This was also my first meeting with this General, so we wanted to really establish a good relationship. Myself and two other guys walk into the General's office to start this thing, and no shit, the General is leaning back on his desk, getting a blowie from this Afghan soldier. The soldier didn't look a day over 18, and needless to say, we were trying to keep it together. The obvious reaction that we wanted to vocalize was, "Dude, WTF!" As we walked in, both the General and the Soldier turned towards us. The Soldier, in embarrassment, leaps up and bolts out of the room. The General pulls up his pants like it's not big deal (nothing gay about getting your dick sucked, right?), comes over to greet us, and with the help of the translator, we start the meeting. As is customary, within 5 minutes of getting the meeting started, the Chai Boy brings in the tea for all of us. And guess who it is? It's the same Soldier who had the General's dick in his mouth. If you're the low man on the social pecking order, you end up sucking a lot of dick and taking a lot of dicks in the butt over there. You will really know if people don't like you, haha. Needless to say, on the ride back to our compound, this was the story being told amongst every truck. It was absolutely hysterical, and it's something that I still tell to people (obviously). In their culture, women are for babies, while men and boys are for pleasure. Seeing that firsthand like that was wild.
Did you have to shake the General's hand?

Also, I know it would be rude to turn down the tea the General offered but I know you were wondering if that Chai Boy washed his hands before preparing.

I disagree. I think mandatory service is probably a good idea, but not military service. Honestly, I don't want guys who don't want to be there covering my ass, you know? I want people who are going to commit to that job, doing it the best of their ability. Don't want to be there? Fine, go be an EMT, do Teach for America or be a full-time tutor, do a missionary assignment, be a Park Ranger, or whatever else that we collectively determine fits the bill. If you serve in the military, great. For them, we have the GI Bill because you gave something that others didn't. Equal pay for equal work, right? If you do more, then you get more. But for those uninterested in the military, I don't think it's good for them or for us to force them to be there.
Aren't most of the jobs in the military non-combat "support" positions? Are they paid differently?

I often think about the civilian/military divide in this country and how we can build a more cohesive society.

Back