If you get drunk and throw up, do you still gain weight?

RedHorse

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I'm just curious how it works. I know those bulimic people don't get fat because they throw up not long after they eat, but what about alcohol? Is that like absorbed into your bloodstream so you have no chance of throwing up the calories or what? I don't have an eating disorder or anything, but sometimes I drink too much and I throw up at the end of the night. I'm just wondering if it's actually beneficial to my health. Is there a ratio or a limit to it? Actually, now that I think of it, if there's one time to be a bulimic, it's with alcohol. Think about it, get as drunk as you want and have fun for several hours, and then simply throw up before bed and it's like you never drank, how cool would that be? I guess it doesn't work like that, that's why I'm asking if there's a specific ratio or formula or something. How many hours does it have to be to not consume the calories, or is food and alcohol completely different in that aspect?

I'd be more worried about the damage vomiting can cause to your body than some meager amount of weight you might have lost.

I'd be more worried about the damage vomiting can cause to your body than some meager amount of weight you might have lost.

What kind of damage are we talking about? Actually, that's why I quit drinking liquor. When I used to drink liquor and I would get too drunk, I would have the worst hangovers in the world the next day. I'm not kidding, I've never met anyone with hangovers as bad as me. I'm not even exaggerating, but I would be literally dying for 8 hours or so and would throw up around 50 times. Every 10 mins or so I would have to throw up. I would drink water, then throw it up, then dry heave and throw up nothing but stomach acid. I don't know why my body gets such bad hangovers, but I stopped drinking liquor and only drink beer now and those terrible hangovers stopped.

but sometimes I drink too much and I throw up at the end of the night. I'm just wondering if it's actually beneficial to my health.

Keep it up every day and you will be ripped, 7% body fat and SICK abs.

Damage to your tooth enamel and gums. Dehydration. Erosion or perforation of the esophagus. People have died from being black out drunk and aspirating on their own vomit.

Damage to your tooth enamel and gums. Dehydration. Erosion or perforation of the esophagus. People have died from being black out drunk and aspirating on their own vomit.
Yeah but they looked good doing it.

If you had one drink, and immediately threw up, you probably would limit the amount of calories you took up.

If you drink 15 beers over the course of 5 hours, and throw up at the end of hour five, you are still going to absorb the calories from the drinks that were not in your stomach when you finally puked, so 13 or 14 beers.

What kind of damage are we talking about? Actually, that's why I quit drinking liquor. When I used to drink liquor and I would get too drunk, I would have the worst hangovers in the world the next day. I'm not kidding, I've never met anyone with hangovers as bad as me. I'm not even exaggerating, but I would be literally dying for 8 hours or so and would throw up around 50 times. Every 10 mins or so I would have to throw up. I would drink water, then throw it up, then dry heave and throw up nothing but stomach acid. I don't know why my body gets such bad hangovers, but I stopped drinking liquor and only drink beer now and those terrible hangovers stopped.

Sounds more like alcohol poisoning...

Sounds like mostly superficial stuff. I make sure I always drink a lot of water. Speaking of aspirating on their own vomit, that's how Jimi Hendrix died, right? Although I believe he was taking pills at the same time.

If you had one drink, and immediately threw up, you probably would limit the amount of calories you took up.

If you drink 15 beers over the course of 5 hours, and throw up at the end of hour five, you are still going to absorb the calories from the drinks that were not in your stomach when you finally puked, so 13 or 14 beers.

Ahh, that's me. 15 beers over the course of 5 hours haha. Actually now I only drink 8-10 because I'm drinking this extra strong 6.9% alcohol beer.

Sounds more like alcohol poisoning...

Is that it? Maybe I used to always drink until that point. I'm a stubborn person and I really don't know my own limits. When I'm drinking and get drunk, all I want to do is keep drinking and get drunker and drunker. I always push myself so hard. I guess that's why I feel it the next day.

What does the 10th beer accomplish that the 9th didn't? What you call not knowing your limits, most people would call lack of self control. It's dangerous territory.

If you get a boner do you gain weight because you increased your bodies total size?

If your wife had balls would she be your husband?

I'd be more worried about your alcohol problem.

Well, you will be free of the calories from things you throw up before you digest, alcohol or otherwise, but it's not exactly a recommended practice.

Aside from the damage to your teeth and esophagus and so on, you are basically initiating your body's emergency evacuation system to being seriously poisoned.

ya but do u get shredded brah

I actually wonder this sometimes. Barfing up my meal, does it mean I can re-eat my calories?

wow, i haven't thrown up from drinking too much since i was in high school. i don't know if that's good because i can handle my liquor, or bad because my tolerance is so high.

Back