If you get drunk and throw up, do you still gain weight?

wow, i haven't thrown up from drinking too much since i was in high school. i don't know if that's good because i can handle my liquor, or bad because my tolerance is so high.
You'll probably wanna up the dosage to find out.... for science

The fuck even am I reading rn??????

I'm just curious how it works. I know those bulimic people don't get fat because they throw up not long after they eat, but what about alcohol? Is that like absorbed into your bloodstream so you have no chance of throwing up the calories or what? I don't have an eating disorder or anything, but sometimes I drink too much and I throw up at the end of the night. I'm just wondering if it's actually beneficial to my health. Is there a ratio or a limit to it? Actually, now that I think of it, if there's one time to be a bulimic, it's with alcohol. Think about it, get as drunk as you want and have fun for several hours, and then simply throw up before bed and it's like you never drank, how cool would that be? I guess it doesn't work like that, that's why I'm asking if there's a specific ratio or formula or something. How many hours does it have to be to not consume the calories, or is food and alcohol completely different in that aspect?
FUCKING NO!

If you drink a bottle of rum and then eat 20 chicken mcnuggets, you will neither gain nor lose weight.

I was bulemic when I was actively drinking every day in my 20s. I stayed skinny as a rake. Now my teeth are fucked and I get a chest infection 4-5 times a year. Not advisable.

What does the 10th beer accomplish that the 9th didn't? What you call not knowing your limits, most people would call lack of self control. It's dangerous territory.

When I'm drunk, I love how I'm feeling and I just want that feeling to keep going, so I keep drinking. I figure the more I drink, the longer that feeling will last and the more fun I'll have and the happier I'll be. I thought everyone was like that? I don't really consciously think about it, I just keep drinking until I can't drink anymore. I guess that's not normal?

I just always figured that if you are capable of drinking more, then it means you're not drunk enough. So I always drank until I couldn't drink anymore. Maybe I should ease up on that. Thanks for the tips guys. I'm going to be a better person because of you all! Thank you :)

If I get too drunk, I also puke and then I feel a lot more sober and better. I am never pass out blackout drunk and throw up before that stage is reached.

Lol. I don't know if this thread is serious or not. If it is I don't really know what to think.

Take a mouthful of beer , swish it around a bit, then spit it out. Cut out the middleman, Mr. stomak.

if you need to drink until youre blackout drunk to have fun, you have deeper issues than the measly amount of weight youre scared you may have gained.

Whenever I get plastered enough to throw up. The next day I feel super sick but I am so dehydrated that I look super ripped.

I read somewhere that you still get the majority of those calories, despite puking it up later.

I'm just wondering if it's actually beneficial to my health.

Their is nothing beneficial to your health about throwing up, unless your throwing up cyanide that you accidentally injected.

The best means to achieve weight loss is a healthy diet and a solid work out plan. Throwing up will only make you mentaly and physically ill.

Regular user of these forums since 2007 and just came across this post through a Google search

I'm just curious how it works. I know those bulimic people don't get fat because they throw up not long after they eat, but what about alcohol? Is that like absorbed into your bloodstream so you have no chance of throwing up the calories or what? I don't have an eating disorder or anything, but sometimes I drink too much and I throw up at the end of the night. I'm just wondering if it's actually beneficial to my health. Is there a ratio or a limit to it? Actually, now that I think of it, if there's one time to be a bulimic, it's with alcohol. Think about it, get as drunk as you want and have fun for several hours, and then simply throw up before bed and it's like you never drank, how cool would that be? I guess it doesn't work like that, that's why I'm asking if there's a specific ratio or formula or something. How many hours does it have to be to not consume the calories, or is food and alcohol completely different in that aspect?
Liquid absorbs much faster than food.... not a good plan...

If you want to avoid the calories then you should butt chug.

something something Mallory Weiss tear and Wernicke's disease?

Back