If you ever feel like a MMA noob, just remember

Danis just tapped a HW bjj world champ, he has won many absolute golds- clearly you are a noob if you think jones is as talented on the mat as danis

Clearly you are a newb.

Did you even watch UFC 1 bro?

Danis destroys JBJ in a grappling match. Also, 181 pounds.

So if a noob is someone becoming a fan in mma. What do you call a fan who loses interest slowly after 11 years of watching ? Washed up ? Oh and even though i agree about Dannie supporters being noobs ...does that make conor a noob ?

yes...and how many smaller guys have won in the absolute divisions? AND, more relevant to this discussion, how many of them beat someone of Jones' size, skill, strength, and athleticism?

right.
PLENTY of 185 lbs guys and smaller have beat WAY heavier men in the absolute divisions, AND those men have been SEVERAL LEVELS above Jones in grappling.

PLENTY of 185 lbs guys and smaller have beat WAY heavier men in the absolute divisions, AND those men have been SEVERAL LEVELS above Jones in grappling.
That's why Jon is a world champion on a larger platform, who has never been submitted and has a history of smashing middleweights?

Dillon would get raped. He'd get tossed like Cesar salad, crucified, then key locked.

That's why Jon is a world champion on a larger platform, who has never been submitted and has a history of smashing middleweights?

Dillon would get raped. He'd get tossed like Cesar salad, crucified, then key locked.
Really, which large no gi grappling platform is Jones champion on?

Make it 3.

Honestly, I'd probably bet on Jon when I see them next to each other, but I still think you're giving too much respect to size and not enough to elite bjj technique.

I'd love to see Jones and Maia roll too. Do you just assume Jones mounts him? Guillotine?

It's not that wild a thought at all.

Jones would probably be capable of stalling him out, but I don't think he would submit him, and definitely would not dominate him.

I am aware that many lighter weight guys have won absolute divisions in BJJ and ADCC tourneys...but it is neither the norm, nor always do those wins always come against bigger guys. I think it is fair to say that it is the exception, no?

I am not saying it can't happen. Of course Danis (small, by MW standards) could beat a huge LHW Jon Jones (HW, when not cutting) in grappling match. Is it a given? Certainly not. Is it even probable? IMHO, no.

Of course Danis has nothing to lose by making his comment on social media. It would be a coup for him to score a high profile grappling match against Jones. The fact we are even talking about it is a win for Danis, who is *clearly* following the Conor playbook on self-promotion at this point, even borrowing his own "beg me" phrase.

Last edited:
Rousey could beat anyone under the right circumstances, don't ya know
The circumstances being that Cain is heavily sedated and physically restrained

But yes, I suppose she could do it

Blame Lesnar and Conors gimmicks for bringing over all the WWE fans.
Made our lives a living hell on here.

yea i mean back in the day of bob sapp era we only had hardcore fans who appreciated skill

jfg86u.gif

lol people like you are dumb as shit

Last edited:
Do you believe that Danis would be favoured against Jones in a grappling match? That is ultimately the question here.

I am aware that many lighter weight guys have won absolute divisions in BJJ and ADCC tourneys, but it is neither the norm nor always against bigger guys. A number of absolute wins by smaller guys have come against guys in their own weight class. The point is that it is the exception, not the norm.

I am not saying it can't happen. Of course Danis (a small MW, at best) *could* beat a 220+lbs. Jon Jones in grappling match. Is it a given, or even probable? I don't think so.

Of course Danis has nothing to lose by making his comment on social media. It would be a coup for him to score a high profile grappling match against Jones. The fact we are even talking about it is a win for Danis, who is *clearly* following the Conor playbook on self-promotion at this point, even borrowing his own "beg me" phrase.

I would love to see a 100% statistical breakdown of these "situations". I have seen a couple of them, and I have NEVER seen a submission grappler compete in the absolute division "exclusively".

I always wondered about the reason/ rational. It isn't like you could NOT have had a "similar" situation in the K-1 WGP/ Max tournament setup where you took some of the WGP tourny competitors (after three fights getting the F beat out of them by HW's!) on deaths door get tooled by a dominant Max fighter gifted three walkovers at 70KG, to win by forfeit.

It seems like a HUGE disadvantage for a HW submission grappler to have to face several HW grapplers leading into an absolute match against than the smaller guy going against other smaller guys to get there!

I feel like a noob everytime I recall riding my bike to the video rental store to get a VHS copy of UFC 2. I didn't even watch it live.
That's O.G right there man! But we felt the same way when I watched pride on DVD instead of live. It was still an organization when I did this and I had watched UFC for a while but when my buddy showed me a highlight of Shogun and Wand soccer/ stomping random Asian into Bolivia I felt like the world's biggest noob. It also gave me the biggest violencerection ever though.

Clearly you are a newb.

Did you even watch UFC 1 bro?

Danis destroys JBJ in a grappling match. Also, 181 pounds.
im guessing you are going to come back with your 4 other usernames and post more dumb shit as you always do..u dumb hoe

diaz 2-0

yes...and how many smaller guys have won in the absolute divisions? AND, more relevant to this discussion, how many of them beat someone of Jones' size, skill, strength, and athleticism?

right.
It's possible if the skill gap is big enough, but not easy. In pure BJJ though I could see smaller world champion level guys beating a guy like Jones

Who the fuck is Dillon Denis?
I haven't been on much this month. these sherdog hype jobs blindside me every time. each one outdoing the outlandishness of the last.

I would love to see a 100% statistical breakdown of these "situations". I have seen a couple of them, and I have NEVER seen a submission grappler compete in the absolute division "exclusively".

I always wondered about the reason/ rational. It isn't like you could NOT have had a "similar" situation in the K-1 WGP/ Max tournament setup where you took some of the WGP tourny competitors (after three fights getting the F beat out of them by HW's!) on deaths door get tooled by a dominant Max fighter gifted three walkovers at 70KG, to win by forfeit.

It seems like a HUGE disadvantage for a HW submission grappler to have to face several HW grapplers leading into an absolute match against than the smaller guy going against other smaller guys to get there!

I edited my post that you quoted, but it is largely the same.

I would like to see a detailed analysis as well. It would take a long time to go through all the BJJ and ADCC absolute brackets over the years, and take into account the context of each matchup, what happened in prior matchups, etc., but it would be much preferable than just looking at results and drawing conclusions from there.

It's possible if the skill gap is big enough, but not easy. In pure BJJ though I could see smaller world champion level guys beating a guy like Jones

I think you hit the nail on the head - the skill gap is what matters. Jones is no n00b and has other qualities that are relevant to this debate.

I think that Jones' size, strength, experience, and athleticism would compensate for whatever gap in pure BJJ exists between he and someone like Danis.

Back