• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If you do not like or respect Ken Shamrock after this video. Take a look at this

War Shamrock

20050226001049.jpg

According to most MMA fighters you have to apply that same ridiculous logic to 80-90% of all MMA fighters.

Though we seem to relish in bashing the guys that got caught vs. the ones that managed to beat the tests. Trust me. Far more fighters have beaten the tests than have gotten caught.

According to Dan TRT Henderson the only fighter in the history of MMA that might not have, just maybe not, taken steroids would be Fedor...maybe.

But what would Dan Henderson know about what MMA fighters do to stay in the game....

you convinced me with all the proof you provided

wait

The ones who have shit on Shamrock don't know anything about the sport or weren't around until MMA became 'so hot right now'. Even if you don't like Ken, you have to admire him as a pioneer of the sport, I still get chills when I think of hearing the name 'Shamrock' back in the day, Ken was an absolute killer.

What's the point of taking steroids and pretending to be a mixed-martial artist? I don't see how a steroid abuser can communicates with his inner strength, the guy doesn't even uses his intelligence to fight better he simply out-beast his opponent...

What's the point of taking steroids and pretending to be a mixed-martial artist? I don't see how a steroid abuser can communicates with his inner strength, the guy doesn't even uses his intelligence to fight better he simply out-beast his opponent...

I agree that it goes against the basic principals but when guys that literally grew up learning Martial Arts (like Royce) are caught, it just shows no matter how well learned you are, you (can) have doubts about yourself.

I mean he grew up in a household that programmed him with the message that their art was/is the greatest and so on. Still he had doubts enough to start cheating.
One could argue that his body was not reacting like it should but then he should not have taken the fight.

Maybe some of them start using by the logic that everybody else is using.

I like ken and respect his competitiveness .....altho he was a roider

The guy was a catch wrestler before fighting Gracie. He wasn't clueless when it came to grappling. Not all grappling is "BJJ"

was also the first pro wrestler to mma fighter in the ufc

no it is not the point of shitting on has beens....

this guy has legitametly been there and he has done that and he will do it all again. (given the chances he had)

ken is a fucking legend that needs that respect.

the neewbs laugh at his name, without knowing his background. where he came from. what he has done. and what he has seen.

sometimes i just go white with rage. yes. it is stupid and sad to be so invested emotionally in a fighter. but ken needs that respect.

Ken really needs to be selective on things that he talks about. At times he sounds brilliant and other times he is trying to fight a war of words he can't win he sounds silly. It is these times I think people get their fuel from.

Ken was an awesome heavyweight but the cut to 205 killed his cardio, strength etc. Tito made Ken come down to 205 for a reason and it is the same reason Tito is making excuses for Cyborg not being able to make the cut. Can she? sure she can but she may not be in the best shape as she is at 145.

Ken's legacy should always be remembered for his fights at heavyweight and for being one of the pioneers of the sport. He just kind of got lost in his infatuation in trying to shut up Tito in his UFC team (Lions Den) feud with him. The Shamrock video they had on him back in the 90s was pretty well done.

That video put me to sleep

So inspira...zzzzzzzzzzz

Frye was high on painkillers against Ken Shamrock. Ken almost twisted Fryes ankle OFF

The biggest reasons Ken gets shit on by people is because he's been known to be an asshole to fans outside of the sport and he talks a TON of shit (horrible trash talker) and rarely backs it up! I don't think many dispute that he's one of the pioneers

Back