• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If you do not like or respect Ken Shamrock after this video. Take a look at this

dildos

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Hey guys,

some of you may have seen this over time, it is worth posting and sharing and it helps tell the story of Ken Shamrock.

I see some of the newer posters laugh at and dismiss Ken for a lot less then what he is worth and seriously that hurts a bit...

The legend has been around for ever, through the dark times and he was involved in one of the highest purchased ppvs ever.

So sit back and enjoy the ride, which is the life of Ken Shamrock.

Some of you cats may have not seen this amazing video of the fight Frye Vs Shamrock at Pride 19 in 2002... but this is one of the best fights you will see which incorporates the fundamentals of MMA.

Last edited:
People like to shit on has beens. Don't get to bent out of shape over it.

Is normal.

I ran into him several times at a local gym a few months ago. Really nice guy.

no it is not the point of shitting on has beens....

this guy has legitametly been there and he has done that and he will do it all again. (given the chances he had)

ken is a fucking legend that needs that respect.

the neewbs laugh at his name, without knowing his background. where he came from. what he has done. and what he has seen.

sometimes i just go white with rage. yes. it is stupid and sad to be so invested emotionally in a fighter. but ken needs that respect.

Shamrock helped shape MMA let's be honest ! Imagine what he could have done if he started training bjj when he started fighting. If he had a good boxing coach when he started fighting. Would have crushed gracie worse than hughs did.

Shamrock helped shape MMA let's be honest ! Imagine what he could have done if he started training bjj when he started fighting. If he had a good boxing coach when he started fighting. Would have crushed gracie worse than hughs did.

The guy was a catch wrestler before fighting Gracie. He wasn't clueless when it came to grappling. Not all grappling is "BJJ"

no it is not the point of shitting on has beens....

this guy has legitametly been there and he has done that and he will do it all again. (given the chances he had)

ken is a fucking legend that needs that respect.

the neewbs laugh at his name, without knowing his background. where he came from. what he has done. and what he has seen.

sometimes i just go white with rage. yes. it is stupid and sad to be so invested emotionally in a fighter. but ken needs that respect.

Most of the newbs on here who shit on legends are bitter little losers in real life and need an outlet like the internet... the less attention you give them the better.

As for Ken, I was never much of a fan but I give the man his due respect.

Jamell/Idonotbelieveit/Fujita has really mellowed out.
He was always the first one to make a comment in any Ken thread.

It was very interesting to watch until he started to spew the Jesus bullshit.

Up to about UFC 7 or so it was Shamrock that was doing all the TV/radio interviews to promote the sport, when everyone was calling for a ban etc. It wasn't Dana fucking White that saved it in the early days, Shamrock did as much or more than anyone in the early days. I think thats why he still feels disrespected by Dana and company, they have a short memory.

He had me until the religious crap...Born agains are so preachy with religion.
It's good to see he found some level of peace though.

Hey guys,

some of you may have seen this over time, it is worth posting and sharing and it helps tell the story of Ken Shamrock.

I see some of the newer posters laugh at and dismiss Ken for a lot less then what he is worth and seriously that hurts a bit...

The legend has been around for ever, through the dark times and he was involved in one of the highest purchased ppvs ever.

So sit back and enjoy the ride, which is the life of Ken Shamrock.

Some of you cats may have not seen this amazing video of the fight Frye Vs Shamrock at Pride 19 in 2002... but this is one of the best fights you will see which incorporates the fundamentals of MMA.

I was a big a fan as they get and still like ken but one day I realized I was a blind nut hugger. No he didn't suck but its hard to say he was every really that good when he was twice the size of a lot of his opponents and juiced off his balls. He has a good leg lock game and seemed to have decent wrestling. With pancrase we have no idea what was legit vs work and Bas rutten didn't even have a ground game back then. He fought not to lose against gracie making no attempt to break guard. I'd say his biggest accomplishment was choking dan severn.

Up to about UFC 7 or so it was Shamrock that was doing all the TV/radio interviews to promote the sport, when everyone was calling for a ban etc. It wasn't Dana fucking White that saved it in the early days, Shamrock did as much or more than anyone in the early days. I think thats why he still feels disrespected by Dana and company, they have a short memory.

Yeah I tend to side with Ken on that. He did a lot for the sport and got quickly forgotten as yesterdays news. They could have at least let him finish his contract. If they felt he was doing bad, they should have given him easier opponents than a semi prime tito.

That was a fight, balls to the wall. As Don would later admit, he took a bunch of pain killers, as he usually did before fights, and that was the only reason he didn't tap. He limped back into his corner but the pain wasn't that bad until he got back to his hotel room and he could barely sleep all night. Frye has admitted he was addicted to pain killers for a while due to that fight with Shamrock as both his ankles were messed up badly.

About Ken Shamrock, he was the one that went to bat for the UFC during the mid/late 90s to get it regulated, to keep it legal and alive. In the early 2000s, it was his fued with Ortiz that helped keep the sport alive. They even went on the BDSSP to promote the fight.

> legend
> steroid user

pick one

According to most MMA fighters you have to apply that same ridiculous logic to 80-90% of all MMA fighters.

Though we seem to relish in bashing the guys that got caught vs. the ones that managed to beat the tests. Trust me. Far more fighters have beaten the tests than have gotten caught.

According to Dan TRT Henderson the only fighter in the history of MMA that might not have, just maybe not, taken steroids would be Fedor...maybe.

But what would Dan Henderson know about what MMA fighters do to stay in the game....

I am not a new poster or new MMA fan.

I started watching MMA in the mid 90's, with UFC 5 being my first event.
I started training BJJ in the late 90's.

I hate Ken Shamrock. His book, Inside the Lion's Den, was the most self-aggrandizing pile of horseshit I've ever read.
He was a big, strong guy with rudimentary submission grappling technique at a time when most competitors had no grappling technique.
If you really want to laugh, look at the techniques section in Inside the Lion's Den. He demonstrates a hilarious way to get an armbar when your opponent is on top of you in side control!

He claims to have dropped out of UFC 3 because Royce dropped out. Yet he was CARRIED from the cage by two teammates after his fight against a prison guard named Felix Lee Mitchell.
Which is it? He was hurt (easy to believe) or he intentionally sabotaged an early UFC event by dropping out because his personal vendetta was not going to be fulfilled? If the latter, no way he should be in the HOF.
His fight against Fujita has got to be one of the most embarrassing displays ever put on by a "top" MMA fighter. Some might call that QUITTING.

Let's resolve to stop dismissing anyone who doesn't like or appreciate Ken Shamrock as a noob who doesn't understand how great he was.
He may be a "legend" to some, but he became a legend under false pretenses.
Not sure why he fought Tito 3x. Or why he ran his mouth so much before each fight.
He did some stuff in Pancrase, but those were the days when many of those matches were fixed. Read what Frank has to say about early Pancrase.
Mikey Burnett told stories about what a bully Ken was in the Lion's Den. About how he'd come up behind him while Burnett was fixing food in the kitchen and just choke him unconscious for no reason. What a model martial artist...
Ken was in several UFC tournaments and he failed to appear in the finals of any of them.

I am not a new poster or new MMA fan.

I started watching MMA in the mid 90's, with UFC 5 being my first event.
I started training BJJ in the late 90's.

I hate Ken Shamrock. His book, Inside the Lion's Den, was the most self-aggrandizing pile of horseshit I've ever read.
He was a big, strong guy with rudimentary submission grappling technique at a time when most competitors had no grappling technique.
If you really want to laugh, look at the techniques section in Inside the Lion's Den. He demonstrates a hilarious way to get an armbar when your opponent is on top of you in side control!

He claims to have dropped out of UFC 3 because Royce dropped out. Yet he was CARRIED from the cage by two teammates after his fight against a prison guard named Felix Lee Mitchell.
Which is it? He was hurt (easy to believe) or he intentionally sabotaged an early UFC event by dropping out because his personal vendetta was not going to be fulfilled? If the latter, no way he should be in the HOF.
His fight against Fujita has got to be one of the most embarrassing displays ever put on by a "top" MMA fighter. Some might call that QUITTING.

Let's resolve to stop dismissing anyone who doesn't like or appreciate Ken Shamrock as a noob who doesn't understand how great he was.
He may be a "legend" to some, but he became a legend under false pretenses.
Not sure why he fought Tito 3x. Or why he ran his mouth so much before each fight.
He did some stuff in Pancrase, but those were the days when many of those matches were fixed. Read what Frank has to say about early Pancrase.
Mikey Burnett told stories about what a bully Ken was in the Lion's Den. About how he'd come up behind him while Burnett was fixing food in the kitchen and just choke him unconscious for no reason. What a model martial artist...
Ken was in several UFC tournaments and he failed to appear in the finals of any of them.

Apart from those little tidbits... you are a fan?

> legend
> steroid user

pick one

lol says the derp with the Jon Jones still #1 p4p in his sig. I wonder how Jonsey's T/E levels are doing these days, he might have a rough timee in prison if he still has the testosterone levels of a 12 yo girl

Back