Social If you could stay in one era which would it be?

Alphaboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If you could be stuck in any time period from the past to today, which would it be?

Let's say the culture doesn't change; the slang, the popular music, the fashion, and the technology, etc. It never evolves.

So the 90s, you'd be stuck with Boy Bands, highlight hair and frosted tips, AOL instant messenger.

The 2000s, you'd have popped collar polos, archaic social media sites like thefacebook, and worse of all no WMMA.

https%3A%2F%2Fb-i.forbesimg.com%2Fgreatspeculations%2Ffiles%2F2013%2F07%2F0cKD5Zj8iV3dV_112030.jpg

80s with cool rock songs with electric guitars and huge record players and every chick is dressed like this more or less:

985dc867f544dd600150465133bfca65.jpg

50s, a few tv channels in black and white, suits and fedoras, cheerleaders with ankle-long skirts, people saying "swell" etc.

You get the point. Which time period would you pick and why?

If anyone has seen the Black Mirror Episode - San Junipero, that's exactly what I'm talking about.

Post MySpace but pre Twitter for me.

Late 2000s to early 2010s maybe?

Was a good balance of technology and internet culture without it being all-consuming like it is today.

There are too many conveniences that I take for granted to really consider anything before the turn of the millennia, though the 80s seem like it would be fun because it really was the height of pop culture. Mid 2000s were chill but had some pretty awful baggy fashion, while the Instagram era is pretty depressing IMO.

Post MySpace but pre Twitter for me.

Around 2009ish? That was a good time. Moms and aunties just started joining Facebook and sending everyone Farmville requests.

Probably the 80's. It's tempting to say the 2000's if it meant I never aged past my mid 20's

The Viking Age

images

I'm not gonna lie, I can't imagine living in those days marked by hand to hand combat... where you go to sleep (if you can sleep) knowing in the morning you're gonna be fighting someone and may die or get sliced up badly.

Late 2000s to early 2010s maybe?

Was a good balance of technology and internet culture without it being all-consuming like it is today.

There are too many conveniences that I take for granted to really consider anything before the turn of the millennia, though the 80s seem like it would be fun because it really was the height of pop culture. Mid 2000s were chill but had some pretty awful baggy fashion, while the Instagram era is pretty depressing IMO.

I wouldn't miss the snapchat filters, mumble rap, and cringey tik tok videos, but the technology was more than sufficient. iPhone gen 1 came out in 2007 if one reaaaally had to have an smartphone

I'm not gonna lie, I can't imagine living in those days marked by hand to hand combat... where you go to sleep (if you can sleep) knowing in the morning you're gonna be fighting someone and may die or get sliced up badly.
That's a reflection on you.
I, and most sherdoggers, would thrive in that environment. The only possible injury i could suffer would be RSI from swanging my sword into so many fools noggins.

Probably the 80's. It's tempting to say the 2000's if it meant I never aged past my mid 20's

1985-1995

It wouldn't be tough to give up the internet and all that?

People are freaking out now over the lockdown with a million programs on TV, the internet, and countless pronz.

Can you imagine if we had 5 channels (or however many there were), no internet, and 2d pong on your Atari? Lol.

Right now man. We live in the best times in human history.

Probably the prime Seagal era 1988-1992

Above the Law
Hard to Kill
Marked for Death
Out for Justice
Under Siege

Read it and weep

2000-2009 the best time in my life and
physical media and the internet co-exsited.

It wouldn't be tough to give up the internet and all that?

People are freaking out now over the lockdown with a million programs on TV, the internet, and countless pronz.

Can you imagine if we had 5 channels (or however many there were), no internet, and 2d pong on your Atari? Lol.

Well Aol started around early mid 90s so Id catch the beginning of that I guess but I spent most of my childhood without it so its not that foreign of a concept to me. I actually kinda miss not having everything so easily accessable, having to go out and get things or find stuff used to be more of an adventure.
Plus I miss record stores and video stores, I miss going to the mall and people handing out flyers n trying to in person sell you on their band.
Plus shit was still kind of dangerous, in a fun. way.

There were more than 5 channels and it worked if theres nothing on, we went outside or everyone got together and watched what was on, made things seem like more of an event cuz EVERYONE was watching.

Btw NES came out in 1985 And Snes in 1991
Genesis some time in between. Id be fine with those consoles then or now.

Back