If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Ever tried Korean beef barbeque?

• Total voters
Are they over with their cheese craze?

Hell, no. It's getting worse.
Feature-e1484697097295.jpg

My mother had a great time when she was diagnosed terminal. She had high cholesterol and diabetes. Her oncologist told her to do whatever the hell she wanted. It was stuff like the picture above, every night. Koreans have addictive tendencies.

Hell, no. It's getting worse.
Feature-e1484697097295.jpg

My mother had a great time when she was diagnosed terminal. She had high cholesterol and diabetes. Her oncologist told her to do whatever the hell she wanted. It was stuff like the picture above, every night. Koreans have addictive tendencies.
Sorry about your mom but those pictures.

umm-wait.gif

I'm in korea rn and there's lots of good stuff but also a lot of stuff that's hard to get used too. For one a lot of stuff that would be considered weird in the western world is eaten here. They eat a wider variety of animals here and eat pretty much every part of an animal including stuff like intestines, brain, face etc.. Also chicken feet are super popular.

As for the korean beef bbq I have not been blown away but the chicken is super good. Buddae jjigae is really good too.

Now Pizza for the most part is pretty terrible (imo). There's some acceptable places tho. One thing super common is corn on pizza (whether you ask for it or not) they just put it on pizza like it belongs there.. Can't have pizza without corn! Also they make a lot of food sweet that imo has no business being sweet, garlic bread for example is super sweet.

Of course this is just a cultural difference, different palettes and what not. If I grew up in korea maybe I'd enjoy korn on pizza and be able to handle ridiculously spicy food that feels more like torture than a meal.

I'm in korea rn and there's lots of good stuff but also a lot of stuff that's hard to get used too. For one a lot of stuff that would be considered weird in the western world is eaten here. They eat a wider variety of animals here and eat pretty much every part of an animal including stuff like intestines, brain, face etc.. Also chicken feet are super popular.

As for the korean beef bbq I have not been blown away but the chicken is super good. Buddae jjigae is really good too.

Now Pizza for the most part is pretty terrible (imo). There's some acceptable places tho. One thing super common is corn on pizza (whether you ask for it or not) they just put it on pizza like it belongs there.. Can't have pizza without corn! Also they make a lot of food sweet that imo has no business being sweet, garlic bread for example is super sweet.

Of course this is just a cultural difference, different palettes and what not. If I grew up in korea maybe I'd enjoy korn on pizza and be able to handle ridiculously spicy food that feels more like torture than a meal.

Their food culture is definitely over the top these days. Totally different from when I lived there. There really wasn't much when it came to western food. My mother made a decent profit selling groceries that she bought on base. Then, there's the fact that they aren't having kids (disposable income). So, every night is a banquet or party.

If the impact of the food isn't changed, lamb.

If the food can magically become healthy, chocolate cereal.

Cá kho tộ nước dừa ~ Braised fish pot
Catfish filet braised with fresh coconut juice.

From Tamarind Tree in Seattle. It wins.

Do I get rice?

Honorary Mention: Deep Fried Halibut, no specific origin.

my diet daily;
Egg cheese bacon & sausage with 2x whole grain bread.... im not even fat lol

tomato.jpg
Are they over with their cheese craze?
It's still there I guess? They adopted American style of cheese. I think everything is cheddar(white/yellow) or shredded Mozzarella. I had it at the airport on bbq meat and rice. Not going to lie. It was delicious but it could be I was on a flight for a long time.

This is the weird sweet stuff I am talking about. It makes no sense.

Last edited:
Back