If you could go to any country and train any combat sport, where would you go?

It's quite disputed my friend lol. I can throw in the isolated region of Kermanshah in Iran and I bet that the Dagestanis would feel inferior. Please, you can't even put forth arguments based on facts, you're a very limited person who discusses through feelings and arbitrary bullshit - just like a woman. Get a grip bro.
Dagestan has won more medals last world championships than iran did in last 3 world championships. alone.

Best freestyle wrestler of all time is trained in dagestan. a chechen born and trained in dagestan.

It's quite disputed my friend lol. I can throw in the isolated region of Kermanshah in Iran and I bet that the Dagestanis would feel inferior. Please, you can't even put forth arguments based on facts, you're a very limited person who discusses through feelings and arbitrary bullshit - just like a woman. Get a grip bro.
Iran 10 gold
Russia 30 gold

russia has 3 times more gold medals than iran. population isnt even double and they have 3 times more gold medals.

I see now that you don't even have a clue of what you are talking about. WC in wrestling is insignificant, it's all about the olympics. You have Sweden, Hungary and Japan in the top 10 list.

I'm European but I like USA for the quality of the training facilities at good MMA gyms. Also USA is cheaper to live in than most European cities.

That said on a pure martial arts basis, I love Thailand.
I love to train traditional muay thai in a hot jungle. Nothing can really beat these training conditions.

In the next years I will probably go to Kodokan as a trainee for a couple of months. A bed in a dormitory is around 30 bucks/ day.

Judo was my first sport, I've trained with Olympians in my country but I didn't had the talent to make something out of it.

Going to Japan is more a sentimental thing, as I can get good training where I'm from and don't intend to practice this sport after 40- 45 anyway.

Canada obviously. I want to learn that Ape Technique from Georges.

Dagestan obviously have the best wrestlers on earth... but I sure as hell wouldn't wanna go and live there

Sumo in Japan. That sweet train, eat and sleep lifestyle. Also swag outfits and haircut.

iu

Winner. Mad thread TS.

Done MT in Thailand, strongly recommend. Provided you knew basic Portuguese it would be mad to live in Rio during the summer and surf and train Bjj and eat acai. I know mates that went to China to learn Kung Fu in the mountains, learn Mandarin for a few months and they loved it. After seeing Cains video and speaking to a bloke from Senegal last weekend, the wrestling scene there is no joke so would def like to check that out one day. Krav Maga in Israel would be dope as fuck too. Unsure if you would need to learn Hebrew though.

If you want to learn traditional uselss or fake martial arts, you can go to China or Japan yes.

Judo in Russia and Wrestling in Iran are my two picks. I wouldn't pick any soy options.

Nice, Ive done the Cuban boxing thing.
I went to El Gymnasio de Boxeo in Havana and trained with boxers from different parts of the world that had traveled to train there. I got to work with a 2x National Cuban Champ everyday I was there and his skills were extra ordinary. I sparred boxers from China and France there.

Gym is busted up concrete floors, sessions were 4-5 hrs daily, two busted up heavy bags, a boxing ring that barely stood, and only one single rusty mirror that you could shadow box in front of. I felt so bad that after I just left all my gear to coach my last day as a donation to the gym as they have nothing.

I still have all the techniques I learned there written down in notes.

If you want to learn traditional uselss or fake martial arts, you can go to China or Japan yes.

Judo in Russia and Wrestling in Iran are my two picks. I wouldn't pick any soy options.
You would train Judo in Russia but not in Japan because they only train fake martial arts... are you for real with that statement? Because you sound hella stupid right now

I'd go to one of the bars in my town and learn the good ole fashioned wild swinging

I would like to go to ancient Rome and train as a gladiator!?1?

Stiking : France because they have Savate ,and Savate is the most underatted Striking science ever ,and it would improve a lot MMA Striking if guys stop only learn flat footed stiff muay thaï that it not suit for MMA.
They also have high level kickboxing

Wrestling : USA or Russia

Boxing : Cuba

Grappling : USA to learn catch Wrestling ,wich is more effective in MMA than BJJ

Nice, Ive done the Cuban boxing thing.
I went to El Gymnasio de Boxeo in Havana and trained with boxers from different parts of the world that had traveled to train there. I got to work with a 2x National Cuban Champ everyday I was there and his skills were extra ordinary. I sparred boxers from China and France there.

Gym is busted up concrete floors, sessions were 4-5 hrs daily, two busted up heavy bags, a boxing ring that barely stood, and only one single rusty mirror that you could shadow box in front of. I felt so bad that after I just left all my gear to coach my last day as a donation to the gym as they have nothing.

I still have all the techniques I learned there written down in notes.

Your experience in Cuba sounds a lot like the Romanza boxing gym in Mexico City - I only trained there for a week but was a very cool experience - decrepit old equipment and ring but with pics of the Marquez brothers, de la Hoya and others they had trained on the wall. Nacho Beristain actually walked in while I was training and asked his assistant who the "schmuck in the corner hitting the heavy bag" was. They also had fighters from Japan training there that week.

I learned to box in the U.S. but the Mexican style is different - they stand with a wide stance completely sideways to the opponent. The assistant kept correcting my stance when he was holding pads for me but I wasn't there long enough to get used to it. But it's clearly worked for Mexican boxers.

Does the Cuban boxing style have any major differences to U.S. boxing? I know they're right up there with Mexico and the U.S. in terms of international success.

I talked to this Indian guy at work a couple days ago and he was telling me how there's a huge Kyokushin Karate scene in Bombay nowadays. Pretty interesting stuff.

Eat your heart out VICE Documentaries.

You would train Judo in Russia but not in Japan because they only train fake martial arts... are you for real with that statement? Because you sound hella stupid right now
He is extremely pathetic.

Back