If you could go to any country and train any combat sport, where would you go?

I'd be happy to spend my whole life training kickboxing and smoking weed in Netherlands. Amsterdam's a beautiful city.

IMHO the results in the cage point to the following order:
1- Sambo in Russia;
2- Wrestling in USA;
3- BJJ in Rio de Janeiro;
4- Kickboxing in the Netherlands;
5- Boxing in the UK (...or Nigeria?);
6- Muay Thai in Thailand.

Judo in Japan.
Always wanted to learn high-level old-school Judo. Did Judo as a kid but my coach was a hack.

Switched to BJJ cuz there are actual gyms with world champion instructors here.

Cool thread btw
What exactly do you think bjj is? Old school judo.

Muay thai in Thailand
Wrestling in Iran
Bjj in Cali
Sambo in Russia
wrestling in dagestan > wrestling in iran. you trying to sound sophisticated. dagestan/russia is way more decorated than iran.

I would go to Nigeria and work in a sand mine for a couple years and get huge then I would probably go to the states

IMHO the results in the cage point to the following order:
1- Sambo in Russia;
2- Wrestling in USA;
3- BJJ in Rio de Janeiro;
4- Kickboxing in the Netherlands;
5- Boxing in the UK (...or Nigeria?);
6- Muay Thai in Thailand.
boxing USA = number is 1.
wrestling = russia is number 1.

If you want the best results over experience then obviously USA or Dagestan.

Israel and train krav maga with the soldiers.

Okinawa, Japan, of course...

tumblr_msup0poCP11sh547so1_400.gif

giphy.gif

wrestling in dagestan > wrestling in iran. you trying to sound sophisticated. dagestan/russia is way more decorated than iran.

How am I trying to sound sophisticated when connecting Iran to wrestling, you can't deny that Iran is a major player in the wrestling world.

Let's look at stats for wrestling:
Iran has (i) 20 gold medals, (ii) 22 silver medals, and (iii) 23 bronze medals, from the olympics (in total 65). This is only from 1979 (after the revolution) and further.
Russia has (i) 30 gold medals, (ii) 11 silver medlas, and (iii) 15 bronze medals, from the olympics (in total 56). This is counted from 1952 further.

NOTE: Iran has a population of approximately 80 million and Russia has approximately 145 million.

Sorry that I was, but I hope that the stats' are not too sophisticated for you.

Probably in a Shaolin monastery or Wudang temple to learn the mystic arts of Kung-Fu.

How am I trying to sound sophisticated when connecting Iran to wrestling, you can't deny that Iran is a major player in the wrestling world.

Let's look at stats for wrestling:
Iran has (i) 20 gold medals, (ii) 22 silver medals, and (iii) 23 bronze medals, from the olympics (in total 65). This is only from 1979 (after the revolution) and further.
Russia has (i) 30 gold medals, (ii) 11 silver medlas, and (iii) 15 bronze medals, from the olympics (in total 56). This is counted from 1952 further.

NOTE: Iran has a population of approximately 80 million and Russia has approximately 145 million.

Sorry that I was, but I hope that the stats' are not too sophisticated for you.
Dagestan has a population of 3 mil. Dagestan > Iran when it comes to wrestling. this is undisputed.

Dagestan has a population of 3 mil. Dagestan > Iran when it comes to wrestling. this is undisputed.
It's quite disputed my friend lol. I can throw in the isolated region of Kermanshah in Iran and I bet that the Dagestanis would feel inferior. Please, you can't even put forth arguments based on facts, you're a very limited person who discusses through feelings and arbitrary bullshit - just like a woman. Get a grip bro.

If you could go to any country, any gym in that country and train any combat sport in the world for free all expenses included,
Where would you go?

Thailand?
Brazil?
Russia?
Cuba?
Japan?
China?
South Korea?
Iran?
Stay in good ol' U.S of A?

Why?

I'd go to Cuba and train with all the dope ass ammy boxers there and have Yoel show me around the city later at night.

<RomeroSalute>
Australia mate. Everyone's dangerous af. Even our kangaroos will mess your shit up.
e8tqkobcot211.jpg

I came to Indonesia to learn pencak silat. Met a girl, got married, still here after 20 years.

Regret it so badly.

Back