If Vitor Won't Get Another Shot at Anderson

TicoMMAfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Obviously a bit tongue-in-cheek, but legit question:

Will we simply see Okami vs Vitor in the "You guys are great but you can't beat Ando" title fight? I'm not trying to be rude, hate, or make light of their talent. They're both amazing, but it seems like the UFC is pretty sure they aren't getting shots unless something like Injury-Relief is needed.

Just wondering what you guys think UFCs strategy will be with these two former title contenders.

I can see Vitor getting another title shot if he KTFO 2-3 guys in a row.

I can't imagine Okami getting another title shot. Not just because Anderson crushed him, but also because it would be hard to hype him up since most of his wins come by slow grinding matches and so he will receive the Fitch treatment

Okami won't but vitor very well could

Vitor, Okami, Kos, Rashad, Fitch...after you fail your title shot you are banished to UFC Purgatory, to wait forever for a shot that will never come.

Unless you drop down in weight, that is.

I think Belfort has more chances than Okami in a fight with Anderson Silva. Anderson Silva x Okami doesn't make sense to me right now, but Belfort x Anderson Silva makes more sense... Belfort sells more PPV than Okami, he is a former champion and in my opnion he's better than Okami.. and the first fight against Anderson Silva ends too fast. Well, it would be good if UFC makes Okami x Belfort and if Belfort wins they gave him another title shot...

Off topic, but can someone post the recent picture of Vitor in camp for Bisping? I can't find the original thread or picture anywhere

Vitor is on track for a title shot and his willingness to take a fight on short notice gives him more opportunities. Vitor is probably 2-3 wins from a shot depending on the quality of opponents and how the MW title picture pans out. Okami is probably more like 4-5 wins away and has to deal with being a less marketable opponent

hmm, interesting fight name-wise, and each guy is the other guy's kryptonite: for okami, dangerous strikers, for vitor, relentless grinders. i'd like to see it :)

IF he get some wins I dont see why not. Hes a very good fighter and deserves another chance if he get some wins

Vitor fights weidman for number one contender.

Okami fights bisping.

Vitor, Okami, Kos, Rashad, Fitch...after you fail your title shot you are banished to UFC Purgatory, to wait forever for a shot that will never come.

To be fair all them mentioned got crushed in their title fights.

Kos has only won 2 since he fought GSP. It would be early for a Title Shot for him. Plus, he lost a (close) Decision to Hendricks.

Rashad hasn't even fought since his last shot.

Fitch was on a roll after the GSP loss, but like Okami, his fights (except for vs. Erick Silva) have been Decisions controlled by wrestling that make it hard to market him in another PPV Main Event.

I can see Koscheck, Rashad, and Vitor working their way back up to a Title Shot with a few impressive wins. They all have exciting fights and are marketable draws. I'd be surprised to see Fitch or Okami get shots.

I think Belfort has more chances than Okami in a fight with Anderson Silva. Anderson Silva x Okami doesn't make sense to me right now, but Belfort x Anderson Silva makes more sense... Belfort sells more PPV than Okami, he is a former champion and in my opnion he's better than Okami.. and the first fight against Anderson Silva ends too fast. Well, it would be good if UFC makes Okami x Belfort and if Belfort wins they gave him another title shot...

This. Belfort has a (long suffering) fan base that still believe in the flurry he threw at Wanderlei Silva and hope he can do it again. Okami doesn't have much of a highlight reel that wows mainstream fans despite being more consistent. This would make an interesting #1 contender matchup with Belfort bringing the PPV buys and Okami bringing credibility as a challenger.

I'm sure that not even Okami wants to fight Anderson again... he got his chance, but he was terrified, I will never forget the super scary look in his eyes, never

Now that Yushin Okami beat Alan Belcher he's in a interesting position, he can probably be paired against Lombard next, where a win would mean a lot.

Vitor has a big following, exciting style. He'll get a rematch with some wins for sure.

Well the first JDS x CAIN also finished quite fast, and look at the second fight how diferente it went!

To be fair all them mentioned got crushed in their title fights.

Well UFC does strange things. Look at Chael Sonen, never been a true contender, look at all his fight, is just ground, not even ground and pound! And yet he is getting his third title fight! Besides most of his fights are just boring!

Back