• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If Ulberg Wins They’ll Give Him a Title Shot and Shaft Ankalaev

If Ulberg beats Hill then I think it's Pereira vs Ulberg for the next 205lb title fight in either October or November. October is Abu Dhabi and November is New York.

Probably October since Jones vs Miocic will be main event in November in NYC and any Pereira fight these days is almost certainly gonna be a main event.

I think UFC are lining up Ulberg to be the new star New Zealander at 205lbs. Pereira is 36 and I think he will retire in 2 or 3 years so UFC are planning ahead for Pereira"s eventual retirement and Ulberg ticks the boxes. Even if he fights Pereira and gets beaten as long as he can prove he is more or less title material that's good enough for now.
August in Perth will be the Adesanya vs du Plessis fight but I think that might be too soon for Ulberg to fight on that card but... It's possible.

On the subject of retirement :
I believe Adesanya has told the UFC already how much longer he himself intends to fight and I think that's probably 2 or 3 more years, max.
And Ulberg getting the big push at the 205lbs makes Israel happy and brings one of his team mates and proteges into the limelight.

Guarantee it. Dana loves when guys step up and take chances, if he wins it’ll pay off and they’ll start building up a fight between him and Alex. Why shouldn’t they though? Two veteran kickboxers in their mid 30s who have found great success in MMA, a stylistic dream. Plus don’t forget that Ulberg comes from Izzy’s camp. Ankalaev needs to hope that Jamahal wins next month or he will be disappointed again.

Honestly... good.

There's nothing more annoying than an over-managed fighter who sits out until a title shot finally falls in their lap by sheer attrition.

Ankalaev needs to fight and win, or he falls further down the pecking order.

Jiri is ahead of him, now Ulberg will go ahead of him too, unless Magomed fights and wins well.

That's on him. There are multiple Middle Eastern cards coming up, and of course he could always fight in the USA too. He fought in the Apex last time.

Maybe Ankalaev should have tried being more good looking and possibly sexier. Has he even been practicing his Blue Steel or Le Tigre?

I like Ulberg so I hope he doesn't get pushed too quickly and then burn his career out.

Ank's best win is Johnny Walker. In my papers a win over Jamahal Hill is way better. Besides, I'm sure Ulberg is willing to fight outside of UAE.
Should it be warranted though? Take away Hill's win over retirement Glover and his resume is almost a carbon copy of Ankalaev's, only with even less wins to boot.

I thought the Pereira fight would stop people from overrating Hill, but seems I was mistaken.

Should it be warranted though? Take away Hill's win over retirement Glover and his resume is almost a carbon copy of Ankalaev's, only with even less wins to boot.

I thought the Pereira fight would stop people from overrating Hill, but seems I was mistaken.
no no, he's only one win removed from being champ. he's going to need to lose at least 2 more before people return to reality where Jamal hill has never beaten a decent fighter coming off of a win.

‘Carlos’ ‘Ulberg’ but he looks Samoan, what is he?

He's mixed. A lot of Polynesians are. What do you think Max Holloway or Whittaker are? Also Ulbergs face looks incredibly European.

Dana protecting his cash cow Alex Pereira. Ank needs to win 10 more for a TS. Dagestani privilege.

He's mixed. A lot of Polynesians are. What do you think Max Holloway or Whittaker are? Also Ulbergs face looks incredibly European.
Fair enough. But Whittaker though, I didn’t even know he was mixed for a very long time. Just thought he had Asian eyes

Back