• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

If Ulberg Wins They’ll Give Him a Title Shot and Shaft Ankalaev

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
Guarantee it. Dana loves when guys step up and take chances, if he wins it’ll pay off and they’ll start building up a fight between him and Alex. Why shouldn’t they though? Two veteran kickboxers in their mid 30s who have found great success in MMA, a stylistic dream. Plus don’t forget that Ulberg comes from Izzy’s camp. Ankalaev needs to hope that Jamahal wins next month or he will be disappointed again.

‘Carlos’ ‘Ulberg’ but he looks Samoan, what is he?

I think he sucks and he will get exposed against Hill

Guarantee it. Dana loves when guys step up and take chances, if he wins it’ll pay off and they’ll start building up a fight between him and Alex. Why shouldn’t they though? Two veteran kickboxers in their mid 30s who have found great success in MMA, a stylistic dream. Plus don’t forget that Ulberg comes from Izzy’s camp. Ankalaev needs to hope that Jamahal wins next month or he will be disappointed again.
Ank is a boring diva with ridiculous demands and no leverage.
Hope he gets treated like that one guy whose name I can’t remember.

Yes it's quite obvious that UFC are lining up Ulberg. And yes there's an Adesanya connection there which naturally adds a bit more spice to things.

IF Ulberg can beat the former 205lb champ Hill then the UFC will naturally use that fact to fully legitimize (if that's a word...) Ulberg as a title contender. So yes I can see Ulberg vs Pereira late this year or early next year.

I agree it seems Ankakaev is on the outs but he is an excellent talented fighter. His profile just doesn't quite seem to be to UFC's liking.

Ank is a boring diva with ridiculous demands and no leverage.
Hope he gets treated like that one guy whose name I can’t remember.
What are these ridiculous demands? Suggesting to fight at Abu Dhabi the one upcoming PPV event with no clear headrunner for Main event?

Reactions: HHJ
What are these ridiculous demands? Suggesting to fight at Abu Dhabi the one upcoming PPV event with no clear headrunner for Main event?
you can chill, he is never going to get a title shot.

I find it incredibly hard to feel sympathy for ankalaev. Maybe because he can't get out of his own way at times. Also, it STILL feels like he lacks a signature win.
That's just a consequence of LHW being what it is. Rakic also stuck around as a top 5 guy and his last two wins are Santos and Smith, both by decision. Hill has Glover and Santos. Hell, Spann was ranked and thanks to him we'll see Guskov with a number next to his name in his next fight, and that's a guy who was outclassed by Volkan!

Tbh Ankalaev's resume is actually not bad for someone who has only fought for the title once - Krylov, Volkan, Santos and Smith in a row is pretty decent when you compare it to the other younger guys at LHW.

And what's funny is Pereira won't fight until Anks proposed date to a fight anyway. No fighter has been more protected than Alex

If he wins and looks good, why not? It's better than most of the other active LHWs.

Back