If UFC 157 bombs...

BrainLeakage

Red Belt
Reaction score
is it because of Hendo and Machida?

Some pretty vocal people seem to think the card is on Hendo's and Machida's shoulder... so if it sinks, it's their fault? I disagree completely, I think it's on Rhonda's shoulder since she is the Headlining Main Event.

So, what will it be, the PPV rests on Hendo/Machida or Rhonda?

According to Sherdog, if it succeeds it is only because of Hendo vs. Machida, but if it fails it is only because of Ronda Rousey.

Whatever the results, I say it is because of Ronda.

I like how you said it would be all ronda in another thread.

According to Sherdog, if it succeeds it is only because of Hendo vs. Machida, but if it fails it is only because of Ronda Rousey.

Whatever the results, I say it is because of Ronda.

Sherdog doesn't understand they can't have it both ways...

I like how you said it would be all ronda in another thread.

That's what I said:

Some pretty vocal people seem to think the card is on Hendo's and Machida's shoulder... so if it sinks, it's their fault? I disagree completely, I think it's on Rhonda's shoulder since she is the Headlining Main Event.

It will bomb no matter what. Hendo vs. Machida wouldn't sell a lot if that was the main event.

But Ronda will probably be blamed for it. I will blame Dana.

Wow, you are dense.

REread my post where I repeat that it's on Rhonda's shoulder!

Look it's here for your convenience:

Even if it bombs, i doubt it does any worse than Edgar/Benson 2 or Shogun/Hendo.

Wow, you are dense.

REread my post where I repeat that it's on Rhonda's shoulder!

Look it's here for your convenience:

you know damn well if it succeeds it's because of hendo/machida!

put her on a card with no big names and see how she does?

The two biggest draws on this card are Machida and Rousey. Henderson vs Shogun did 250k buys.

It will bomb no matter what. Hendo vs. Machida wouldn't sell a lot if that was the main event.

But Ronda will probably be blamed for it. I will blame Dana.

More or less.

I think rousey headlining is being done poorly. Shes fighting someone that the other 2-3 bigger names beat. Plus the whole belt being just given to her, but I care little about it.

Hendo v machida shiuld be 5 rounds, main event or not.

This does seem to be the prevailing wisdom around Sherdog. But I tend to believe that the buck stops at the top & Ronda is at the top of the card so it would ultimately be with her blame wise.

you know damn well if it succeeds it's because of hendo/machida!

put her on a card with no big names and see how she does?

So then, if it bombs you agree it's on Hendo/Machida too I assume?

Back