If Till Misses Weight...

YOLOGOGOPLATA

4x Champ Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
If Darren Till we're to miss weight @ UFC 228 who does it benefit? Till is already the bigger man, and if he comes in at say 173 or something like that who do you think it benefits more? Is it just a couple more lbs to add to the size advantage he already has and dwarfing Tyron in the cage helps Till? Or do you think a failed weight cut would deplete his body so much that it would be a good thing for Woodley?

Tyron says that under no circumstances will he fight Kamara Usman if Till can't make championship weight.
Woodley Via MMAFighting : "Whether he’s 170 or 176, he’s still going to get his ass kicked. That’s something that he has to deal with. And his body is going to be beat up from cutting all that weight. He’s probably not doing it the right way. So, it’s going to be to my benefit if he doesn’t make weight.”

Do you all see Woodley being true to his word and taking a fight that wouldn't technically be a title defense? Or does none of this matter at all and I'm just asking a stupid question on a slow news day? If Till misses weigh will this be the worst PPV #'s ever?

I'm rooting for Woodley atm because I expect Till to make weight, but I'd root for Till to stiffen Woodley if he misses weight.

I love people who do whatever they want and just fuck things up

If Till misses weight, then i am sure Tyron would take the fight anyway, assuming that Till doesn't miss by like 5lbs or something crazy.
Tyron will demand extra compensation etc etc and the UFC would lean really really hard on Tyron to take the fight cos the card is not uber-stellar.

It would be a non-title fight, and i'm sure everyone would be hugely pissed off by that. Dana White especially.
If Darren Till cannot make weight this time (170lbs title fight weight) then that would be 3 times out of his last 5 fights and that just ain't working so he should be forced to got to 185lbs. With no belt on the line, it would be a huge let-down if that fight isn't a title-fight.

Last edited:
He wood still take the fight. UFC would pressure him easily into doing it.

If Till misses weight and wins it will be a giant clusterfuck and ultimately the UFCs fault for allowing it to happen.

You just reminded me how bad this PPV is. God it's awful.

Can't wait for UFC 229 and 230.

If Till misses weight, then i am sure Tyron would take the fight anyway, assuming that Till doesn't miss by like 5lbs or something crazy.
Tyron will demand extra compensation etc etc and the UFC would lean really really hard on Tyron to take the fight cos the card is not uber-stellar.

It would be a non-title fight, and i'm sure everyone would be hugely pissed off by that. Dana White especially.
If Darren Till cannot make weight this time (175lbs title fight weight) then that would be 3 times out of his last 5 fights and that just ain't working so he should be forced to got to 185lbs. With no belt on the line, it would be a huge let-down if that fight isn't a title-fight.

Dana should only be pissed off at himself if Till doesn't make weight for the exact reasons you stated. Till has repeatedly shown that he can't be counted on to make weight, yet they gave him a title shot.

Woodley benefits because no matter what happens he remains champ

If Darren Till we're to miss weight @ UFC 228 who does it benefit? Till is already the bigger man, and if he comes in at say 173 or something like that who do you think it benefits more? Is it just a couple more lbs to add to the size advantage he already has and dwarfing Tyron in the cage helps Till? Or do you think a failed weight cut would deplete his body so much that it would be a good thing for Woodley?

A (intentional) failed weight cut would benefit Till, because he doesn't have to cut the extra pounds of water.

If he comes in overweight at 173, he avoids cutting that last 3 lbs, so his cardio will not be affected.

The hardest part about weight cutting is the last few pounds of water when the body is already dehydrated beyond normal limits.

Tyron says that under no circumstances will he fight Kamara Usman if Till can't make championship weight.
Woodley Via MMAFighting : "Whether he’s 170 or 176, he’s still going to get his ass kicked. That’s something that he has to deal with. And his body is going to be beat up from cutting all that weight. He’s probably not doing it the right way. So, it’s going to be to my benefit if he doesn’t make weight.”

Do you all see Woodley being true to his word and taking a fight that wouldn't technically be a title defense? Or does none of this matter at all and I'm just asking a stupid question on a slow news day? If Till misses weigh will this be the worst PPV #'s ever?

Till is a coward for pulling these tricks. If he is too big for WW, as he likes to say, then he needs to move up. But if he doesn't want to move up but fight at WW, he needs to make weight.

This guy is a walking cheat, and it's sad to see that the UFC is rewarding his cheating with a title shot.

I don’t see him taking the fight if Till completely botches the cut by 3 or more pounds. I think he’s full of shit there. I’d find it more likely he accepts it if Till looks like skeletor and barely misses.

Dana should only be pissed off at himself if Till doesn't make weight for the exact reasons you stated. Till has repeatedly shown that he can't be counted on to make weight, yet they gave him a title shot.
Yes !! you're right. They are totally taking "a Vegas long-shot " on Till making the weight.

Worse....he has to make 170lbs this time around, not 171lbs like his last few fights. I watched the Till interview (from mmajunkie.com i think) a few days ago and he keeps on talking about McDonalds and cheeseburgers and stuff. So yeah i'd say he is gonna struggle at best to make it.

Hey, if he DOES make 175lbs on the nose, GOOD FOR HIM! This is a huge huge opportunity to make 170, finish Woodley, and become a huge star. And yeah...if Till misses 170 and then knocks out Woodley....that's a bit of a disaster to be honest in several ways.

Last edited:
A (intentional) failed weight cut would benefit Till, because he doesn't have to cut the extra pounds of water.

If he comes in overweight at 173, he avoids cutting that last 3 lbs, so his cardio will not be affected.

The hardest part about weight cutting is the last few pounds of water when the body is already dehydrated beyond normal limits.

Till is a coward for pulling these tricks. If he is too big for WW, as he likes to say, then he needs to move up. But if he doesn't want to move up but fight at WW, he needs to make weight.

This guy is a walking cheat, and it's sad to see that the UFC is rewarding his cheating with a title shot.

This. Fuck Till

yeah if he misses by a LARGE amount like 3 or 4 or 5 lbs, i think you are right it *might* be intentional to just Get The Job Done. I do wonder how many of all these fighters who miss weight are doing it tactically and saying "fine, take 20% or 30% of my money today, i will make that back another day". Just a viewpoint, not saying it does actually happen like that....

If Till misses weight and wins it will be a giant clusterfuck and ultimately the UFCs fault for allowing it to happen.

The UFC are desperate for Till to win. They want a star from the UK.

If I were Tyron and Till missed weight by 2lbs or more I'd refuse the fight.

Till didn't seem too confident about making weight in some interview I saw yesterday. He kept harping on how he hates to cut weight blah blah blah.....whatever.

It benefits no one because the fight is off if he misses weight. Woodley will make a stand, he won't accept it.

The UFC are desperate for Till to win. They want a star from the UK.
This to some degree. But more so I think they just want to be rid of Woodley as Champ, as he's been a headache, and they're willing to take a big risk to get it done.

This to some degree. But more so I think they just want to be rid of Woodley as Champ, as he's been a headache, and they're willing to take a big risk to get it done.
I completely agree with you and MMAart.
Dana just wants SOMEONE to dethrone Woodley as they've had a contentious history and so Dana is throwing anyone and everyone he can to achieve that objective. Wonderboy, Maia, now Till.
And to be fair....i really have no idea how the TIll v Woodley fight is going to go. -- Nothing would surprise me at all in that fight -- could be a KO from either guy or a long-grinding chess-match slightly-tedious decision from either guy.

Actually YES a submission from either of them WOULD surprise me, but that's about it.

Back