If Thompson had just won the belt then money fights would be still the thing to do

Diggem

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
All of Thompsons fans would be saying how brilliant he is for calling out GSP or Diaz for a big money fight. It would be quite hypocritical but thats what would happen. Don't lie and say he wouldn't do it because he would. Woodley just beat him to it. LOL!

When your thread is a reply to a comment in another thread it helps to explain what the hell you're talking about

Thompson wouldn't be ducking no one, thats for sure

Kinda true, people are mostly piss because T-Wood gettinga title shot was already a little underwhelming.
Wonderboy & Maia deserved more a title shot than T-Wood

+ he beated a fans favorite.

The Gsp call out isn't the problem.

Nick Diaz tho... smh

Last edited:
The problem for me is not Woodley going for the money, but an organisation who wants to be taken seriously giving Nick Diaz a title shot, when his last win was in 2011 over a fat lightweight.

If Woodley gets that red panty night, good for him. But it won't make sense.

I honestly think T-Wood knows Wonderboy would beat him.

Kinda true, people are mostly piss because T-Wood gettinga title shot was already a little underwhelming.
Wonderboy & Maia deserved more a title shot than T-Wood

+ he beat a fans favorite.

Nick Diaz tho... smh

Seriously. Nick Diaz... scmm

All of Thompsons fans would be saying how brilliant he is for calling out GSP or Diaz for a big money fight. It would be quite hypocritical but thats what would happen. Don't lie and say he wouldn't do it because he would. Woodley just beat him to it. LOL!
Yep.............. No Matter what anyone says.... IF YOU DON'T FIGHT TO MAKE THE MOST MONEY...Your an IDIOT>...!

Yep.............. No Matter what anyone says.... IF YOU DON'T FIGHT TO MAKE THE MOST MONEY...Your an IDIOT>...!

I agree with that. Thompson would do the exact same thing but would be cheered for it.

It's different, Thompson has been active and beaten alot of the competition already. Woodley has not.

How many attention seeking threads do you need on the subject to make you feel special?

{<BJPeen}

Nah, he wouldn't do it. He might call out gsp, but not Diaz. That's honestly just a joke & it makes Woodley look like such a pathetic blubbering coward. He's so scared of Stephen he called out a guy that hasn't won in 5 years. The worst part is, Woodley never deserved the shot in the first place.

Nah, he wouldn't do it. He might call out gsp, but not Diaz. That's honestly just a joke & it makes Woodley look like such a pathetic blubbering coward. He's so scared of Stephen he called out a guy that hasn't won in 5 years. The worst part is, Woodley never deserved the shot in the first place.

He would definitely do it. In fact if Thompson doesn't get the title shot next then I think he will sit out and not fight until he gets title shot.

I would want to fight for big money fight against GSP or Diaz. Nobody knows who Thompson is and he is not a needle mover. Getting a fight with GSP or Diaz makes you money.

No...the worst part is that Conor and Bisping are doing the exact same thing but have been cheered for and congratulated for doing it. They have been called brilliant for doing so.

If Thompson ever won the belt ( I doubt that he ever will) then he will be asking for money fights also. He needs to wait his turn though because Woodley has the belt.

He would definitely do it. In fact if Thompson doesn't get the title shot next then I think he will sit out and not fight until he gets title shot.
He has every right to sit out & wait. He actually earned it unlike Woodley. He beat the guy schooled Woodley & the former champ. & a dude that's top 10 at MW now. & he might call out gsp, which I can understand. But he wouldn't have called out Nick. Idk why you're trying to act like he would. Maybe to make Woodley look better?

He has every right to sit out & wait. He actually earned it unlike Woodley. He beat the guy schooled Woodley & the former champ. & a dude that's top 10 at MW now. & he might call out gsp, which I can understand. But he wouldn't have called out Nick. Idk why you're trying to act like he would. Maybe to make Woodley look better?

No he doesn't. Just like people shit on Woodley for doing it. Woodley earned his shot as the UFC gave it to him.

An example of a fighter not earning his title shot would be Stipe.

In b4 the race card is played... again and again and again
tumblr_m38v5atjwv1ql9143o1_500.gif

this is pretzel logic. If Wonderboy beat lawler (and won the title).. that would make GSP the number one contender.... and he would have already beaten Rory and lawler, and in turn would then be booked to fight Woodley because GSP is not in the picture right now.

Wonderboy beats everyone in the contender status.

ipso facto: if Wonderboy beat Lawler then we would see him fighting Woodley

If Wonderboy was champ, I'd be more likely to call for superfights- and no, not because he's white (although, that certainly helps)- but because I truly believe he's the best WW right now. I could be wrong; I probably am (I said the same shit about Holly after she beat Ronda). But that's my reasoning.

Nick Diaz tho... smh

This. I have no complaints if Wonderboy has to wait if Woodley is fighting GSP. It's be great, and I think Woodley is a real threat to GSP.

But Woodley searching for fights with guys like Diaz come of badly imo. The order at welterweight ought to be:

1. GSP if he returns
2. Stephen Thompson
3. Demian Maia (if he beats Condit, which he won't).

Back