if this guy went into mma...

Vitor has a high fight IQ? Thats highly debatable

He's had some brilliant moments and he's gone full retard in some fights as well.

I'd say his bad moments have more to do with giving up mid fight then actual lack of ability to assess the current situation.

People with low IQ's make the best one trick pony's.

Vitor has a high fight IQ? Thats highly debatable

file.gif

VIT1.gif

No,
it's not average and it's not normal
to have an IQ of 75, it's pretty close to being defined as having an intellectual disability (I think the borderline is around 70). About 15% of the population has an IQ between 70 and 90, those usually have learning problems. Check any IQ curve for a country and you will see the distribution. Average is around 100.

i didn't say it was average but it IS normal. there are plenty of people with low IQs, that in itself is not uncommon or abnormal. what i was saying with the punchers chance is this dude could go in one day, sit a different IQ test, and get a normal score, and it wouldnt be far fetched. these tests arent all the same and the same guy will get different scores on different tests. anyway this thread is about whether he would get knocked out. whats your internet IQ?

That being said, I don't think that for example Palhares for is a rocket scientist and he seems to be doing pretty well.

i can think of plenty of complete idiots who are talented at a sport

I don't think that's what fight IQ means, it's usually used to talk about a fighter's hability to follow a good gameplan, make the right adjustments if needed and understanding where he stands on the judges' scorecard.

I don't think that's what fight IQ means, it's usually used to talk about a fighter's hability to follow a good gameplan, make the right adjustments if needed and understanding where he stands on the judges' scorecard.

Fight IQ, to me, is more than just being able to follow a gameplan. It's also the ability to read your opponent during the fight, make adjustments on the fly, trick your opponent, recognize when your opponent is vulnerable and finish him.

Vitor displayed all of that in the Rockhold and Hendo fights.

Back