If there was an eccentric fighter that you could make more stable

There are plenty of characters in the UFC, Tony Ferguson, Diego Sanchez, Mike Perry, among others. If you could take one of these fighters and made them more orthodox so they could be a better fighter who would it be?

I think Tony's eccentricity is what led to a lot of his early success so I'd keep him as is but I wish Diego acted a little less strange to become the best version of himself.

Sanchez and Perry don't have unorthodox styles in the cage.

Mentally stable Conor would have defended the 145 title until he broke Silva’s record and retired. Instead he did coke and went to 170 and got choked out by Diaz then to boxing where he had zero business being and gassed out.
Lol conor knew exactly what he was doing and everything he did was perfectly rehearsed.

He said he came to “get in , get rich, and get out”
Did exactly that, came back to compete
For fun with out the fire in his eyes and no physical goals.

I think mike perry would be the fighter that show the greatest improvement if not for his immaturity/mental illness/eccentricity. The guy just possesses insane athleticism and power you can't teach. However his fundamentals are poor and he has the maturity of a 13 year old.

Please no.
He and Dana said he is still fighting. It would be a good addition to his style. He keeps trying to use pull counters and slips only but he doesn't read combos well and his counters aren't fast enough. He needs a high guard and learn to counter using a high guard if he wants to minimize damage in his future fights.

Mentally stable Conor would have defended the 145 title until he broke Silva’s record and retired. Instead he did coke and went to 170 and got choked out by Diaz then to boxing where he had zero business being and gassed out.
Doesnt work like that, they were aiming for 155 and then the UFC offered to sign at 145, he was never going to defend that belt.

Aleks E in MMA overall

Lieben or Diego in the UFC.

Tony might have overachieved partially due to his crazy style and recovery/heart. This days his style seems way more conventional.

Back