If there was a movie made about the UFC and mma what would make you want to go see it?

Well it would have to have kevin james in it.

Oh wait a minute

Butter faces, because WMMA is filled with plenty of those. I want my MMA movie to be represented 100 percent correctly.

I'd love to see a fictional recreation of the early UFC tournament days. Just the idea of all these karate guys and ninjas and shit turning up to prove themselves in "ultimate fighting". Actors playing the Gracies, Frye, Severn, Tank etc etc. I think it would be very interesting.

They should make a movie about a deaf wrestler that goes into MMA against all odds, Jim Carrey could be the coach. Call it Signing In The Reign

I'd like to see distinct styles matching up with each other and putting a focus on the coaches game planning and the strategy in between rounds and fights.

I've seen enough fighting movies where they montage a really hard training session and then the fight goes, punch punch early success, opponent comes back and flattens protagonist. Protagonist doesn't adjust, no interesting, realistic strategies are used, protagonist just draws from within and fights extra hard for the win.

you simply cant make a believable fight scene once you've seen real fighting.

Lmfao

It's true. And horrible. I can't enjoy movies with shitty fake fights. Last fight I enjoyed watching was in They Live from 1988 (re-watched it like a year ago)

if they could capture the feeling of the opening few minutes of the documentary The Smashing Machine, i'd be down.

i highly recommend everyone watch at least the first few minutes of The Smashing Machine.

Only stuff that would slightly interest me would be a documentary style film showing behind the scenes stuff and giving insight on rumors and story's we've heard about through the years.

I hate combat sports movies the choreography of the fights are dumb and looks fake you simply cant make a believable fight scene once you've seen real fighting.

You ever seen "here comes the boom"?

Lmfao

interviews with legends would be great with rare fight footage.

Warriors wasn't too bad from a fight scene perspective.

Jon Jones played by Michael Jai White

GSP played by Steven Seagal

If its something like creed or southpaw id be okay with it. But one thing id try to make the movie do is look at it from the perspective of 2 different fighters ratger than 1.

Id make a movie about one guy who is so insecure about being in poverty that he goes against his own core principles and turns his back on his own values to do increasingly shitty things to sell a fight.

These shitty things then effect the other fighter in a personal way with his friends and family (i.e. his kids get bullied) and he puts lots of pressure on himself to perform which causes him lots of stress. The promoters on the other hand love this and encourage it. As the movie builds up to the climax, and there is this film expectation that the guy being trashed talk wins, he actually loses a close fight and the film ends with the other character feeling guilty of how the guy he beat is being treated by fans and the media but not enough to abandon his persona and actually say something to defend him because his agents and team feel hed be more popular if he kept up the act.

Back